• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Child's Play - portrait of an NT child

ring the bell

I'm loving this thread.. very fun!

I grew up in the country and there weren't a lot of kids around. So, I had to make the most of being by myself or playing with my sister. I loved to climb trees and read books or wander around the countryside. I also had some favorite little hidden places that no one would know about. Usually, it was just a place where the tree limbs grew down low. I would climb in and be hidden from everyone, though there wasn't anyone around anyway! If I was stuck inside, I would build forts with blankets and chairs and hide in them. I just always liked to be tucked away somewhere.

I was fascinated with the thought of magic things. I used to, probably around 5 or 6, get as many random things, like crayons, glue, pencil shavings, and mix them all together, thinking I was making some magic potion. If I were left home for too long by myself, there was no telling what would end up in a big bowl. I got in trouble at school for getting a kid to try one of my concoctions. I also got in trouble on the first day of kindergarten for fighting.. a couple of boys, one of which was my cousin, chased me down on the playground and held me down. i bit one of them when he put his hand over my mouth. Of course, he didn't get in trouble but i did for biting! I'm still bitter...

I lived far away from all the other kids and my parents weren't too big on driving us into town for social events. Because of that, I really learned to be alone and I never had a lot of friends. I did get to see my cousins a lot in the summer. We would stay in trouble with prank calling and just being generally disobedient. I read so many books. I stayed in whatever fantasy world I was in at the moment. I would also write a lot of my own stories and poetry, though i never could share any of it with anyone.

Qre:us

I spent a lot of time playing alone, or one-on-one with close friends, very imaginative because of all the alone time I partook in, I also enjoyed reading books that would talk about some issue in society, like depression, or suicide, just because I'd find the knowledge interesting & useful.

Is it wrong to point out now that you're an NF? :cheese:

I was interested in the morbid and the macabre too. Poe is a huge fave of mine. And, I'd read up on different cultural rituals involving death and dying. And, there was this other fascination with serial killers. Albert Fish still my fave, if only for his imagination regarding self-injurious behaviours.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
And, there was this other fascination with serial killers.

Wow, you just made me remember something else. I think I was about 12 - my dad and I saw the whole Jack the Ripper series (British?) together. I don't know what my dad was thinking. I was really fascinated by it.

marmandahalf

Wow, you just made me remember something else. I think I was about 12 - my dad and I saw the whole Jack the Ripper series (British?) together. I don't know what my dad was thinking. I was really fascinated by it.

!!

In fifth grade, I read a book about it and set about to finally solve the mystery of Jack's identity. I soon hit a wall when I realized that there's no physical evidence and it's all based on semi-faulty eyewitness accounts. But still.

Jack must've been an NT, so we identify.

R

Riva

There was never any doubt...

On my 8th birthday, my mom got me one of those cabbage patch dolls that everyone else loved so much. I went on a hunger strike until she returned it and bought me the microscope set that I had been begging for.

Around the same age, I gave a detailed presentation of how babies are made to a group of boys who didn't believe me. I backed up my thesis with articles from Good Housekeeping and pictures from Playboy.

When I was 10, I was "grounded for life" for taking apart the piano. I did this to prove to my doubting friend that it was not only a stringed instrument, but also a percussive one.

That was also the year that I became a "mathlete".
That was also the year I started copywriting my original music with Library of Congress.

At 12, I hated my step father and quickly learned to take the brakes off of his bike. After his accident, he caught me while I was dismantling the breaks from his car.

When I was 15, I had graduated from high school. My mother said I was too young to go to college and that waiting a year or two at home would be the best thing for me. I promptly packed my bags and left while my parents were at work.

cool, that's what you are.:nice:

ps - did you also invent/make the Frankenstein Monster?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm still obsessed with serial killers. And people who specialize in controlling minds, like Charles Manson. I minored in forensic science in my undergrad because that stuff is so damn interesting to me. Didn't know that was an NT thing...

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
)
cool, that's what you are.:nice:

ps - did you also invent/make the Frankenstein Monster?

