Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post

How does a survivor of internal wars transition to peace time?
    Imo. Remain consistent with your character. Any entity (other people/your very self) gain understanding of your character over time and come to terms with it, hopefully with a dash of reconcile here and there along with amends when it concerns others. I do this on a constent basis as of late. It's mostly low level though. Remember-when an ENTP fucks up by doing something inconsistent with their character, it's usually a pretty large blunder. I could also be wrong here too. Just speculation. <*writing that last bit so that i avoid any blunders by adhering to it myself*

Edit: ENTP screwups as in any screwups that are observed as unusual by either the ENTP or others in that it is uncharacteristic and could be deemed premeditated as in the screwup was (planned). Please note: like your quote in the OP, Those dishes were predicted to break eventually due to the consistency of the character spinning them didn't really plan on adding another, they just added it spontaneuosly for possibly the sake of efficiency but more likely the sake of experimentation. I also edited this post 3 times in the last four hours, so i really don't know why they added another dish but i can certainly agree in adding another dish whatever the outcome may be.

That or wait till you're 50
    Last edited by professor goodstain; 05-04-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: ambiguity
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I bought organizers, planners, my supervisor decided to present me with a calendar (ahem!), my mom keeps wanting to buy me a watch (it'll be a really NICE one! she enthused).

I have yet to utilize any of the above. I figure, if the date/time is something that I'm 'scared of'/anticipating meeting...it will glue itself to my head. Otherwise, whatever effort I put towards it might as well have been nothing, if I need aid in remembering the importance of such a task/commitment.

My problems are many. My motivation to change myself? Too few.

EDIT: Just remembered, I DO USE A CALENDAR! Google Calendar, as I'm forced to by the supervisor. Well, 'use' is a pretty liberal term...let's just say, I have a google calendar.
    I lately experienced phase displacement in the spacetime continuum again, when I woke up in the morning, repeatedly watched my clock to not be late and the seconds kept ticking like hours; when suddenly something on wikipedia caught my attention and though the organizer was alarming me, I lost 30 minutes there and was late for work again
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Sure, there are challenges in life, but they're either like crosswords - pointless, gain nothing by doing them, or exams - you know you could pass it if you really wanted to, but don't care enough to do the work, and it's not worth bothering with the work because pwning it won't give satisfaction when you never doubted you could anyway.

Do you ever feel like ennui will utterly engulf you if you don't keep on "adding plates", to use Synarch's brilliant analogy? Do you yearn for something that will be able to force you out of autopilot? Stop this feeling of coasting through 'til you get to an important part that never comes?
    I think this could possibly be an NT thing in general. When you view things through the lens of intuition and logic you will inevitably be faced with the possibility that nothing really matters. Eventually, whatever you create will be destroyed, whatever you love will cease to exist, the material world is almost an illusion there for our entertainment and we all end up dead with our lives meaning virtually nothing in the big picture. Even our beloved goals are actually quite trivial in the grand scheme of things. One of the most brilliant men I ever knew was an entp. These types of realizations became so overwhelming to him that he left his extremely lucrative job, left his family and spent his remaining days holed up in a shack building computers and broadcasting his ham radio station.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Yeah, I relate to this. For me personally, I am working on being still. Working on being calm. Letting bad feelings just wash over me instead of fighting against them. It's not easy, but the survival strategies I developed as a kid are no longer adaptive. They no longer make sense. So, I need to develop new strategies.

How does a survivor of internal wars transition to peace time?
    I have put a lot of checks in place for myself. I filter my words at their intentions so as not to be backhanded or manipulative. In doing so I've been known to apologize to people for intentions they didn't even notice. I won't speak to people I know I can't keep my mouth in check with or when I know I don't have anything positive to say to them. I've taken away all the distractions forcing myself to stay lucid and face any and every issue head on in an effort to learn and grow from it.

I have read a lot, meditated a lot and calmed much of the noise in my head only to find a new battle and I'm just tired of it.

I don't know, sadly I don't think ENTPs are the people that ever have somebody solve anything for us and that's the bane of our existence, we seem to be able to so clearly help others that can't help themselves yet we can't always do the same for us. We are sadly the people we're looking for in this world.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I lately experienced phase displacement in the spacetime continuum again, when I woke up in the morning, repeatedly watched my clock to not be late and the seconds kept ticking like hours; when suddenly something on wikipedia caught my attention and though the organizer was alarming me, I lost 30 minutes there and was late for work again
    i thought this only happened to me...
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I think this could possibly be an NT thing in general. When you view things through the lens of intuition and logic you will inevitably be faced with the possibility that nothing really matters. Eventually, whatever you create will be destroyed, whatever you love will cease to exist, the material world is almost an illusion there for our entertainment and we all end up dead with our lives meaning virtually nothing in the big picture. Even our beloved goals are actually quite trivial in the grand scheme of things. One of the most brilliant men I ever knew was an entp. These types of realizations became so overwhelming to him that he left his extremely lucrative job, left his family and spent his remaining days holed up in a shack building computers and broadcasting his ham radio station.
    you know, i have a dream, or an imagination of that when i grow old, i'm gonna head out to either siberia or some other forest-y sphere and live my remaining days by myself. there are very few things or people that matter to me; i don't even feel related to my own family anymore.

i'm not sure whether this is just Ne or whether this is actually bordering on the inhumane. either way, i'm at peace with myself in my current state of mind.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm never just a tiny bit interested in something, I become obsessessed and obsessively work to learn more and more about it.

But. Whenever I am in a lull and looking around and nothing is capturing my imagination. The boredom that follows. is. so. oppressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Fiver is correct, it is freeing to not have to impress someone, to be accepted for who you really are.

MBTI
    ENTP

tl;dr

Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    you know, i have a dream, or an imagination of that when i grow old, i'm gonna head out to either siberia or some other forest-y sphere and live my remaining days by myself. there are very few things or people that matter to me; i don't even feel related to my own family anymore.

i'm not sure whether this is just Ne or whether this is actually bordering on the inhumane. either way, i'm at peace with myself in my current state of mind.
    Anymore? The only person in my family i've ever felt related to is my sis (an INFP).
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    Anymore? The only person in my family i've ever felt related to is my sis (an INFP).
    i guess i felt more related when i was a kid, perhaps due to our family situation. i have a few intuitive people in my family whom i think good conversationalists, but it doesn't go further than that. there is no "love" or attachment; perhaps there never was.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty