• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP's view on the 16 types

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
This is based off of the ENTJ thread, but I thought it was a good idea. These are all from the veiwpoint of me. I am an INTP.

Rationals

INTP: My type. Nice, intelligent, and accurate. Never misses a trick. Always has something to say that's worth hearing, and adaptable.
ENTP: A bit scary. One second they look pissed, but the next second they look like they want you hug them. Overall smart and funny, although the mood shifts are unnerving.
INTJ: The hardcore kings that really know their stuff. Intelligent and accurate, yet too focused on procedure. I can see them comming from a long way off, and make fantastic, although withdrawn leaders. The kind of person that you need in charge when the shit gets above the fan and beyond.
ENTJ: Take cover. ENTJ's are scary and no nonsense. They are ruthlessly efficient in an admirable way and have a knack for getting people to do things for them. They are good for things such as projects, but too domineering for closer contact.

Idealists

INFP: Nice and sweet. Not unyeilding and deep in thoughts. Just like us, only in the real of emotions. Also they are less utilitarian.
ENFP: Freaky and unpredictable. They are fun and flirty, yet manipulative. A sure and quick way to induce a case of jealousy or ardor. Nice to have as companions, but seemingly ever ready to cuckold you.
INFJ: The nicest of the nice. These people are kind, understanding, and considerate. They are punctual and somewhat yeilding. They genuinely want to help, however, they are too optimistic about humanity.
ENFJ: Personal and sincere. These are the people that can talk to an entire room and make you feel like it was all for you. They can make anyone feel better about themselves and are truly a great gift. Like the ENFP in sensuality, yet more restrained and moresensitive.

Guardians

ISTJ: Combustible. They are alright and easygoing as long as things go their way. Once things go awry, they become unreasonable and often violent. I dislike their rigity and how they go about enforcing it in a very brutish way. They also are sensors, so often people don't beleive your stories of their enraged actions. I live with one (my brother). Tough and irrational to a degree. Too unyeilding.
ESTJ: Take charge and effective. They are alright, although often power and control oriented. Major supporters of proceedure and custom. Good leaders, although limited by their close minded nature.
ISFJ: Caring. These are the people that sit in the shadows and keep everything turning, although with a personal touch. Usually kind and understanding. I can tolerate these, although introvert to introvert contact is awkward because it is in a way, highly unnatural.
ESFJ: Irritating. These are the people who want to prove they are like everyone else and happy all the time. Very irritating and self centered. Aside from there incessant selfish yapping, decent.

Artisans

ISTP: Methodical. They are the kind of people who will take long periods to master something and do it well. Very good in implementation of ideas. Can be counted on to produce quality work, and are interesting characters.
ESTP: Hedonistic. They are the kind of people who use people to get what they want in the way of pleasure. Often these cons use emotions to control people. Fun to most types, but hate us with the same intensity that we hate them. Avoid unless you want a quick fuck or are looking to have your heart broken. Manipulative and callous.
ISFP: Sensual. These are the kind of people that are interested in the finer points of life's enjoyment. They enjoy wine and music. Alright when in a reflectve mood, otherwise somewhat boring and snobbish. Not highly intellectual, yet more of an artistic kind of intelligence.
ESFP: Illogical. This is the kind of person who absolutely craves attention. They live on emotion in excess, surviving on the moment. Unreasonable, and are highly infuriating. Capricious and hedonistic, although much less callous than their thinking cousins. Have a conscience. Very fun, although in small doses, and easily flooded by emotion at which point they become inconsolable and passionate. Overall, overemotional, yet not bad people.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No mood at all is unnerving aswell !

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Is it weird that I (ISFP) don't like wine?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that was interesting to read...i'd like to read more of those. :)

Typology

MBTI Type
epyT
Enneagram
Funny, I thought INTP's knew how to spell...:moonwalk:

(couldn't find right smiley, got bored, picked my favorite...)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Nope. I don't like it either. I find it weird people keep mentioning wine in association with ISFPs, like it's some sort of trademark or something. ;)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Now the newest trademark already ? People saying entp are unemotional ! And that on a forum, A FORUM !!!

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Nope. I don't like it either. I find it weird people keep mentioning wine in association with ISFPs, like it's some sort of trademark or something. ;)

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Unique

Again with the "ESTPs trying to control people" and "using emotions to do it"

Oh yes and I know ALL about emotions in fact I even know how to manipulate people using them [/sarcasm]

I'm aware there is a whole thread on this but it amazes me how many people think a THINKING PERCEIVING type could be EMOTIONALLY CONTROLLING?

and no I fail to see how just because we're extraverted that automatically makes us controlling either, you'll have to do better than that

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
ESTP do seem to manipulate others emotionally, but not directly. Instead they manipulate through objects and facts (Se) that affect emotions. That's my experience, at least.

Unique

*facepalm*

Telling it how it is doesn't mean I'm being emotional

Se is so full of awesome that its bad traits can be overlooked ;)

I kid, I kid

But seriously I don't hate INTPs, what's that about? :O according to socionics we are like "semi duals" which is pretty good...

Well better than putting me in a room with an ESTJ thats for sure

That could end.... interestingly

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ENTP: A bit scary. One second they look pissed, but the next second they look like they want you hug them. Overall smart and funny, although the mood shifts are unnerving.

We like to keep people on their toes.
:2ar15:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pretty harsh on the ESFPs, man. What's so bad about them? You must know some shitty ones.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Oh dear. There's this one ESFP I know. When she's not intensely staring at me or making valiant yet misguided attempts to flirt with me, she's fond of interjecting the most socially inappropriate comments, just to get a reaction.

A while ago a close friend of mine, whom we shall call Huckleberry, was off visiting her parents. She had been gone for one day. I encountered our ESFP, who immediately, and before a bunch of people who knew me yet not especially well, asked if I was depressed that Ms Finn was gone.

"Er, no," I replied.
"So, if she didn't have a boyfriend, would you want to be her boyfriend?"
"No, Huckleberry is sort of like a big sister to me."
"What, really?! She's older than you?!"
"No, I just mean... in terms of her personality."
"Oh, so that's what you're into, is it?"
"Um... Could I have my coffee, please?"

Every time I run into this dame, it's something along these lines. At one point I asked Huckleberry what the deal was with this woman. "Oh, she's man-crazy," Huckleberry said.

Ah.

wolfy

awsm

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I don't like wine either. Why does it always say the ISFP have refined snobbish tastes. I'd say the were more earthy in general.

Jeffster does have refined taste in boobs though.
Quinlan has refined taste in music. Punk is very refined.
Mo and Mailafee really do have what you would consider typical of refined tastes but it doesn't seem to be stereotypical.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I think we are pretty good at appreciating a very wide variety of things, I suppose wine is a convenient example, I wouldn't consider my taste in anything as snobby, I can find something I like in most things.