User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do you Develop Extroverted Intuition

Systematic chaos Array Cenomite's Avatar

I don't really think functions can be developed. You are who you are to a certain extent.

I doubt anyone can learn mental processes which are instinctual and automatic. I'd love some Se so I'd stop walking into poles, but it's not gonna happen.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

Senior Member Array Winds of Thor's Avatar
    3w4 sx/so

Break something and physically work through putting it back together, reassembling it by physical learning, trial and error, process of elimination.

Make a mistake on purpose and deal with the outcome in a social setting, working it out with another person, bumping ideas off them to sort through to an answer which makes sense.

"..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Sure, but to give to let an intp out in the world with the advice "develop your Ne" wont help him at all either. I know I didnt find the right words to tell him what to do, but thats basically because I dont know him. Therefore I could only say: never say "develop your Ne", cause then people will think you are a freak
    Yeah, but you develop conscious functions by using them.
    And different activities require uses of different functions. (Sure, some are more open-ended than others, like surfing the internet, but that doesn't mean they all are. Kind of like... solving a physics problem requires a strong degree of analytical thinking.)

And since everyone is different, everyone develops lesser functions in a different way.
    Asking a question like the OP may not be very helpful to you, but for those with a dominant Ti, sorting these activities through function analysis helps confirm their importance by backing them with reasoning.

Personally. Going through the day thinking things like, "today I'm going to develop Ne!" has definitely helped make me less of a social freak.

Wolfy started a thread here referencing to Dario Nardi's book. There is a quick quiz at the beginning of each chapter on functions. You can determine how developed the function is. From that it gives tips on how to develop the function from that point. I have heard nothing but good things about the book, but I have not been able to find it locally and do not want to pay the shipping charges.

2w1 sx/so

You let your mind lose! Get in touch w/feelings, experiences, present and past thoughts, and just let your mind go where it will.