• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Disconnected,

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm wondering if anyone relates.
You feel disconnected, your feelings and emotions aren't easily 'going into things' that they usually easily find a way into.
Yet you feel peaceful. Low stress level.

Gengar

MBTI Type
INFP
So you mean 'getting a good feeling from being lazy'?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm wondering if anyone relates.
You feel disconnected, your feelings and emotions aren't easily 'going into things' that they usually easily find a way into.
Yet you feel peaceful. Low stress level.

Definitely. That's how I feel most of the time these days...

EDIT: Oh, I just saw the forum you posted this in. You were probably looking for an NT response. Don't mind me then, carry on.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Definitely. That's how I feel most of the time these days...

EDIT: Oh, I just saw the forum you posted this in. You were probably looking for an NT response. Don't mind me then, carry on.

No, I just put it in the NT forum because I am NT. These forums aren't that strict, I hope.

So you mean 'getting a good feeling from being lazy'?

No. I didn't say anything about being lazy.

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I enjoy this type of detachment from life occasionally. There are times when I don't feel like feeling anything at all and these spells of emotional numbness come welcomed.

Usually if I want to feel something, though, I can. It is not as if I'm stuck in the detachment.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Used to get that a lot but not so much anymore. I learnt just put out all the shit in my head and in doing so kinda felt more a part of reality.

Unique

Yeah this disconnection has cause problems for me too

But has some positives...

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I've been having problems with this in recent times. Exam stress, final drafts of coursework, essay deadlines, etc. With no real coping resources or social ties the stress of it all makes me bury my head in the sand and disconnect myself. The shame of missing deadlines and the added pressure of new ones approaching makes me bury my head deeper. So much so that I missed the final deadline for a piece of coursework when I haven't even handed in the first draft. Yet for some reason, I just don't care.

I'm not sure if this was what you're referring to. It sounds a bit maudlin, I know. I just don't have the incentive to come out of my shell.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
my virtue has always been detachment. i don't feel disconnected per se, i merely treat myself as an observer to the world.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My feelings are always present, I can be a very sensitive person, but I have trouble verbalizing my feelings in the moment, and there are times where I'm not quite sure where I stand on things. When I get involved with them, there are times I can get clouded by them. In fact, I'm highly sensitive, but it isn't always apparent to people who don't know me very well IRL. I know my emotions are definitely there but there are periods I go without being aware of any emotional sensations.

There is often a certain peace, void existing within me, there's turbulence bubbling, but the tranquility is there, until I get awoken to reality again. I guess it's just a defense mechanism, especially having a constant sort of anxiety. Maybe something I have forgotten, or something serious happens. Kind of being outside of things, thinking about things.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I am quite certain of where I stand and how I feel about things. Expressing them is an entirely different story.