User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

some SFs make me crazy, but NFs and I get along very well... I tend to be a source of entertainment for a few of them.
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

Quote Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
    Really? The one closest to me is so caught up in empathizing,body language, and who is feeling what, I'm not sure she notices much else. She is NF tho.
    I have encountered people like this as well and would dare to say this is a trait of unhealthy NFs.

<3 NFs. My ENFPs and I have amazing debates because we share a lot of ideas, values, etc. but for completely opposite reasons. So tracing back how we got to a certain point is a fascinating exercise of which we never tire.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Yeap.
    I am pretty sure that this is true in almost all cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    Sometimes I think Feelers appreciate the small things in life more than me.
    You guys confuse F with E

I mean, most people appreciate the small things in life more than introverted rational conceptualists (intj\intps) that's not really a property of F
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    You guys confuse F with E

I mean, most people appreciate the small things in life more than introverted rational conceptualists (intj\intps) that's not really a property of F
    Eh, I would agree with them. That's a giant philosophical diff I've noticed between myself and my ENFP friends. I notice details and use them for analysis. They notice details and are like, "Isn't life great?!"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    Eh, I would agree with them. That's a giant philosophical diff I've noticed between myself and my ENFP friends. I notice details and use them for analysis. They notice details and are like, "Isn't life great?!"
    Dunno, I see the bright\humorous side of pretty much everything. And contrary to most of the feelers I know I don't have thunderous moods\get all negative at times.
    Yet I don't have a micro ounce of Fi inside of me.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

Dunno, I see the bright\humorous side of pretty much everything. And contrary to most of the feelers I know I don't have thunderous moods\get all negative at times.
    Yet I don't have a micro ounce of Fi inside of me.
    Right, I don't disagree with that statement.

Trite example:
    Someone said something about the flowers on my ENFP friend's coffee table. And I mentioned that some flowers have ultraviolet markings that serve as landing pads for pollinators. The ENFP was like, "Yeah, but that doesn't really add or deduce anything from the beauty of the flower." I disagreed. I think knowing the complexity behind something adds to its value, while ENFPs, in my experience, tend to see something's value as more intrinsic, especially when you get to really abstract concepts like beauty and truth.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Right, I don't disagree with that statement.

Trite example:
    Someone said something about the flowers on my ENFP friend's coffee table. And I mentioned that some flowers have ultraviolet markings that serve as landing pads for pollinators. The ENFP was like, "Yeah, but that doesn't really add or deduce anything from the beauty of the flower." I disagreed. I think knowing the complexity behind something adds to its value, while ENFPs, in my experience, tend to see something's value as more intrinsic, especially when you get to really abstract concepts like beauty and truth.
    truth is a stupid concept if u ask me. It tells us more about our evolution than about the universe. But that's off topic
    And I agree with both statements as far as multiples views are concerned. But if you go for a relativistic view (meaning everything is connected) then the\this enfp in this case just misses the beauty of all the connections, structures, superstructures one can draw out of the associations between sciences, human objectification, how this fit more general patterns in biology, the creation of structures in the universe's history and so on and ...

Unability to connect and understand both views is just related to someone own mental limitation, so the nf was just being intellectually lazy or shortsighted here.
    That's not beauty, that's bliss. As in ignorance is bliss.

It's like loving somebody while ignoring all of their lives and points of view
    That's using only one's right brain to judge a thing instead of using both.

That's confusing laudable and laughable

... In theory.

truth is a stupid concept if u ask me. It tells us more about our evolution than about the universe. But that's off topic
    And I agree with both statements as far as multiples views are concerned. But if you go for a relativistic view (meaning everything is connected) then the\this enfp in this case just misses the beauty of all the connections, structures, superstructures one can draw out of the associations between sciences, human objectification, how this fit more general patterns in biology, the creation of structures in the universe's history and so on and ...

Unability to connect and understand both views is just related to someone own mental limitation, so the nf was just being intellectually lazy or shortsighted here.
    That's not beauty, that's bliss. As in ignorance is bliss.

It's like loving somebody while ignoring all of their lives and points of view
    That's using only one's right brain to judge a thing instead of using both.

That's confusing laudable and laughable
    But it gets billed as "enjoying" life, when such mental shortcuts are taken. Which is silly, because what I enjoy about life is the analysis.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

But it gets billed as "enjoying" life, when such mental shortcuts are taken. Which is silly, because what I enjoy about life is the analysis.
    well of course, behavioristic reinforcement is partially linked with the pleasure centers, and pleasure is rooted in things that help us survive, so, in general terms eating, having sex and problem solving.
    When i say problem solving I mean whatever gives us the means to get ressources (as evolution is all about differencial access to ressources).

But then metacognition comes in, and we draw pleasure from concepts. This ability to conceptualise is directly related to our success as a species (let's not get into defining success ).

where was i?
    Yeah so anyway, it then all depends on how horizontal or vertical your prefered neural\information pathways are. [right\left cortex chatter via corpus callosum in relation to each brain's vertical cortex\limbic ]
    I'm simplifying as always, it's about ratios and the order of passage of informations etc...but I lack information and I'm too lazy to go on

... In theory.