User Tag List

First 12345 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I think that their illogical inductive inferences of where emotion HAS to be (because they process by this primarily, oftentimes this is the ONLY process) are so overactive at times, that they miss the real simplicity of many things (this is best demostrated by watching an NF with their beloved pet, if they are a pet owner.) However, this makes their understanding of people to be biased IMO. Feelers overinfer the existance and prevalence of emotion thusly they overinfer the signifigance of emotion.

Banned

^ Amen!

The assumptions that get made regarding other people's thoughts, motivations, and beliefs are truly mind boggling at times. I know that a purely rational existence is not only impossible, but would be quite awful. The feeling thing, however, looks a lot worse. Feelers have a great deal to offer when it comes to appreciating the things in life that pique our senses or are enriched by an emotional dimension, but I find them really painful to be around when it comes time to buckle down and take care of things. That constant feeling that one must be on guard leaves me wanting to avoid them almost entirely. I don't necessarily dislike them, I just cant'...and don't have any desire to... figure them out.

Very strong or unhealthy feelers are just plain scary. They "look" like crazy people to me. They can say and do things that are just absolutely vicious, but they do it with a smile on their faces and claim to be joking or start bawling when they're called on it. That perplexes me to no end. Balanced feelers that are well-adjusted are a lot of fun however.

MBTI
    ENTP

Immature people with intense Fe I usually have a hard time getting along with, because a lot of them think I'm a douchebag (as one put it, after I literally did nothing). Mature ones are cool though, never had an issue.

People with high Fi I can generally get along with fine, probably because I have a very high Fi myself.

The one thing that I do with intense feelers or immature feelers, is to start arguments with them as little as possible. I can't stand trying to argue against somebody's morals with logic, it never works and just ends up pissing me off. Usually it consists of them talking over me by yelling random arguments that make no sense, while I stand there annoyed.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    The one thing that I do with intense feelers or immature feelers, is to start arguments with them as little as possible. I can't stand trying to argue against somebody's morals with logic, it never works and just ends up pissing me off. Usually it consists of them talking over me by yelling random arguments that make no sense, while I stand there annoyed.
    A recent conversation with my ESFP sister:

Me: [stubbed my toe] Goddammit!
    Her: You shouldn't say that...
    Me: Why not?
    Her: Because you just shouldn't.
    Me: You haven't given me a reason.
    Her: Just don't. You don't know what will happen.
    Me: What do you mean "what will happen?" Do you mean to say that something bad will happen to me if I say it? That God will punish me?
    Her: I'm just saying that you don't know in what ways God may be protecting you. So don't say it.
    Me: So God will punish me by ceasing to protect me if I say "goddammit?"
    Her: No, not punishing, just removing protection. God doesn't punish people like that.
    Me: But that *is* a form of punishment. Do not parents often punish their children by removing their privileges?
    Her: I know what you're doing. You just want to be rebellious. What have you ever suffered at the hands of Christians to make you so bitter?
    Me: Huh? What does that have to do with the conversation?
    Her: Because you just think that you're so smart and that you know everything. You don't know everything, so you shouldn't take risks by taking His name in vain. You're just being a pseudo-intellectual.
    Me: I quit.
    Her: That's because you have no point [insert exasperated half-laugh].

I don't think that this is necessarily typical of all Feelers, but it's what annoys me most about the ones that I've encountered. Also the constant vigilance that you need to practice in order not to hurt their feelings is annoying. Even with the healthy ones, their powers of interpretation tend to work on overdrive when it comes to discerning whether or not something said or done was meant as a personal insult.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I respect and enjoy mature feelers, but I usually can't stand the immature ones!

My sister (ESFJ) is very intruigued by my intellect and being and is extremely curious. She always tries to go through great lengths to try and understand me, but as she asks me questions for clarification, she usually only gets more confused. But she holds a lot of respect for me.

Me and my sister got a very healthy relationship despite out opposite MBTI types.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    entp

its a roller coaster for them to be in a relationship with us NT types

but then they think less and act more leading me to believe that they 'live' every moment to to fullest...especially NFs, i like 'em

MBTI
    ENTP

It's not that I don't like and respect F, it's just that it can be heaped on me when my inner resources are low. Exhausting.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Sometimes I think Feelers appreciate the small things in life more than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    Sometimes I think Feelers appreciate the small things in life more than me.
    Yeap.
    I am pretty sure that this is true in almost all cases.

MBTI
    ENTP

Really? The one closest to me is so caught up in empathizing,body language, and who is feeling what, I'm not sure she notices much else. She is NF tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.