• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Child's Play - portrait of an NT child

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
When I was very young (preschool), I wouldn't play with other children. I'd just stand there watching them.

First grade was boring me to death, so they put me in fourth grade instead.

They sent me back to second grade the next year for no reason at all. When I complained about this, the principal and teacher told me that "Jesus was a carpenter." If I had to pick the point when I developed contempt for stupidity, this would be it.

While in second grade, I started getting bullied. My methods of retaliation got me more detention than the bullies. I talked one into sticking a knife into a wall socket, and also [censored -- not sure if the statute of limitations has run out on this one yet].

In fourth grade (the second time) I started taking top prize in science fairs, all the way up to regional and state.

Never had a little over-active guy constantly beating you on the head ? :D

I always had two or three intelligent thugs, who won science fairs, doing my bidding :D

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
This is freaking amazing .. I am just gutted i didn't have an NT friend as a child.

You lot rock .. lol. :rock:

I thought i was pretty daring as a kid but you put me to shame.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
In grade 4, I was supposed to build a crane. Ended up building something crazy (don’t remember what) that exemplified a crane, levers, simple machines and whatever else so much that the teacher had me present it to grade 6-8. made my mom proud

As I kid, I used to play with GI Joes…after a while they got so boring, I started making cliffs that my Joe could rappel down and places that he could go blow up and stuff…ended up with an entire city that ended up being burnt down with camphor….good times

In kindergarten, I actually remember this, I tore up the notebook to roll up cigarettes and walked around the classroom with a swag that would put l’il wayne to to shame…pretty soon everyone else was too…guess where they got their cigs

At 17, I convinced my gym teacher for a class trip to mcdonalds

At 7, I taught my brother (2 or 3?) to walk cuz the walker thingie was taking too long and I wanted someone to play with cuz my only friends were older people but being the youngest of the group I got picked on

In grade 8, I drew an entire paramecium, labeled and all, on the class blackboard from memory.

By grade 5, I could knew exactly what the human heart looked like, wall-by-wall, valve-by-valve…bookish knowledge…I think I had some experiments planned but me being here is the proof they never went into action…I could draw it…perfect shape and everything...in like 3 minutes

I never got to buy candy at the store…but I was never refused books and games with electromagnetism and all that physics crap as the basic principle

I never went to chemistry in grade 12…im still trying to figure out why my teacher didn’t mark me down as absent for at least half the classes.
my dumbass had to figure out how to do ICE tables on the final exam …ice tables is a method to figure out ratios and concentrations of products based on an initial values of reactants...i think....havent done chem in years

One time, at like 5 in the morning, we took all the ‘for sale’ signs from houses on sale and put them on the wrong houses…same night almost lit an entire section of the woods on fire…forget what happened but luckily flames were out before any considerable damage was done

I was a very hyper kid and I got beat a lot. I got into accidents a lot too…my knees and elbows bear permanent marks…the fact that im not dead yet proves that there is a fairy god mother. Hence, there must be a god

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
shit i barely remember half the stuff i did...mostly stories that my moms been telling

and yeah...i was notorious for taking things apart and not putting them back the same way...one time, my dad had to borrow an alarm clock and hide it on the highest shelf in his closet cuz every alarm clock in our own house was in pieces

highest shelf didnt really put it out of reach though...i got yelled at for that one

i think it was around grade 3 my parents figured that it would be good for them (and maybe me?) to have me develop some hobbies and get me more into sports...it worked to, to an extent

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
we musta been pretty arrogant fuckers eh?

for some reason, i never really considered myself better than anyone else till uni...thats when i KNEW lol...but yeah, been trying to learn some humility

growing up i did usually manage to show others up but arrogance never took hold, maybe thats where family environment comes in? or a cultural difference?

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
[Post retracted. My personal story is too good for you clowns].

Last edited:

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
:laugh: What were the fall-out of that little stunt?

people being woken up too early on a saturday morning by others wanting an appraisal

i know one case where it almost started a fight between a couple where the wife thought the husband had taken this huge decision without asking her

we did the whole street...there were a lot of grumpy people the next morning...but it united the neighborhood against the common enemy...so, i deserve a pat on the back. thank you

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
people being woken up too early on a saturday morning by others wanting an appraisal

i know one case where it almost started a fight between a couple where the wife thought the husband had taken this huge decision without asking her

we did the whole street...there were a lot of grumpy people the next morning...but it united the neighborhood against the common enemy...so, i deserve a pat on the back. thank you

Genius excuse!

marmandahalf

:-D ENTP rationalization ftw. We can spin anything.

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I spent preschool and kindergarten watching other kids too.
And one of my earliest memories is at 2, playing on the computer in a dark room.
the only word on the page i could read was "blue."
I was trying to color a scene involving the Statue of Liberty but all i could get was the sky (blue).
I was a science olympiad kid and I never studied but somehow made the team.
We went to state and I got 11th place in anatomy, which wasn't too bad considering the time I spent studying (Less than an hour a week... Too busy reading fiction.)
I hated the asinine games my friends played where we were supposed to be animals.
We were expected to crawl around on the floor making "cute" noises. I hated this so I brought a book on psychology to school and began typing everyone at school, and made this our new game.
I typed my friend as the equivalent of an SJ, but she insisted she was the equivalent of an NT. I don't actually know what type she really is... (On a completely unrelated note, a few of the SJs I know really want to be NTs... I always thought this was rather strange.) This was in third or fourth grade.
I corrected my teachers' spelling and grammar. I also occasionally corrected my friends' moms' grammar. I generally tried not to offend people when doing this but I think I failed....
in 2nd grade they wanted to put me in counseling for reasons I forgot. I threw away the letter they sent home and never went.

A lot of you sound like you were amazing. Wish I had friends like you.