User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you have trouble falling asleep in an unmedicated state?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP - Yes

23 35.94%
  • INTP - No

8 12.50%
  • INTJ - Yes

6 9.38%
  • INTJ - No

3 4.69%
  • ENTP - Yes

11 17.19%
  • ENTP -No

4 6.25%
  • ENTJ - Yes

7 10.94%
  • ENTJ - No

2 3.13%
First 1234 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Ah, after lying down?

Well, I usually read for between half an hour to an hour after I lie down, basically til my eyes get heavy, then I put the book down and fall asleep no problem.
    Suppose you wouldn't read, would you still be able to fall asleep easily? Or do you need to do the reading too?

I think the half an hour to an hour of lying down reading, could be potentially seen as the time an NT would lay awake under 'normal' circumstances. Maybe.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Ah, after lying down?

Well, I usually read for between half an hour to an hour after I lie down, basically til my eyes get heavy, then I put the book down and fall asleep no problem.
    I've tried that. I just end up reading in bed for three hours.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I've tried that. I just end up reading in bed for three hours.
    yeah that happens sometimes to me too. I just go with it, I don't worry. I know I'll be able to keep going the next day anyway, mental energy and willpower *shrug* never let me down yet. And eventually I'll be so shattered I'll fall asleep anyway. And if not, there's always beer...

Fluffywolf - no, if I read sitting up or any other room or position, sleep doesn't even cross my mind. I have to be in bed, cos I literally put the book down and go to sleep in the same position. Sometimes fall asleep with my face in the book lol Actually it gets more effective the more you do it, like Pavlov's dog sorta thing, you start associating reading with sleeping and then the ritual just sorta takes care of it.

Like I say, if it doesn't, I've a decanter of port here says I'll sleep well if I have to! But usually I don't really HAVE to, even if I lie there reading for hours, I'll still get a modicum of sleep eventually. But worrying about it doesn't help, so I don't

(by the way it's gone 2am where I am lol)
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I have problems going to sleep and also staying alseep. If I go and try to lie down in the dark, my brain races onto every conversation and thought I've had during the day. All the things I was supposed to remember (and had long forgotten) flood back in.

I can't shut it off. Reading just keeps me up. So I just work or bs online until I pass out wherever I happen to be sitting, head on the keyboard... every single night. Then I sleep for like 4-5 hrs at best. Any little thing will wake me up and it's impossible to go back to sleep. Needless to say, I get a lot accomplished.

I've been this way for as long as I can remember. I literally hate going to bed. I only go in that room if I have company.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I take ages to go to sleep because even if physically tired i'm hardly ever mentally tired which is more important. I just end up lying about daydreaming and thinking. Any fantasy fans at all? You know how almost all elves in fantasy have a "waking dream" well that kinda what i'm like.

The only exception is when i just get in from school, then i can just collapse and sleep for 2-5 hours easily. Its probably because i walk 2.5 miles home so by then i'm physically tired and i've had time to think through the day and let my mind calm down and use up my remaining imagination.

Drink helps but as i'm still under the legal age for another 7 months and my parents don't really drink its not really readily available.

Readings good as well. I used to read fiction almost every night when i was younger and never had problems sleeping.

I can never get up though. Once asleep i can wake up easily then go straight back to sleep just as easily.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

it takes me long. if i go too early i get the feeling i am wasting time, so i always go late.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

I have a horrible time getting to sleep. I just lie there, thinking about all of the things that really don't matter but still come to mind. I have had bouts with true insomnia in the past as well, where I might go for 2 or 3 days with no sleep at all. I would get deliriously tired, but just not able to sleep. It's normally correlated pretty well with my level of stress. When all is good, I can pass out pretty quickly. Any sort of alcohol, stimulant or depressent even usually will keep me up. I can't even pass out with a normal doss of benadryl! It's been a curse for years..

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Right now, I'm dealing with massive stress and day 7 or 8 (???) of pure insomnia. I feel ya.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Right now, I'm dealing with massive stress and day 7 or 8 (???) of pure insomnia. I feel ya.
    ick! I hate it when it gets like that. People don't quite get it when you say you are so tired and you just can't sleep. "Oh, just relax" is what I've heard so much.... not so easy when your mind is racing, even if in gibberish.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I will fall asleep on the couch then awaken and go to bed where i can't sleep for 2 hours sometimes/50%. Often i think it's not so much the thinking that keeps me awake but more repressed feeling generating ahelluvalotof thought.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?