User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    l2english, you noob.
    Haha, sorry English is my second language . Of course that's not a excuse, but meh.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    INTx

My parents constantly remind me what I'm a self-absorbed little jackass.

I don't think I'm rude. I'm polite and all that. But I don't attached the emotional.. ah.. weight to certain things that other seem to get upset about. I forgot to wish my mother a happy birthday last month and this was apparantly traumatic for her. I should have wished her a happy birthday, but the amount of drama is spawned was horrific. Bleh!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    For years my ESFJ mother has been on my case about my lack of consideration for other people's feeling, or put more plainly, my rudeness. I've always known her opinion of me was fairly accurate.

What I'm wondering is whether rudeness is the true defining feature of the NT personality? For a while I thought it was, perhaps, just an NTJ thing. Then I realized that were just as many, if not more, rude NTPs. After that I considered that the rude/not rude split might be along E/I lines....now I feel fairly confident that the INTs are just as rude as the ENTs. Are NTs, as a group, just rude people?

Disclaimer: If you think you're a polite NT, please feel free to politely share with us why you think that's the case. I don't want to start another flamewar between the NTs, I just would like to know how other NTs see themselves.
    The ESFJ is almost always critical of the NT for something. They seem to enjoy trying to 'take us down a peg or two'
    They are almost as hard on us as we can be to each other.
    INtP...RCUEI primary I...5w4...INTp... ILI...The Artist Formerly Known As Car!ssa

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Carissa View Post
    The ESFJ is almost always critical of the NT for something. They seem to enjoy trying to 'take us down a peg or two'
    I am only here because i am intrigued. I will shortly scuffle off to my safe place.

You are so right, it is not even funny. Thank god i only knew 2 intj's, that is more than enough. lol.

The only reason i tried to take both of them down a peg or two is because don't get me wrong you express your views with conviction. Just as i do but these 2 people, i couldn't be right, their views were gospal even though my point was also valid. I think it is somewhat closed mindedness. Its like a 'holier than thou' perception these 2 had about themselves.

Some of you lot in this thread are quite funny. I think that is the problem with you Vs me .. When you don't take yourself seriously, you are super cool people and i think you are amazing, i do love your minds. The problem is when you take yourself seriously then well its like an atomic bomb going off. Run for cover.

Please tell me if you think i am wrong??? Just keep it light hearted, or else i am never going to venture here again.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I am only here because i am intrigued. I will shortly scuffle off to my safe place.

You are so right, it is not even funny. Thank god i only knew 2 intj's, that is more than enough. lol.

The only reason i tried to take both of them down a peg or two is because don't get me wrong you express your views with conviction. Just as i do but these 2 people, i couldn't be right, their views were gospal even though my point was also valid. I think it is somewhat closed mindedness. Its like a 'holier than thou' perception these 2 had about themselves.

Some of you lot in this thread are quite funny. I think that is the problem with you Vs me .. When you don't take yourself seriously, you are super cool people and i think you are amazing, i do love your minds. The problem is when you take yourself seriously then well its like an atomic bomb going off. Run for cover.

Please tell me if you think i am wrong??? Just keep it light hearted, or else i am never going to venture here again.
    I suppose it's possible. I rarely take myself seriously so it's hard to say. I enjoy a good debate, and I prefer not to have to constantly couch the things I say in order to make sure my conversation partner is not being emotionally injured, so sometimes I just say what I have to say and hope for the best. Clearly, this doesn't always work well when in the company of more sensitive types. Ts and NTs, in particular, will generally ask for clarification rather than assume they've been insulted...in my experience. I've basically gotten to the point that I won't bother with topics that I know will prove incendiary with Fs. My mom is, of course, the exception. If she can't deal with me after almost 40 years ...:rolli: (of course my mom is married to an ENTJ, my dad, so she's used to it and has my sis, ESFP, to cry to when it gets to be too much).

IRL I generally steer clear of situations where I know there's a risk I'll piss someone off. Unfortunately, it's hard to here because we can't see or hear each other. It's easy to assume the worst.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Not "rude" just "sadistic."

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Carissa View Post
    christ, the world doesn't need people to take each other down a peg. that's not how progress happens. i would immediately shun anyone who would try and "take me down a peg" without any logical merit.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    christ, the world doesn't need people to take each other down a peg. that's not how progress happens. i would immediately shun anyone who would try and "take me down a peg" without any logical merit.
    Including your mother? (Sheeeesh, and I thought Ts were cold!<--For anyone who may be unclear, THIS IS A JOKE)

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I suppose it's possible. I rarely take myself seriously so it's hard to say. I enjoy a good debate, and I prefer not to have to constantly couch the things I say in order to make sure my conversation partner is not being emotionally injured, so sometimes I just say what I have to say and hope for the best. Clearly, this doesn't always work well when in the company of more sensitive types. Ts and NTs, in particular, will generally ask for clarification rather than assume they've been insulted...in my experience. I've basically gotten to the point that I won't bother with topics that I know will prove incendiary with Fs. My mom is, of course, the exception. If she can't deal with me after almost 40 years ...:rolli: (of course my mom is married to an ENTJ, my dad, so she's used to it and has my sis, ESFP, to cry to when it gets to be too much).

IRL I generally steer clear of situations where I know there's a risk I'll piss someone off. Unfortunately, it's hard to here because we can't see or hear each other. It's easy to assume the worst.
    I agree. It's not worth the effort most times. I generally back out and Fe you to death - it's easier than dealing with the aftermath of a 3 hour bitch-and-cry session. I've learned to pick my battles and my words over the years. But it wasn't easy and it still feels like lying.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Funnily enough around here it's the NTs that I've found I have to tip toe around, they can get upset easily...

*tiptoes out of the thread*

Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations