User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Spotting An NT

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Spotting An NT

I don't have any experience with NT's. I have only ever met one in my lifetime, and she was my Algebra teacher. So how do you go about spotting NT's just out of the hallways (I am still in school) or, well, anywhere?

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Well one way is to look at the eyes. I've been accused of having an intense of judging (the latter especially) stare. Another indicator (in my case at least) is to go into a large store, and look for someone who looks like they don't belong in human civilization, well this could work for INTJ's and perhaps even INT's in general, though I doubt it would help with ENT's.
    I - 67%
    N - 62%
    T - 75%
    J - 1%

Quote Originally Posted by Xenofile View Post
    look for someone who looks like they don't belong in human civilization.
    Lol. What a crock.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4

I said it was in my case, and its a description I've heard given to other INTJ's before, though I did edit my comment to say that it was not inclusive of E's, as I have assumed you are based on your posts in the Misunderstanding ENTJ's thread.
    I - 67%
    N - 62%
    T - 75%
    J - 1%

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I think you would have to talk to them to actually spot them. I've spotted a few definite NTs in my Philosophy tutorials, The temperament is quite clear when they express really objective ideas that seem to strive for the big picture. Telling how someone thinks from a distance is rather difficult, but you can probably see the effects of someone being an iNtuitive by watching them walk down the street. I've been studying peoples faces (and walking styles) lately, they seem to be so varied that I've discerned almost nothing as of yet. You've got to remember that intuitives make up ~25% of the population, so NTs are quite rare.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just had to click on this thread to see if you were an enfp with that name! haha and you ARE! how funny...welcome...don't have answers for ya but from the signature gaze thread...it seemed the nts do have a very intense penetrating look in their eyes but who the hell knows.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Either get yourself some industrial camouflage or a pair of thermal-imaging goggles.
    They won't come out of hiding easily but if you can either trick them into thinking you're not there, or can see the enormous lot of heat and light coming from their brain you shouldn't have much trouble.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

i think their usual look is this unemotional detached sort of look, you can see it in their eyes

for me i have to talk to them before i can know, NT is very obvious to spot when you get to conversations
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

You know, I think a peek over at the sensotard moments thread would prove quite useful in helping one figure out what to look for when NT hunting. We're notoriously preoccupied so it's not at all unusual to find us doing any of the multitude of things described in that thread. Almost all of the INTs and ENTs I've known have had a sort of distracted way about them. The Es often say things that are incredibly off-color or offensive and the Is frequently take a bit longer to verbalize their thoughts than other MBTI types. I suspect both groups are doing the same thing though their behavior looks different. In both cases the NT is "trying out" his/her thought. The E just lets it fly out while the I churns it over in silence first.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

i practice type watching at wallmart and can definitively report that NTs are the ones trying to do everything at once but yet somehow are spotted in the same place they were 20 mins ago. They are also the most aware of the people around them, but yet, not really. In the produce sec they will be the ones who are enjoying the shopping experience the most, almost as if they are there again for the very first time.

And what juggernaut said.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?