User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

^ hahahaa

See i still get this even though i'm more eNTP now. I'm sure its because anyone who knows me at all knows that they can tell me anything and i won't react with judgement i'll more just sort of interogate them slightly to figure out how there thinking so i can see it from their view then sort of point out where and why other people think differently which a lot of my friends value.

I think its because INTPs are such detached big picture thinkers so they are very good at understanding how other people think and getting in their mind set - even if retarded at figuring how they are feeling - so they can get a really good idea of exactly why people have problems and never being the type to shy away from the truth will tell you the answer when other "tactfully" won't.

I think the ENTP isn't as good at it because there not as good at focusing on the problem and really analysing it as deeply. Also ENTPs have a tendancy to see "the problem" as not a problem, just the person caring too much.
    If they put their mind to it though there as good at it as INTPs - and also have a slightly easier time understanding emotions.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

I've always wanted to be a therapist...

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Something that puzzled me a little -- I was listening to a friend; she's going through a bunch of stuff, yet is slow and circuitous at addressing any of it. At one point, in passing, she commented that she didn't know if I had any problems of my own, but... so-and-so. I can't remember where that transition led; it's the transition itself that sticks out.

I tend to think of myself as a bit of a basket case. I'm depressed more often than not. In social situations I feel profoundly awkward and anxious; I often have such trouble finding my words that I grind to a halt. When I'm around people I know fairly well, and my tongue does loosen up, it sometimes feels like I have to bite it to keep from complaining. I feel like I constantly need to check myself; make sure I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, either figuratively or literally.

Yet apparently I come off as serene and confident. Just shows ya!

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    Something that puzzled me a little -- I was listening to a friend; she's going through a bunch of stuff, yet is slow and circuitous at addressing any of it. At one point, in passing, she commented that she didn't know if I had any problems of my own, but... so-and-so. I can't remember where that transition led; it's the transition itself that sticks out.

I tend to think of myself as a bit of a basket case. I'm depressed more often than not. In social situations I feel profoundly awkward and anxious; I often have such trouble finding my words that I grind to a halt. When I'm around people I know fairly well, and my tongue does loosen up, it sometimes feels like I have to bite it to keep from complaining. I feel like I constantly need to check myself; make sure I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, either figuratively or literally.

Where is all the anxiety coming from? What do you think the worst case scenario is in these situations - what's stopping you from being you?

I'm really sorry to hear about your depression...

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I have been in this position many times. I find it annoying though. People usually want me to just be silent, or reflexively affirmative. They don't seem to like it when I actually attempt to solve their problems.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    I think the ENTP isn't as good at it because there not as good at focusing on the problem and really analysing it as deeply. Also ENTPs have a tendancy to see "the problem" as not a problem, just the person caring too much.
    That's not true at all.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post

Ah, the curse of inferior Fe....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Ah, the curse of inferior Fe....
    The source of all regret. :<
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear about your depression...
    Oh, well, that's all right. It's just a fact. The point really was, there seems to be a certain aura of stability that lures out everyone else's troubles. "Well," people think, "clearly he's got his head on straight -- he'll know what to do, or at least hear me out."

Little do they imagine! Ho ho.

Well, we do our best.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    That's not true at all.
    Well maybe its not an ENTP thing then but i act like that a lot.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!