User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    My older brother used to piss me off so much, so I would spend an inordinate amount of time designing and building traps for him. Favorite ones included wires suspended at random places, so when he would run, he would trip on them and fall face first in a pool of ink. Also enjoyed loosening the screws on his bedframe, and stuffing his mattress with lobster shells.

I also set my closet on fire (and almost the house) trying to find out if the chemical make up of plastic changes when burned (I burned a plastic teapot set).
    My little sister was bothering me, so I set up a video camera, convinced her that she was on TV, and locked her in her room from the inside, then crawled out the (very high) window. She couldn't scream or freak out or anything because, duh, she was being broadcast, and *that* would've been embarrassing. My parents figured out she was missing a few hours later, but she couldn't unlock the door (she was 3), so they had to call a locksmith to remove the doorknob. I got in huge trouble, because they didn't see my need to read uninterrupted as a valid excuse for a $60 locksmith bill.

Now that I type this out, is this particularly NT, or just evil?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I love your stories, you guys! NTs, ftw!!!!!

In 5th grade, I went door to door pretending to be a girl scout, lugging a big suitcase of my mother's books for sale so I could afford to go to space camp. When that didn't work, I convinced my best friend to cut off all her hair so we could sell it to a beauty salon. Needless to say, I got in a lot of trouble and never went to space camp (my biggest regret to date).

- Elementary school (can't remember age, prolly 10), I rearranged this crokety old neighbourhood lady's front lawn decorations, especially her gnomes and fairies (and she had this one baby cherub [?] that peed as a fountain)...to put on an XXX show. She had yelled at me for running on her lawn.

- I used to love climbing trees as a kid, and, there was this one that was my favourite, where I would climb up, and with mayo packages, let a dollop drop on the head of pedestrians walking below. Their reactions for what they thought happened were hilarious. That tree was sadly cut down because, again, of me.

- I had tried, and was succesful in selling my little cousin for this game I can't even remember now.

- Many stories of me making housemade bombs, and seeing how combining fireworks would look.

- Once, around age 7, I did a self-inquiry type project on different animal dung and why they differed (hypothesis: bigger animal, always equals bigger dung size?) Whereby, I collected different animal dung (very accessible when I went to visit my grandma who lives in the country - goat, duck, cow, etc). My teacher was not pleased when I brought that presentation to school (bless my INFP mama for indulging me, might I add!)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Ladies, let's just cut to the chase... We can seriously make our own babies and start our own tribe. Come on!!!!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    - Many stories of me making housemade bombs, and seeing how combining fireworks would look.
    Don't even get me started on the bomb making... I can't believe how many hours I spent in the library doing bomb research in elementary school. I think I'm in love with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Ladies, let's just cut to the chase... We can seriously make our own babies and start our own tribe. Come on!!!!
    Word. Though, I'm wondering, where are the little INTP, INTJ and ENTJ kiddies?

HELLOOOO?????

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't think that anything about my childhood would've given any clues about who I'd grow up to be, except to maybe a world class psychiatrist...

As a kid I seemed like a dead ringer for a pretty strong introvert, for starters.

I guess my invention of snakeboard basketball in my teens and the coopting of enough people into playing it, as well as my continuing to play it despite injuries... might've been a small clue.

I do have a feeling I relate to the money making schemes and disregard for generally accepted protocols... but since in fact I don't relate to much about my life before about 7 years ago (it literally feels like watching a movie of someone else's life), I can't really remember any specific examples...

Oh, except that when I got kicked out of home when I was uh, 15 I think or maybe 16, and found that the person who'd said I could live with them (which prompted my lack of caution in standing my ground with parents who had already threatened) had lied, rather than go back home and beg, I just went and lived in the woods. Built my own bivouac and lived there for almost a year, very happily TYVM. Passed the time by building contraptions to make the daily grind of finding and cooking food easier. When I was alone that is, since I often wasn't - come on, if you were a teen and had a friend living in the woods, wouldn't you go and visit them at every opportunity to chill and hang out away from parents and the law, and take them burgers and cans of beer? Had a good thing going there...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh yeah, and your door to door thing jenocyde, reminds me of when I used to go door to door offering to wash people's cars, targeting the rich neighbourhoods, naturally. After a while I figured they'd give more if they thought it was for charity, so I'd send off for sponsorship forms and official cans and stuff from a popular charity and go round rattling them, then just keep the money for myself and return the forms saying I didn't end up doing the event, or didn't make anything.

People tut at me for that, but whilst I'm not proud of it - I'm not ashamed either. I was just surviving; my parents were criminally negligent and I had to eat somehow. And feed my little sisters.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I read nearly the entire encyclopedia, in random order. Just flip to a page and start reading.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Oh, except that when I got kicked out of home when I was uh, 15 I think or maybe 16, and found that the person who'd said I could live with them (which prompted my lack of caution in standing my ground with parents who had already threatened), rather than go back home and beg, I just went and lived in the woods. Built my own bivouac and lived there for almost a year, very happily TYVM. Passed the time by building contraptions to make the daily grind of finding and cooking food easier. When I was alone that is, since I often wasn't - come on, if you were a teen and had a friend living in the woods, wouldn't you go and visit them at every opportunity to chill and hang out away from parents and the law, and take them burgers and cans of beer? Had a good thing going there...
    BADASS!!!

I also had a home away from home in a bomb shelter that I found behind the high school. I pimped it out and had homemade alarms set up. Man, is this only an ENTP thing????

I tried to motorize my rollerskates by using the parts from my parent's brand new VCR and the blender. It would have worked if I had just had more time before getting busted... damn parents!

(And the dictionary was my favorite book. I'm a nerd)