User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
    Thinkers do actually feel. Honest. Sometimes intensely. We just don't always allow our emotions to impede our decision making. Unfortunately, many feelers do not seem to get that.
    Good gravy--this is so very true!

In the aftermath of my break-up with my partner (he is ESFJ), he said, "I had no idea that you were so passionate! That you had such intense feelings!"

Yeah and about to add "violent" to the mix. I could have hit him, I was so angry. Together for over 20 years and you didn't know?!

But I realized that he didn't think my feelings were real or rather, that I was experiencing them, because I seldom factored them into the decision making process and to him that just invalidates having them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Very simple:What do you trully think about feelers ?

I am aware they exist. I am glad of it.
    It's such a wide category that I'm having trouble with any sweeping generalizations.

I appreciate that there are people who are in tune with, and can manipulate, and also express emotions better than I. Until people evolve into unemotional machines this will be a very important area to have experts, right?

Although, I get tired of trying to explain to some that I am a "rational" type, and it ain't ever gonna change...
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

It's easier to relate to Fi-dom or aux, than Fe-dom or aux although ENFJs are pretty easy to get along with.

MBTI
    ENTP

I think they are irrational, and it annoys me.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I sometimes imagine that people whose feeling is a dominant function experience things more richly but I'd really not want to trade for that, I also think they are the most apt to be in crisis, exhibit overwhelmed states and require outside assistance to regulate their mood, whether they are I or E dominant.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
    Thinkers do actually feel. Honest. Sometimes intensely. We just don't always allow our emotions to impede our decision making. Unfortunately, many feelers do not seem to get that.
    Right. This is why I love my ENFJ. He knows this. He says he can see the machinery in my brain through my eyes (he probably can) and understands my processing. On the other side of the coin as an F and a mature one, he knows what I feel when I can't verbalize it. Which is so fucking hard to do sometimes. When we say we don't know what we feel sometimes we really don't know. The F's can facilitate that. Not all, some are downright obnoxious with the emotion and that I can't tolerate for long.

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    They're huggable.

Very huggable.
    Yes. Very. There is nothing better after a long day then being wrapped in the arms of my ENFJ and hugging right back.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Right. This is why I love my ENFJ. He knows this. He says he can see the machinery in my brain through my eyes (he probably can) and understands my processing. On the other side of the coin as an F and a mature one, he knows what I feel when I can't verbalize it. Which is so fucking hard to do sometimes. When we say we don't know what we feel sometimes we really don't know. The F's can facilitate that. Not all, some are downright obnoxious with the emotion and that I can't tolerate for long.

Yes. Very. There is nothing better after a long day then being wrapped in the arms of my ENFJ and hugging right back.
    I was talking about an ENFJ too!
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Very simple:What do you trully think about feelers ?

All areas of life are included into this question/thread. I know that Fs are very wide group of people and that there are healthy ones and unhealthy ones.
    So people/NTs are free to take this question in way that they relate it to their expriances with Fs and what they find good and what they find bad about them.

I suggest to Fs to take this thread as useful information instead and not as a hostile gesture.
    I knew an NF rather well. My experiences suggest that they're more trouble than they're worth.

MBTI
    entj
    Enneagram

I love them! its fun to see what they think and what they will do next. Especially my ENFP friend!

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I sometimes imagine that people whose feeling is a dominant function experience things more richly but I'd really not want to trade for that, I also think they are the most apt to be in crisis, exhibit overwhelmed states and require outside assistance to regulate their mood, whether they are I or E dominant.
    QFT. ESFJs, in my experience, tend to turn even minor delays/setbacks into these huge emotional doom & gloom catastrophes.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg