First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    There was never any doubt...

On my 8th birthday, my mom got me one of those cabbage patch dolls that everyone else loved so much. I went on a hunger strike until she returned it and bought me the microscope set that I had been begging for.

Around the same age, I gave a detailed presentation of how babies are made to a group of boys who didn't believe me. I backed up my thesis with articles from Good Housekeeping and pictures from Playboy.

When I was 10, I was "grounded for life" for taking apart the piano. I did this to prove to my doubting friend that it was not only a stringed instrument, but also a percussive one.

That was also the year that I became a "mathlete".
    That was also the year I started copywriting my original music with Library of Congress.

At 12, I hated my step father and quickly learned to take the brakes off of his bike. After his accident, he caught me while I was dismantling the breaks from his car.

When I was 15, I had graduated from high school. My mother said I was too young to go to college and that waiting a year or two at home would be the best thing for me. I promptly packed my bags and left while my parents were at work.
    You are magnificent!
    INtP...RCUEI primary I...5w4...INTp... ILI...The Artist Formerly Known As Car!ssa

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Carissa View Post
    You are magnificent!
    Wow, thanks babe. I'm surprised by all this reaction because my life feels so normal, since I have nothing to compare it to...

Wow, thanks babe. I'm surprised by all this reaction because my life feels so normal, since I have nothing to compare it to...
    You're one of the cool kids on this playground, for sure.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    You're one of the cool kids on this playground, for sure.
    We're all bad ass, for damn sure!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Because You are the NT RULER! Normal is not a turn-on, normal makes me wonder what's wrong, normal smells ! You are badass!!!! Muahhhh!
    INtP...RCUEI primary I...5w4...INTp... ILI...The Artist Formerly Known As Car!ssa

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I was 5 when I first started using a computer.

Apparently, in kindergarten, I didn't talk to anyone at lunch. If someone tried to strike up conversation, I just stared at them until they walked away. I was told this 18 years later, by someone who knew me SOLELY because of that. Also, that continued to be a trend of mine until half way through college.

When drawing, there were several occasions that I started while in a room full of people, and when I looked up, everyone was gone and an hour had passed.

My first best friend and I played by creating word puzzles.

I tried to saw my nose off with the metal part of a ruler. When my mother told me that I was dark because of spending time outside, I replied that it was actually because of the amount of chocolate cookies I ate. I rationalized that I spent more time eating cookies than being outside.

At 10, someone gave me a bunch of Magic cards during Latchkey. After gauging the gullibility of other kids, I promptly started charging them $1 to play a game with me. Unfortunately, my mom came in and put an end to it. I, of course, argued that the money was well-earned, as I provided a service that would otherwise be unavailable to them.

At some point, I realized that immense knowledge of mathematics, as well as enough physical ability to perform a task, could allow a person to any task perfectly. Having come to this conclusion, I stopped caring about math. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't. I could be a video game developer right now.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Nothing too out of the ordinary, as far as NTs go...

I didn't really like playing with other kids. In preschool/elementary school, everyone wanted to "play house" - either with each kid fulfilling different roles in the family, or with all of us playing with a giant dollhouse. I thought it was stupid. "You already live in a house. You don't have to pretend. This is dumb." (I refused to play. Petulant child.)

I loved reading and read throughout recess and free periods. Our classes were divided - "learning" readers and "advanced" readers. I was beyond both of them, so I got to sit in a corner on a beanbag and read by myself. I was overjoyed.

I was a big fan of computers, even when I was very young. Magic School Bus software, Oregon Trail, etc. That was my form of 'play', and I loved it.

I hated - *hated* - being controlled, even as a little kid. We were told to journal, which I did - and enjoyed - but we were to write on each page in sequential order, as was the norm. For whatever reason, that felt stifling to me. So I wrote on random pages. This was fine until I was told to read one of my entries to the class. "Uh... let me find it..."

I was a little gymnast, so when I was bored I would practice at home. One evening someone put on a Winnie the Pooh tape in the basement and told me to watch it. I liked the solace of the basement, but there was a camera down there, so my stepmother could surveil my siblings and I. I hated the camera. Anyway, I was practicing my gymnastics on the couch (bad idea, in retrospect) when I did a flip, flew off and smacked my head on the corner of our coffee table. My immediate concern wasn't my injury (I was bleeding everywhere), but the load of shit I would be in. Between sobs I looked for the camera's blind spot and hid in it.

I was very imaginative and loved fantasy. At one point I convinced my friends that we were actually the Sailor Scouts. I was Sailor Moon, but regretted that when I realized that she was a bit slow and forever relied upon her friends. I would create these fantasy scenarios pretty frequently.

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll think of more.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by Apsaras View Post
    I didn't really like playing with other kids. In preschool/elementary school, everyone wanted to "play house" - either with each kid fulfilling different roles in the family, or with all of us playing with a giant dollhouse. I thought it was stupid. "You already live in a house. You don't have to pretend. This is dumb." (I refused to play. Petulant child.)

I loved reading and read throughout recess and free periods. Our classes were divided - "learning" readers and "advanced" readers. I was beyond both of them, so I got to sit in a corner on a beanbag and read by myself. I was overjoyed.

I was a big fan of computers, even when I was very young. Magic School Bus software, Oregon Trail, etc. That was my form of 'play', and I loved it.

I hated - *hated* - being controlled, even as a little kid. We were told to journal, which I did - and enjoyed - but we were to write on each page in sequential order, as was the norm. For whatever reason, that felt stifling to me. So I wrote on random pages. This was fine until I was told to read one of my entries to the class. "Uh... let me find it..."
    Dude, I could've written this. I actually checked to see that it wasn't, in fact, me, late last night.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

When I was a young child I cut out clothes for stuffed animals in the house..My mom said they fit perfectly.

I took apart my Dad's camera..which he got angry about. I wanted to see how it worked.

One time at Thanksgiving with some relatives I noticed a broken tape recorder.. I fashioned a piece of aluminum to cross a circuit for the tape recorder to work..The power switch was faulty.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'