User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I used to go to God with my problems... then I stopped. I think I need to start again.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    the difference between intp advice and that of entp is that entp's seem to be more scattered. intp's anaylze everything and actually TAKE TIME to give you the correct and accurate answer whereas entp's see it a million different ways and are pretty indecisive and seem to work too fast to give you a correct answer (one quick answer will lead to another possibility that makes for an answer, goes on for ages)
    and if anything, other entp's always seem to be in the same boat as i am, anyway.
    ha, yeah, ENTPs can get themselves into trouble.

Look at it by function: Ne is all about seeing all the possibilities and following things in every direction at once, radiating outwards. The Ti is used to manage the "leaps" and judge what is just crazy talk and what is feasible to get from Intuition A to Intuition B. When it's reversed and Ti is in charge, it is seeking to create a comprehensive and complete model/theory that describes the situation and it has Ne playing the role of "fetch dog" to go out and bring back lots of possibilites so Ti can sift through the pieces and then put them together in a way that makes sense.

plus, intp's are i's which in some way, makes it easy for them to listen and hard for them to say no when someone does goes to them. maybe because a lot of them seem to be 'softer' compared to e's
    That's interesting. What do you mean by "softer?"

(I feel like EPs are far softer, "I" makes the P more resilient -- the core of the tree at work there. Unless you just mean that with E's, you get everything in process where the I will hold itself back a lot and not be in your face.)

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    This.
    But they never fucking LISTEN to me!
    Stupid people. I'm always right too.
    Heh.

First lesson of counseling:
    Don't take it personally if the client insists on not giving a shit about your advice.

(Put another way, the knowledge a counselor gives can be too theoretical, the client has not "earned it" yet for themselves. Until they do, they tend to not follow it.)

I remember when a friend of mine was told that her husband was cheating on her, and she didn't want to believe it. Once she told me all the info (what he had said, what he was doing, etc.) I was like, "Yeah, that's garbage: He is cheating." But she wouldn't believe it, and no one else would believe it either (!)... I just recognized the pattern and the types of lies he was telling.

And i was right. That marriage didn't last much longer after it came out.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah I used to be like that, but I found the way to get out of it was just to give really bad and destructive advice.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

My friends never seem to tell anyone anything about their personal issues. I've had a few people who confided in me regularly about their problems, and I usually dealt with them in an aggressively logical manner, but there's a softer side of me that gives into irrational feelings.
    Those people who hang around me for too long and take my advice all the time turn a bit cynical and catch some of my bad habits. They're usually Feelers.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I unfortunately don't get to play counselor with people. I'm open and ready to listen to problems, but I scare the mind out of people and I don't know why. I am very good at rationally finding ways to create feelings and boost them.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am in trouble and need counselling: pm me if free space is availiable !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

INTPs are darn good but they are somewhat biased in the possible angles they suggest one to take in solving their dilemma. They're either dead on or half wrong in their calculations/diagnosis, yet the angles they do present are worth their weight in gold even when they are wrong. i'm only basing this off INTPs here. I only know one INTP IRL and she's F'n Wacko yet somehow very competent at the same time. Not competent enough for advise though.

Imo, the best advise i've always gotten was from ENFP and INFJ. But that last statement also comes from a full fledged ENTP
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    But that last statement also comes from a full fledged ENTP
    Yay!!! Welcome to the dark side...

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yay!!! Welcome to the dark side...
    JENO! tx. I'll bet there's some truth to the ENFP dynamic. Just look at all those previous threads between the two. When all that dust settled, both partys seemed like they entered a moment of clearity after observing their behavior since all that soup cooler exercise. Problem is it will soon again need to be reenforced due to missplacement of the knowledge gained by way of cognitive noise. That or the experience was missplaced just because it was simply lost. That is where INTP has an edge. Objects can be invisible until they become interested again. Which would work out quite well with an ENTP in search of advise because an ENTP could easily add some sause (BS) to their story to peek the interest of INTP enough to gain INTPs angle to it.

But i'd rather go in circles with ENFP and then forget it all and then repeat to seek advise because, at the very least, it's not boring. And ENFPs are alot harder to gaf off once the insight was predictably (not conveniently) spaced off somewhere after. Probably because they provide advise in a romance novel kinda way.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hey professor....

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!?????
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison