User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    That's more Se. Ne is less active, is mostly contemplating on the opportunities that and the possible scenarios that would arise if you did take advantage of them - or so I understand, at least.
    I should say...

Ne is taking advantage of your curiosity, rather than mulling ideas over and over inside your head and never really going anywhere with it. I think the whole contemplation-loop thing is what keeps INTPs from really participating in life, so if any of this "develop my functions" malarky has weight to it, it's to do that.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Are you trying to develop Ne?
    Or just develop relationships?

The latter I could give a few simple suggestions on
    the former you're on your own.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Go surf wikipedia.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Go surf wikipedia.
    lol! yea.
    My ENFP roommate searches wiki and youtube and watches the news all day.

MBTI
    ENFP

Good question - I mean how to actually develop it. I just sort of naturally interpret and find meanings to everything I see and hear (and bump into a lot of furniture at the same time). Sometimes I wish I had a slighly better sensing function to help me live and cope in a practical way.

I'm not sure how extroverted intuition could be developed though. Rehearse interpreting and finding the hidden meanings behind everything you see?

Maybe one way would be to learn more about body language. Developing this type of Ne would definitely help with relationships.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Well, as an INTP it should come naturally to you. Just extravert more. Talk more, do random stuff, basically lessen your inhibitions on doing things. Think less, act more.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I think you shouldnt think about such things. If you typed intp your perception style is already connecting dots between things + extroverted, meaning taking in a variety of seemingly unrelated topics.

Dont concern yourself with such things, its stupid and wont help you but make you a freak.

Try and focus on what you miss in life. Like for example: "I want people to think of me that I am humourus." Then go in the world and try out different humor. Watch how they receive it and learn from the experience. Experiment, ask people and find out what you miss.

But dont start with things like "developing your Ne" that will just bring you straight to the asylum
    Ha, amusing that your answer to the dude here seems to be "use your Ne"

Lemme see:

- go out into the world
    - try different stuff out and see how it goes
    - get feedback from around you to figure out how it went
    - try again with an adapted version

Yeah that seems to be what you're recommending. Sounds like Ne to me!

Re. learning smalltalk - it seems screamingly obvious to me that before an INTP can "learn smalltalk" they've got to first internalize the value of smalltalk, stop seeing it as a necessary evil or shallow/stupid or whatever they typically do see it as. Open your mind to the possibility of it being a vehicle to pick up on things about a person, to learn their general MO and get an impression of them without having to risk going into personal areas or boring each other with pet subjects, thereby enabling you to go into deeper conversation another time, with less chance of causing offence and a better idea of how to communicate with that person. And they also, thereby, have a better idea how to deal with you too.

The more you give them, the more they give back, the more you can give etc etc... but if you sit there like a wall with a face while they futilely search for something that will get you talking and you silently opine to yourself that they're shallow and pointless because they're trying to engage you in smalltalk, then you're not giving them the feedback they need and nor are you going to get the feedback you need.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

to you yes, but to him it could sound different. And to Qre:us it surely sounds different aswell. And thats the point. You cant develop Ne, just live your life
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    to you yes, but to him it could sound different. And to Qre:us it surely sounds different aswell. And thats the point. You cant develop Ne, just live your life
    And just living your life might mean those things to you, but it sure doesn't to everyone... ask a typical INTP what living their life means and it's like "well, sitting in my room reading books, going online, hanging out with one or two friends now and again, reading some more books, occasionally having to visit my parents, going online at their house while everyone else is talking and catching up..."

Well, there's nothing wrong with that at all, but it won't pimp up your Ne
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Sure, but to give to let an intp out in the world with the advice "develop your Ne" wont help him at all either. I know I didnt find the right words to tell him what to do, but thats basically because I dont know him. Therefore I could only say: never say "develop your Ne", cause then people will think you are a freak
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]