• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, just plain rude?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
The question is: why do those kind of things occur to us so frequently?

I'm not sure. About joking insults, maybe like INTJs, we are constantly making critical observations, but unlike INTJs, INTPs don't just state them, but we try to add wit, which makes it more acceptable for others and still lets us get the critique out.

heart

heart on fire
I'm not sure. About joking insults, maybe like INTJs, we are constantly making critical observations, but unlike INTJs, INTPs don't just state them, but we try to add wit, which makes it more acceptable for others and still lets us get the critique out.

Just a thought here, not particularly aimed at this post or any other.

A large part of how much "rudeness" a T gets away with has to do with how evenly they respond to the reactions they get. If one flames another, one has to be ready to stand and take what comes back in return.

If someone (T or F) comes down hard and heavy with a rude tone and insults and then gets hypersenstive when others give the same back in return, then people are going to start being confused by that person and in the end just not wanting to deal with them.

Then again, I've highly offended an NT's feelings by just saying I don't think Fox news is unbiased. :shock:

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Hmmm. Never thought of myself as rude. Perhaps some of you mistake an honest desire to find the truth in what others say or do as rudeness. I often feel like others misunderstand my intentions, which is likely where this perception of rudeness stems.

Perhaps if you further analyzed those aspects of a conversation or experience that you perceived as rude, you'd find that in reality, your perspective was inaccurate enough to cause a misconception on your part?

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm inconsiderate, not rude.

I'll hold open a door for a stranger, but I'll leave dirty dishes in the sink *all day for someone else to clean.

Last edited:

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Fuck you guys. I'm not rude.

My humour just acknowledges the line, plays with it a bit, crosses it ever so slightly, then comes back having shown that I can cross the line and the arbitrariness and subjectivity of it.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
:D
I think you've made it fairly obvious it's as much an INTP thing as it is ENTJ.

Nah... He's just trying to be funny... not rude. Perhaps a smiley would have helped. Here...

ENTJ. It's a gift. :)

That better?

Eh emm... I mean...

That better? :):):hi::hi:

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Fuck you guys. I'm not rude.

My humour just acknowledges the line, plays with it a bit, crosses it ever so slightly, then comes back having shown that I can cross the line and the arbitrariness and subjectivity of it.

Costrin.. your statement has deeply offended me. On behalf of INTP's everywhere, I hereby sentence you to 10 days duty as acting ESFP at the local Princess Tea Party and Glamour Club.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Costrin.. your statement has deeply offended me. On behalf of INTP's everywhere, I hereby sentence you to 10 days duty as acting ESFP at the local Princess Tea Party and Galmour Club.

No you suck. It's "INTPs". NO APOSTROPHE YOU FAIL GRAMMAR. NO SOUP ONE YEAR. Your post has offended my grammatical sensibilities and I would be greatly amused if your post would be bombed into oblivion in front of your face. With bombs. Of extra explosive qualitative properties.

600px-MKwii_Bob-omb.jpg

So no, your tea parties and clubs can go fuck 'emselves. While I watch. And I hope they get pregnant. And have an abortion. I would laugh.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rudeness is a personality trait, not a type trait. Seriously now guys... Come on. You can fix rudeness, wouldn't you see being rude or inconsiderate as a weakness for you to conquer (assuming you suffer from those)?

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
So no, your tea parties and clubs can go fuck 'emselves. While I watch. And I hope they get pregnant. And have an abortion. I would laugh.
Riiiiiiiight. * looks at the red flags all around *

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you've made it fairly obvious it's as much an INTP thing as it is ENTJ.

Yeah. But we're fluffy with it and everyone loves us.

ENTPs are charming and so get away with it.

Everyone feels sorry for INTJs so they're excused.

Then there's you guys ....

juggernaut

Permabanned

Sheesh, and I thought we were the ones with the delusions of grandeur! I suppose it's good to dream....

*pats the sad little INTP on the back*

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
This is an NTJ problem not an NT problem. NTPs are charming when they're abrupt. Don't tar us all with the same brush.

juggernaut

Permabanned
This is an NTJ problem not an NT problem. NTPs are charming when they're abrupt. Don't tar us all with the same brush.

Ha! Well you guys certainly are funny! How nice it must to be to be so completely disconnected from reality, I truly envy you. :)

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I'm very offended by this topic. :ranting:

I am fancy rude, not plain rude. Yeesh.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Finding one's center...balance between thinking and feeling...and doing it by feeling, aligns the two as values and really helps with being more rounded and in touch..

..also most everybody appreciates it...Good question :)

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn

Shut the fuck up you bitter deluded woman (!) INTP. You have nothing interesting to add to the discussion. Ever.

*makes feel sorry for me I'm an INTJ eyes at blue*

:hug: