Thread: INFP/ENTP?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by atomisedmonk View Post
    Ahh I ceebs reading the thread so if I repeat some points... please forgive.

Okay, so. I've had my eye on an INFP for about a year, a year an half now. (Sidenote: is it weird for an ENTP to do this?) And though I find him incredibly sexy, his 'not giving anything way' annoys the fuck out of me. And is this with all INFPs but do they not use any smileys or exclamation marks? It's like they consciously choose to be cold or something... I don't care if it's to 'protect' themselves. (Sidenote 2: is Kristen Stewart an INFP?)

INFJs - now there's a generally warm, crackling fireplacey personality type. And now I can't be bothered explaining why. Probably come back to this tomorrow so stay tuned!
    I use smileys... I don't over use exclamation marks, however, unless I'm being silly.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Patrick Stewart is awesome !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

The INFPs I've known think in terms of their place in society and other's roles as well. One of them I knew was extremely intelligent and witty, but so damned shy that I came off as very intimidating; however, she wouldn't hesitate to hit me back with a smart-ass comment every once in a while.

I'd be okay with this "kind" of INFP as I enjoyed her company very much; however, there's another INFP I knew who I nearly dated that was a wreck. She's smart, but very judgmental not only about herself but others in what they do, and when she would ask, "Why would someone do that? It's stupid and it doesn't make sense," I'd come back with, "Well, actually, everything makes sense if you have enough evidence and logical reason behind it to justify it," which simply pissed her off.

Now that I think about it, I did act as if I was smarter than her, and I still do. Why? Because I think I am– even having conversations with her now, she'll get on my nerves by making a huge emotional mess of something, and when I begin to analyze it, she says, "You're over-thinking this," which I'd rather do than have to react emotionally to every inane situation that comes my way.

So, in conclusion: it depends on the person (as always).
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    What the INFP can bring to the ENTP... I have to admit I haven't figured that out yet. I don't mean that in an, "I'm so insecure I don't think INFPs are worthy" sense, but in a "I haven't pin pointed what ways I make their lives better" sense.
    Make us stop, relax and calm down, sometimes to a borderline boring state.
    They can also provide us with a way of looking at things we find unfamiliar and are completely uninterested in.

Oh, and I love how they just let you rant on and on if you have to, and instead of cutting you off get you a cup of tea and a listening ear.
    (removed)

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

ENTPs and INFPs really annoy one another haha

For some reason though there's a strong mutual attraction...perhaps the potential for hate sex. I can see that at least working out well
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    TNT

I think INFPs get along better with ENTJs. Explained well here: ENTJ Personality Type: ENTJ & INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Patrick Stewart is awesome !

=^.^=
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ReflecTcelfeR

I've formed a rather strong relationship with an INFP. It's working out great, or so it would seem. At times when we have deep, philosophical discussions he tries to cut down my amount of thinking, which I usually try to see if he is right and if I am blowing it out of proportion or not, if I'm not, I disregard it and keep defending. It seems that we can talk about almost everything, though some topics offend his values so he feels uncomfortable.

He gets a certain enjoyment out of considering me a douche, even though I think he wishes he were that way at least part of the time. I think the key to this relationship is the fact that I won't force him to feel anything he doesn't wish too. I might bring it up, and argue my point, but if he doesn't want to divulge his feelings then so be it... I wait until he does. Using my P. I don't think it's so much a teacher-student relationship as it is a coexistence. If he doesn't force his Fi on me and I don't force my Ti onto him I think it'll work out great.

He is introverted enough to allow me to have some free time, but usually if you ask he's more than willing to spend as much time as you want with him. He does not like conflict whatsoever. I've gotten myself into somewhat of a pickle and he tried to deny having any sort of conversation about it with me. He has extremely low confidence on almost all fronts of life. I try to joke around and toughen him up. When I'm wrong he is usually right which I think helps his confidence.

He is quite judgemental of people's opinions, which I find annoying, more so if it's directed at me because I will only a judge an opinion that I see flaws in and I rarely judge him. I can guarantee that when I'm around him I will simultaneously make him hate and enjoy my company.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I've formed a rather strong relationship with an INFP. It's working out great, or so it would seem. At times when we have deep, philosophical discussions he tries to cut down my amount of thinking, which I usually try to see if he is right and if I am blowing it out of proportion or not, if I'm not, I disregard it and keep defending. It seems that we can talk about almost everything, though some topics offend his values so he feels uncomfortable.

He gets a certain enjoyment out of considering me a douche, even though I think he wishes he were that way at least part of the time. I think the key to this relationship is the fact that I won't force him to feel anything he doesn't wish too. I might bring it up, and argue my point, but if he doesn't want to divulge his feelings then so be it... I wait until he does. Using my P. I don't think it's so much a teacher-student relationship as it is a coexistence. If he doesn't force his Fi on me and I don't force my Ti onto him I think it'll work out great.

He is introverted enough to allow me to have some free time, but usually if you ask he's more than willing to spend as much time as you want with him. He does not like conflict whatsoever. I've gotten myself into somewhat of a pickle and he tried to deny having any sort of conversation about it with me. He has extremely low confidence on almost all fronts of life. I try to joke around and toughen him up. When I'm wrong he is usually right which I think helps his confidence.

He is quite judgemental of people's opinions, which I find annoying, more so if it's directed at me because I will only a judge an opinion that I see flaws in and I rarely judge him. I can guarantee that when I'm around him I will simultaneously make him hate and enjoy my company.

I like that. A little torment is always good fun.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

ReflecTcelfeR

Mmhmm!