I tried to bring dead birds back to life using electrical currents, but it never worked. I had been inspired by Sergei S. Bryukhonenko. (fact or fiction???)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSrIkUXwsNk&feature=player_embedded"]dog head[/YOUTUBE]

And people who specialize in controlling minds, like Charles Manson. I minored in forensic science in my undergrad because that stuff is so damn interesting to me. Didn't know that was an NT thing...

Ah yes, cult leaders....another fascination.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm still obsessed with serial killers. And people who specialize in controlling minds, like Charles Manson. I minored in forensic science in my undergrad because that stuff is so damn interesting to me. Didn't know that was an NT thing...

But of course it is! The difference between a cult leader and the commander of a robot army is a fuzzy line at best. One just requires more technological expertise, and we all know the desire for a robot army is an NT dream.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
a robot army... do you know what I would do with a robot army? I have spent so much of my life getting prepared for that moment.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
a robot army... do you know what I would do with a robot army? I have spent so much of my life getting prepared for that moment.

Well, obviously the first thing I'd do is supplant myself as ruler of the free world. Though I may just start my own country first and practice my fearmongering and evil cackle on the indigenous folk before moving on to bigger fish.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, obviously the first thing I'd do is supplant myself as ruler of the free world. Though I may just start my own country first and practice my fearmongering and evil cackle on the indigenous folk before moving on to bigger fish.

My goodness, you are quite the little INTP... I love how you would test and practice first. I would just break out the big guns - the world will know me when they see the big explosion. I would roam the earth collecting people for experiments. But for the most part, people would live and love in relative freedom as long as my core laws were respected.

I would also immediately have a fleet of my storm troopers as specialized "concubines" trained in the art of pleasing me and my every whim.

Hahaha, Jock: ruler of the "free" world?

First and foremost, I'd employ them to annihilate all dictatorial political leaders (including the leaders of rebel groups). Utilize them for solidifying communities in poor nations (such as better water and irrigation systems, more fruitful agriculture, improvements to sewage system, that sorta thing). Then, I'd figure out a way to make them a source of sustainable energy source. Then, I might use them to capture all the hot celebs and such that I have a crush on, to bring them to me as my love slaves.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
First and foremost, I'd employ them to annihilate all dictatorial political leaders (including the leaders of rebel groups). Utilize them for solidifying communities in poor nations (such as better water and irrigation systems, more fruitful agriculture, improvements to sewage system, that sorta thing). Then, I'd figure out a way to make them a source of sustainable energy source. Then, I might use them to capture all the hot celebs and such that I have a crush on, to bring them to me as my love slaves.

That's perfect - GW Bush on a hamster wheel? :rofl1:

EDIT: did you notice how we both put our sexual demands at the top of the list?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I would also immediately have a fleet of my storm troopers as specialized "concubines" trained in the art of pleasing me and my every whim.

Hahaha, Jock: ruler of the "free" world?

See, this functionality would already be part of the robot army's programming and design. You have less chance for personal jealousy, and to be honest, I hate redundancies so why have 2 separate entities for performing different tasks? Plus I wouldn't have to worry about diseases, upkeeping nutrition to OSHA standards, etc. It's really the best way to go.

That's perfect - GW Bush on a hamster wheel? :rofl1:

No silly, he's this one (obviously):
Then, I might use them to capture all the hot celebs and such that I have a crush on, to bring them to me as my love slaves.

Rwwr. :devil:

EDIT: did you notice how we both put our sexual demands at the top of the list?

Haha, I was *just* gonna comment on that. ENTPs....we get around so you don't have to. (kid, I'm :jesus:)

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I hate redundancies so why have 2 separate entities for performing different tasks?

I concur - quite silly (and greedy) of me. And yeah, to hell with OSHA.

I'm brimming with excitement, I wish I could just make this happen already... ah well, back to zapping dead birds...

Hawker45

Being an isfj, it's strange how i can relate to a lot of this. Reading everything in sight including phone books, labels, dictionarys. Climbing trees (i still do this now), just for a challenge and then sit up a high as i could and think for an hour or two. Animal watching. Throwing my 17 year old cat off the balcony to see if it landed on its feet - it did, however he limped for the rest of his life. Asking too many questions in school. Arguing with the teacher almost constantly until my peers told me to shut up....