User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: INFP/ENTP?

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    wait a minute.
    Isn't the entp the supervisee in the entp\infj relationship?
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    INFj = INFP in MBTI. Supervisor = ENTp, Supervisee = INFj. So therefore ENTP supervises, INFP is the supervisee. INFp (INFJ in MBTI) and ENTp are Semi Duals apparently. Relations of Semi-Duality between psychological ("personality") types
    Uh..nope!

Relations between Psychological ("personality") Types

Put in ENTp + INFj and click = RELATION

You will see it comes up that INFj is the SuperviSOR and the ENTp is the SuperviSEE

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

i don't quite get the theory behind socionics. exactly how is an ENXp a beneficiary to a ESXj?
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Uh..nope!

Relations between Psychological ("personality") Types

Put in ENTp + INFj and click = RELATION

You will see it comes up that INFj is the SuperviSOR and the ENTp is the SuperviSEE
    Well shit. Ok. I'm wrong.

I thought MAYBE that would help a little bit to prove it, but my feelings toward the interactions remain.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

For what it's worth, this was somewhat addressed in the "Who Wants ENTP Women" thread. I don't *personally* agree with what many of the INFPs said in that thread, but I only recently read it, and missed the party.

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    ^Hmm interesting. Do you think there is something to what Black Cat has said (being INFP)... that he feels intimidated by certain ENTP? Hence, perhaps that prodding can feel... disrespectful or like an assault? Or as though you have to justify your ways to the ENTP? I'm just putting things together on the fly here.
    I can see why he said he felt like certain ENTP intimidate him. For me, I'd say it's that I feel like I have more at stake than they do in any given interaction. Giving someone that key is difficult for me, especially when I don't feel like it's a mutual exchange.

Doesn't apply to all ENTPs, though. Some I can't help but to intrinsically trust. My friend in college was like that. Some of the ENTPs here are like that.

Whereas as an INFJ I don't feel intimidated at all. So, I regard their prodding and poking as well meaning but basically I don't feel obliged to explain myself or justify anything. It's odd, even when an ENTP is being 'abrupt' I just speak my mind and all is fine. And I don't feel assailed. But I am direct in a way that perhaps the INFP might not be with an ENTP? They don't seem to push the buttons that would make me upset or feel hurt. Totally making this up as I go along!
    That's interesting.

I think the highlighted is the main thing. Tertiary (relief) Fe vs Dom Fi. Causes the INFP to close off and ignore the ENTP, which is pretty much the only way to really get to an ENTP's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    nope, nevar.
    Your secret crush on INFPs couldn't be more obvious. It's quite embarrassing, really.

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    i could go for an INFP GUY, but if i were a dude (or lesbian), i'm pretty sure we'd just have sex then go our separate ways*. one of us running faster than the other.

Going from casual to serious would be a difficult transition, I think. I still don't fully understand the nature of the long term relationship in the ENTP. My co-worker pretty much states that you can't get married for love, because it doesn't work. It's a business relationship. I've seen that sentiment echoed here. Yeah... not my cup of tea.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post

Going from casual to serious would be a difficult transition, I think. I still don't fully understand the nature of the long term relationship in the ENTP. My co-worker pretty much states that you can't get married for love, because it doesn't work. It's a business relationship. I've seen that sentiment echoed here. Yeah... not my cup of tea.
    can't get married based solely on love...
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Nope, not wise to marry solely for love. If I had, I'd be married to a carnie right now. And probably would be operating a ferris wheel in a state fair somewhere...

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

But... a life without love, that's terrible! Love is like oxygen!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaqYgWc8-vs&feature=related"]All You Need Is Love[/YOUTUBE]

Seriously, I do agree. Your italicizing of solely makes it so I can't take personal Fi offense and get into a pointless argument with you.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I don't think it was emphasized solely for you... and yes, you want to marry the one you love, but love isn't the only factor.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I don't think it was emphasized solely for you... and yes, you want to marry the one you love, but love isn't the only factor.
    Cute...

It's when it becomes a near irrelevant factor that I start taking issue with it. But, I'd be pretty foolish to base all ENTPs on my coworker, wouldn't I? Especially considering that I don't consider him the most respectable example of an ENTP.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

This is a bit OT, but I want to know: for those that say love is not the only factor that would induce you to marriage, do you mean:

(1) Love is the only thing that inclines you to marriage, but that inclination may be reduced by other factors besides love (e.g., not marrying a carny because he's not financially stable, even though you love him/her).

(2) Love is not the only thing that inclines you to marriage. Financial success, social status, some other pleasing factor are equal contributors to your inclination to marry a person (e.g., you would marry a person even if you didn't love them that much, but you loved their car or their money or whatever).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness