MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Isn't that a contradiction?
    No, not a contradiction because you can be clear headed and angry, just like you can be clear headed and happy or any other emotion. My emotions and thoughts are generally separate. Aren't yours? How does it work for you?

Maybe this is why they say that ENTPs are good in a crisis? It's like the world stops and I just see a, b and c with amazing clarity and have entered some sort of logic zone. At moments of anger or crisis, it's weird, but emotions seem gone - I feel like I've completely stepped out of myself and feel nothing. I don't know how else to explain it, even though that definitely sounds like a contradiction now, lol. Maybe I shouldn't call it anger, but apathy toward my opponent? It's very hard to describe an emotion. It's the feeling that happens when I no longer care about you and no longer want to play nice. It's when I no longer see you as a person. I don't recognize your feelings and I don't recognize my own - I have one goal in mind and will not stop until I complete it. Hmmmm, I'm making myself sound pretty damn scary, hahaha... I'm actually a nice person.

I agree about the Te, very well said.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    No, not a contradiction because you can be clear headed and angry, just like you can be clear headed and happy or any other emotion. My emotions and thoughts are generally separate. Aren't yours? How does it work for you?
    But I think, if it doesnt concern yourself, everyone is good at keeping his head and emotions separate.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    But I think, if it doesnt concern yourself, everyone is good at keeping his head and emotions separate.
    You can't do that when it concerns yourself? Maybe it's just me, who knows...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes. I think I can be perceived as rude for riding roughshod over someone although I was probably not meaning to. However, I can say, that at the time I am usually much more interested in conveying a concept or idea and have forgotten to be considerate.

I generally don't notice that someone else is being rude. Unless they are self-righteously pointing out that *I* have been being rude. The ill-logic of that will snap me out of my thoughts. I usually become very offended at that point, just as a poster above mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I am an INTP and I have been called rude, many times, and inconsiderate of feelings, but only from people that I actually care about, I say things BECAUSE i care about them, because I want them to understand the Truth, as opposed to the people I dont give a crap about, who I don't talk to at all, let alone give criticism to, but of course because of their personality they dont understand, but i still love em.

MBTI
    INTJ

It isn't the INTP regard for truth that I consider rude; it's their regard for snark.
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

MBTI
    ENTP

^ Now, that comment seems semi-snarky to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

MBTI
    INTJ

What, little old me?
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by therationaledge View Post
    I am an INTP and I have been called rude, many times, and inconsiderate of feelings, but only from people that I actually care about, I say things BECAUSE i care about them, because I want them to understand the Truth.
    You want them to understand the Truth. That truth is only based on your perception of things. You may be right in your logic. You may also be wrong. You can give an opinion based on your understanding but to say its the Truth. Hmmmm.

I think this is just a SJ and NT thing possibly.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe