User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Rudeness is a personality trait, not a type trait. Seriously now guys... Come on. You can fix rudeness, wouldn't you see being rude or inconsiderate as a weakness for you to conquer (assuming you suffer from those)?
    It's not rudeness so much, for me, as the involuntary slips of the tongue. I'm generally polite, externally.

But every once in a while when I'm preoccupied, the mental dialogue escapes and is verbalized.

Gah! Now everyone has had a glimpse of what I'm really thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    It's not a zero sum game. You're still a dork.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Shut the fuck up you bitter deluded woman (!) INTP. You have nothing interesting to add to the discussion. Ever.

*makes feel sorry for me I'm an INTJ eyes at blue*

That was just plain rude.
    I do feel sorry for you, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

LOL, figures an NTJ would make this thread.

We NTPs can be quite charming. Or at least know how to STFU.

MBTI
    INTP

I am either as rude as I want to be or very polite. If I'm being polite, it means I'm not comfortable around someone though.

Proof? I got banned for a month for saying "fuck you" at INTPc. I just felt comfortable there and was expressing my feelings about being censored. It didn't occur to me to sugar coat it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    LOL, figures an NTJ would make this thread.

We NTPs can be quite charming. Or at least know how to STFU.
    OR at least you think so. Despite the great warmth I feel for the large number I work with on a daily basis, the closest thing to charm I've seen from an INTP male is silence. Most are cute because of their utter lack of charm and general social retardedness. When it comes to normal human interaction, they're like puppies that are so homely you feel obligated to take them home and care for them.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Some T's can be rude to others and then very, very sensitive to rudeness coming back from others in return. When this happens, it is shocking to witness. One tends to take their coming on strong with the rudeness as a sign they're ready to take it return.
    Amen to that :rolli:

Re OP; No, I'm not rude and those who know me irl would not say I am either, I have plenty of weaknesses but rudeness or an inconsideration of the effect my words/actions may have on others isn't one of them. IMO that is a maturity/personal responsibility thing not a type thing, NTs just may not see it as something that needs to be overcome as its pretty common to not care that much about the feelings of others. I've even seen NTs take pride in their rudeness, they think being 'honest' in the form of rudeness is actually a good quality.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    I am either as rude as I want to be or very polite. If I'm being polite, it means I'm not comfortable around someone though.
    I recognise this in myself: being rude with my close friends as a strange way of expressing how fond I am of them.
    To bystanders, this may be hard to read...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    For years my ESFJ mother has been on my case about my lack of consideration for other people's feeling, or put more plainly, my rudeness. I've always known her opinion of me was fairly accurate.

What I'm wondering is whether rudeness is the true defining feature of the NT personality? For a while I thought it was, perhaps, just an NTJ thing. Then I realized that were just as many, if not more, rude NTPs. After that I considered that the rude/not rude split might be along E/I lines....now I feel fairly confident that the INTs are just as rude as the ENTs. Are NTs, as a group, just rude people?

Disclaimer: If you think you're a polite NT, please feel free to politely share with us why you think that's the case. I don't want to start another flamewar between the NTs, I just would like to know how other NTs see themselves.
    Oh there is a cure. Videotape what you say and platy it to yourself over and over again when you are bored.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Pretty much everyone in my family was a bit... er, unhealthy. They all thought I was horrible. It seemed anything I did, however large or small and whatever my intention, left people aghast. Dark humor, reasoned analysis, choosing my own academic path.

And Lord, they wouldn't leave me alone. No sense of emotional breathing room at all. They couldn't understand why I was so cold.

Which is fun, since when I care about people I do try my best to help them. Just... leave me alone, and I'll do what I can.

When I'm around people of my own choosing, I seem to come off as unusually polite and gentle.

MBTI
    INTJ

Screw you, who died and made you God?