User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I realize these descriptions are from your point of view, but since your assessment seemed a little harsh, I want to give my comments about ESFP's I know.

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    ESFP: Illogical.
    I am good friends with some ESFP's, and they are not illogical. They are just better at using their thinking abilities in practical, everyday situations than they are at sitting around theorizing about abstract concepts.

This is the kind of person who absolutely craves attention.
    They do crave attention, but I think it's in the same way that you as an INTP might crave a good debate. Although you probably like people noticing your stellar intelligence, your main reason for debating is (hopefully) for interesting discussion, knowledge, insight, ideas, etc. Mature ESFP's that I know enjoy being the center of attention, but their main goal is to have fun and include others in their fun. It makes them feel great to know that they got other people to goof off or laugh out loud. They feel like the world is a better place when they can cause this reaction in others. They don't all just exhibit crazy antics because they want to show off.

They live on emotion in excess, surviving on the moment.
    The mature ESFP's I know do not fit this description, (although one of them did when he was in high school.) They are very capable of making decisions based on rational thinking, and can reign in their emotions when necessary. They are also able to plan wisely and avoid feeling-based mistakes that might cause problems in the future.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Sounds like a young esfp.

The enfp description about killed me. I even pasted it to my intp friend. Thanks for the laugh.

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

ESFPs are some of my favorite people.. the healthy ones anyway. Unhealthy ESFPs are craaaazy. One that I know pretty well I love to be around. She is just shocked when I start to get in one of my philosophical moods and shes one of few that can actually inspire me to become more social. I just feel so much more comfortable around her. I think socionics got it right with this dual. It's like we both have so much to learn from each other.

ESFP: Illogical. This is the kind of person who absolutely craves attention. They live on emotion in excess, surviving on the moment. Unreasonable, and are highly infuriating. Capricious and hedonistic, although much less callous than their thinking cousins. Have a conscience. Very fun, although in small doses, and easily flooded by emotion at which point they become inconsolable and passionate. Overall, overemotional, yet not bad people.
    It's funny because this is fairly good description of what I thought of her before I got to know her. I would have added annoying and unthinking. As in they give very little thought to their actions. Something i really couldn't understand at the time.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Azseroffs View Post
    She is just shocked when I start to get in one of my philosophical moods
    What do you mean by that, exactly? Shocked in what way?

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    What do you mean by that, exactly? Shocked in what way?
    In awe. "I've been looking for someone who can think the way you do" -ESFP.
    One of the best compliments I think I've ever gotten.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Oh, well that's just swell then!

Yeah, it's great when that happens.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I think we are pretty good at appreciating a very wide variety of things, I suppose wine is a convenient example, I wouldn't consider my taste in anything as snobby, I can find something I like in most things.
    Actually the ISFP I thought of are interested in sushi, furniture, artistic photography, wine. Wine just made a good example. And no, I can't relate how they hold the style of some inanimate objects to such importance. It comes up every now and then, and it's when they talk most.

Oh, those and concerts, ice cream flavor, .. but.. I don't remember everything, I tend to tune out a bit when they're too excited about something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    Come, now. Let's not get all emotional.
    I don't post with emotion I post with logic.

Thank you and have a nice day.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I love ESFPs! One of my best mates an ESFP and it was him that turned me from an INTP to an eNTP for which i'm very thankful!

Also he is far more intelligent than i at first gave him credit for. Actually he can be very smart!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm curious how you are able to give personal opinions of all 16 types. I have been studying MBTi for quite a while and still don't believe I've met (consciously) all of the types, let alone enough of each one to be able to give my opinion of them.

Most people aren't going to sit down and take an MBTI test, and while I've gotten pretty good, I still can't type everyone accurately 100% of the time. Usually I end up a single letter off.
    Embrace the possibilities.