User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Overreaction, I fight doing it these days, but my brother enjoyed setting me up for it untill I came close to killing him. I think he saw himself closer to death than I saw myself actually cracking his skull open. Anyway, yes, us Fs do have a problem with overreaction; especially if we don't see a need to grow out of it.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I'm not polite because I DONT HAVE TO BE - I am the way i am because of my temperament, and also due to my fostering. If people think of my frankness as rude and improper, then they are disrespecting MY biology and my principles of libertarianism.

In short, I think the opposite sorta: The world is just plain rude to NTs. It's not regularly "built with us in mind".

MBTI
    INTP

I think I'm polite/diplomatic, for the most part. If someone gets me riled up, then I will care much less about considering their feelings, though. I think I have a really high amount of Fe for an INTP, though. I grew up having to be really aware of others' feelings, and of social conventions.
    Something Witty

heart on fire

I don't think all T have a problem with being out and out rude any more often than F can. There's a problem with equating F with nice and T with rude.

For the T who is rude, lack of F probably wouldn't be the problem as often as Tertriary Temptation would be the problem. Secondary function should allow thinker to take in perceptive data or make judgements that allow them to navigative interpersonal situations more smoothly.

Some T's can be rude to others and then very, very sensitive to rudeness coming back from others in return. When this happens, it is shocking to witness. One tends to take their coming on strong with the rudeness as a sign they're ready to take it return.

This might also be a problem with not having good use of their secondary.

Some of the most even tempered, kind spoken people I've known have been T, yes...*gasp* even NT.

MBTI
    nnnn

Hmm, I consider myself polite, but when I feel like I'm being violated or a right of mine is breached I don't hesitate to directly state my opinion of what's happened. In a professional setting as well, I will be fairly direct.

I'm good at bringing out the Se and Fi with new people or in everyday situations or sometimes it just dominates according to what the environment is like.

People that know me better - good friends (and their friends because I can't just switch) and especially family, they get the uncensored version, and yes, that one can be direct/rude. I guess I'm the worst with the people that I feel I can be myself around. Which frightens me.

Noz has a point. Thankfully my people seem to accept it. I'm rarely rude with bad intentions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I say and do the shittiest things without even trying.
    ENTJ. It's a gift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Sometimes I get a joke or an insult (nothing really mean) in my head and if it's good enough it's hard for me not to say it. INTPs are probably one of the less rude NTs, and I think the more at ease we are in a situation, the more likely we are to say something inappropriate.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I welcome all responses. Do you think the lack of F is the root of the trouble? My former ESTP husband is one of the loveliest, most well-mannered human beings I know. I wonder if it's a combination of a lack of feeling and a lack of regard for convention? I say and do the shittiest things without even trying. If it wasn't for the teary-eyed folks on the receiving end I wouldn't even known I'd done anything wrong most of the time.
    Come to think of it, i remember faking crying a time or two just to regain some leverage. Perhaps you were manipulated to put your realistic actions in some kind of check. They probably reacted like this when they found no other way out of confronting their own saying and doing the shittiest things to someone who is beyond the expected trivial stuff.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Sometimes I get a joke or an insult (nothing really mean) in my head and if it's good enough it's hard for me not to say it.
    The question is: why do those kind of things occur to us so frequently?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Sometimes I get a joke or an insult (nothing really mean) in my head and if it's good enough it's hard for me not to say it.
    Been there so many times. I just can't help myself at times because its too funny so i start laughing then i get asked "whats funny?" and they insist you tell them!

I think NTs just have different lines from other people over what you can and can't say. To an NT telling the "truth" accurately and being 100% logical is far more important than how "nice" that truth is. And alot of people don't see it that way.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!