User Tag List

12311 Last

Default Child's Play - portrait of an NT child

Give your type, and a memory/story or habits and interests of your childhood that, with hindsight, was a clear example of what type you'd grow up to be.

My friends wouldn't play American Girl dolls with me because it'd always devolve into research (which I found a lot more fun, honestly.)

Friend: And then my Kirsten drives away...
    Me: They didn't have cars back then.
    Friend: Yes they did!
    Me: Let's look up when cars were invented...
    *an hour of reading later, friend finally sulks home*

and I'm ENTP

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

There was never any doubt...

On my 8th birthday, my mom got me one of those cabbage patch dolls that everyone else loved so much. I went on a hunger strike until she returned it and bought me the microscope set that I had been begging for.

Around the same age, I gave a detailed presentation of how babies are made to a group of boys who didn't believe me. I backed up my thesis with articles from Good Housekeeping and pictures from Playboy.

When I was 10, I was "grounded for life" for taking apart the piano. I did this to prove to my doubting friend that it was not only a stringed instrument, but also a percussive one.

That was also the year that I became a "mathlete".
    That was also the year I started copywriting my original music with Library of Congress.

At 12, I hated my step father and quickly learned to take the brakes off of his bike. After his accident, he caught me while I was dismantling the breaks from his car.

When I was 15, I had graduated from high school. My mother said I was too young to go to college and that waiting a year or two at home would be the best thing for me. I promptly packed my bags and left while my parents were at work.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    There was never any doubt...

On my 8th birthday, my mom got me one of those cabbage patch dolls that everyone else loved so much. I went on a hunger strike until she returned it and bought me the microscope set that I had been begging for.

Around the same age, I gave a detailed presentation of how babies are made to a group of boys who didn't believe me. I backed up my thesis with articles from Good Housekeeping and pictures from Playboy.

When I was 10, I was "grounded for life" for taking apart the piano. I did this to prove to my doubting friend that it was not only a stringed instrument, but also a percussive one.

That was also the year that I became a "mathlete".
    That was also the year I started copywriting my original music with Library of Congress.

At 12, I hated my step father and quickly learned to take the brakes off of his bike. After his accident, he caught me while I was dismantling the breaks from his car.

When I was 15, I had graduated from high school. My mother said I was too young to go to college and that waiting a year or two at home would be the best thing for me. I promptly packed my bags and left while my parents were at work.
    You're so badass I'd wanna test out your above-mentioned thesis if I was a dude.

EDIT: bolded: wow, thorougly impressed.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    You're so badass I wanna test out your above-mentioned thesis if I was a dude.
    Awwww,

When I was 9, I ate an entire bottle of Flintstone's vitamins to purposely break out in hives, so I could avoid going to Sunday school.

Yeah, I'm an NT.

EDIT: I was avoiding going to Sunday school because I wasn't satisfied with the answer of why God gave Cain the mark on his forehead to protect him from other people, when clearly there were no other people. And if there were other people, they would be his siblings and wouldn't have wanted to kill him.

^

In Grade 5, I made a $5 bet with this boy on the playground that I couldn't jump straight and catch the last of the monkeybars.

I lost. And, subsequently got 10 stitches on my forehead to prove it. Which, I begged the doc to get me a mirror so I could see how stitching is done. Totally cool! And, I got a free popsicle at the end of it for being so 'brave'.

None of that hurt as bad as the gloating of the $5 richer boy.

So......I decided to start pimping my TOTALLY GROSS, DISGUSTING, STUFF FLOWING OUT wound during recess and lunch, for 25 cents a viewing (gauze off). I capitalized on the fact that those who wasted the money would totally hype it up (to not look like an idiot for wasting money), which got me enough customers that by the end of the week, I was triple the amount I lost in the bet.

My operations got shut down, when i didn't let my 5 years old cousin get a free viewing, and he complained to the teachers...which was an awkward call for my parents to receive. To say the least.

* now I carry over 50 stitches on my face (and weirdly enough, nowhere else on my body, and not a single broken bone...).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

My older brother used to piss me off so much, so I would spend an inordinate amount of time designing and building traps for him. Favorite ones included wires suspended at random places, so when he would run, he would trip on them and fall face first in a pool of ink. Also enjoyed loosening the screws on his bedframe, and stuffing his mattress with lobster shells.

I also set my closet on fire (and almost the house) trying to find out if the chemical make up of plastic changes when burned (I burned a plastic teapot set).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

* now I carry over 50 stitches on my face (and weirdly enough, nowhere else on my body, and not a single broken bone...).
    That is CLASSIC! Love it!!!!

I unfortunately have too many broken bones to count. I've broken everything, including my nose - twice. (once from walking into a mirror, no less!!!)

^

In Grade 5, I made a $5 bet with this boy on the playground that I couldn't jump straight and catch the last of the monkeybars.

I lost. And, subsequently got 10 stitches on my forehead to prove it. Which, I begged the doc to get me a mirror so I could see how stitching is done. Totally cool! And, I got a free popsicle at the end of it for being so 'brave'.

None of that hurt as bad as the gloating of the $5 richer boy.

So......I decided to start pimping my TOTALLY GROSS, DISGUSTING, STUFF FLOWING OUT wound during recess and lunch, for 25 cents a viewing (gauze off). I capitalized on the fact that those who wasted the money would totally hype it up (to not look like an idiot for wasting money), which got me enough customers that by the end of the week, I was triple the amount I lost in the bet.

My operations got shut down, when i didn't let my 5 years old cousin get a free viewing, and he complained to the teachers...which was an awkward call for my parents to receive. To say the least.

I made $45 in third grade selling Baby Bottle Pops on the playground because commercials were running for them, generating hype, but only one store in town sold them- and nobody else bothered to figure out which store that was. I was similarly shut down by a whiny next-door neighbor.