• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do you truly think about feelers ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Very simple:What do you trully think about feelers ?

All areas of life are included into this question/thread. I know that Fs are very wide group of people and that there are healthy ones and unhealthy ones.
So people/NTs are free to take this question in way that they relate it to their expriances with Fs and what they find good and what they find bad about them.

I suggest to Fs to take this thread as useful information instead and not as a hostile gesture.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't like being made to feel like I'm less of a human because I don't cry all the time. I'm very sick of people behaving as if I don't have feelings just because I don't express them publicly. Just because I don't tell you, doesn't mean I'm in avoidance - I just don't want to share it with you. But for the most part, I am truly not affected by the multitude of things that you are. I will not cry watching The Notebook, and I am not sorry, so please back off - thanks.

I don't like people trying to make more of a situation than what it is, by adding all this emotional color to it. Reading subtext where there is none.

I don't like hearing these silly, hokey sounding words: connection, soul, spiritual, journey

on the flip side:

I like the joy they get in the simple pleasures in life - a hug, a phone call, a flower.

I like the way they dress themselves with flair.

I like how they truly believe in soul connections and spiritual journeys.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
I hate being accused by feelers that my spiritual connections with another entity are insane and are a croc. These accusations leave me asking myself *are my connections with spirituality not superficial enough for them to understand or did i not articulate my connections superficially enough?* Although, i have to admit, i was given this wonderful and beautiful capacity to believe by a feeler.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't truly think anything significant. I don't generally categorize people by MBTI because it's primitive, and even when I do, I think everyone can be rationalized with, so it's irrelevant.

Cheers.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Prof: You've been brainwashed. They are insane and it is a crock.

I had a feeler yell at me for calling a tomato an ovary (which it is). Apparently, humans have the ability to transcend this mundane life and journey to the exterior reaches of the heavens, but tomatoes do not? I don't understand what he was getting at or why it was so upsetting for him - just another F mystery. Please don't F me.

And Edahn, I think we all know that...

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
All of it, except that fact that you don't like using it. I didn't know that.

Post some more sexy brushing your teeth photos please. thanks.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like their tutus.

avolkiteshvara

MBTI Type
YaYa
How do I feel about Feelers?

The question seems to be phrased to elicit a strong knee jerk response either way.

I feel about them the same way I feel about people with blue eyes or curley hair. They are different, thats it.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I actually really like feelers. Like 90% of my friends are feely types. I love being able to sink into a pillow full of hugs for a few minutes each day. But just for a few minutes. And it doesn't mean I'm upset about anything. No, I don't need to talk, but thanks. No really, I'm ok, but thanks.

I love you guys. And I love the way you bring different perspectives to the table and always make me laugh (esp my crazy fun enfps). :smooch: :hug:

Vildechaya

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I don't like being made to feel like I'm less of a human because I don't cry all the time. I'm very sick of people behaving as if I don't have feelings just because I don't express them publicly. Just because I don't tell you, doesn't mean I'm in avoidance - I just don't want to share it with you. But for the most part, I am truly not affected by the multitude of things that you are. I will not cry watching The Notebook, and I am not sorry, so please back off - thanks.

I don't like people trying to make more of a situation than what it is, by adding all this emotional color to it. Reading subtext where there is none.

I don't like hearing these silly, hokey sounding words: connection, soul, spiritual, journey

on the flip side:

I like the joy they get in the simple pleasures in life - a hug, a phone call, a flower.

I like the way they dress themselves with flair.

I like how they truly believe in soul connections and spiritual journeys.
You are amazing. Everything you say is so true.

freedom geek

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
In general I tend to dislike them, basing ones decisions of emotions rather than thought and logic seems silly to me and I believe it can sometimes lead to dire consequences.
Our emotions did not evolve for the modern world.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I generally have nothing against them. Most of them are entertaining enough, and my feeler friends (not as creepy as it sounds) are really great people. However, there is two things about some of them that bug the crap out of me:
(i) the moral high ground some of them get on when they realize my values are less clearly defined than theirs are (or that I don't cry when I watch Bambi)
(ii) the ones that take my pointless argumentative banter personally and think I consider them to be well beneath me and thus treat me like I'm an arrogant prick

Other than that, wonderful people.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I picture the most intense Feeler I know to be like I am to her:

Ultimately hard to get along with, but a constant source of wonders

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think that most self-identified NTs have a neurotic fixation with the rationality ascribed to them by the MBTI profile. This is despite the fact that this forum is chock full of some incoherent smack.

But, as long as I'm here, I'm going to point out that the NFs are back in their private forum dragging their collective messiah complex out yet again. This is so very like them. "Oh boo hoo!" they write, "we are so good at flying into hysterics and we excel at munificent displays of gratuitous sentimentality, but the NTs aren't! Oh how I pity them!" :yes:

Frank

I'm fine with them as long as they don't push their feelings on me.It makes me want to punch them in the eye when they judge me to be a less worthy "soul" because I don't feel everything they do.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I have a number of friends that are feelers -- probably the majority of them. I find they give me a perspective I sometimes lack -- and are just usually pleasant to be around. The only complaint I have is that they tend to assume that because my emotions are not usually visible that they do not exist.

Just yesterday, I was talking to my closest male friend (INFJ). He was asking about my boyfriend. I told him that things were not going well lately and that I was a bit hurt by his (the boyfriend's) recent actions. Somewhere in the conversation, I told my friend that I had teared up earlier in the evening while I was sorting it all out in my mind.

My friend was incredulous. "YOU cried?" As if I am some kind of alien without normal human responses.

"Wow, I didn't realize you really liked him that much." No, I just spend every weekend and occasional weekday evenings with him, talk to him on the phone every day, and have been physically intimate with him, but I don't really like him that much.

Thinkers do actually feel. Honest. Sometimes intensely. We just don't always allow our emotions to impede our decision making. Unfortunately, many feelers do not seem to get that.