First 1234 Last

Thread: INFP/ENTP?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Maybe this will make sense. In socionics INFPs are INFjs, and ENTPs stay ENTps. This is the relationship it suggests, it all makes sense to me. With the ENTp being the supervisor: Relations of Supervision between psychological ("personality") types
    wait a minute.
    Isn't the entp the supervisee in the entp\infj relationship?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    wait a minute.
    yes you're right, I'm sure it's that way round.

But as regards ENTP and INFP, my experience says it's a match made in heaven. Go figure. :gallic shrug:
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Well, I am an INFP with an ENTP dad...
    My ENTP dad can come off as quite arrogant (er, confident) and unimpressed by everything (except himself). That attitude can be intimidating.

Lack of humility is a big turn-off for me, because I value humility a lot. I'm also wary of anyone who writes off feelings as "dramatic" as my father does. He doesn't take anything seriously...life is a joke. I take everything way too seriously (I imagine anyway, haha). I'm very quiet, and my dad also seems annoyed by anyone he cannot grasp quickly, as he usually sums people up without much trouble. For the past 25 years, he's failed to do so with me.

I admire my dad in many ways, but I could not become close to someone like that unless they decided to put themselves aside for a moment and make the effort to get to know me & value my perspective. Otherwise, I'm just this blank person in their shadow.

I don't know if that's just him though (probably). I can't think of anyone else I really know well enough to type as ENTP.
    maybe you take his jokes or 'manliness' far too seriosuly?

by manliness i mean that not displaying emotions up front cuz thats what men do...i wouldnt be surprised if you read him wrong. when push comes to shove though, he'll prolly be there with you and for you

your dad probably knows he casting a shadow and probably expects you to man up and either beat him or stand up to him

thats how i see it anyway...

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    wait a minute.
    INFj = INFP in MBTI. Supervisor = ENTp, Supervisee = INFj. So therefore ENTP supervises, INFP is the supervisee. INFp (INFJ in MBTI) and ENTp are Semi Duals apparently. Relations of Semi-Duality between psychological ("personality") types

Sanveane: Interesting to read it from the "ideal" partner side of things.

Udog: You dug a lot deeper... what you said has a lot of truth.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    Could this combination possibly work?

nope, nevar.
    She talks pretty but says mean things

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

i could go for an INFP GUY, but if i were a dude (or lesbian), i'm pretty sure we'd just have sex then go our separate ways*. one of us running faster than the other.

*i always figured i'd be a giant slut if i were male.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    i could go for an INFP GUY
    It makes me feel bad to say that I don't think ENTP/INFP could work... There are some ENTP females that are awesome for me... that I'd want to start a relationship with. An ENTP that I can handle. But I just don't meet those enough.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    It makes me feel bad to say that I don't think ENTP/INFP could work... There are some ENTP females that are awesome for me... that I'd want to start a relationship with. An ENTP that I can handle. But I just don't meet those enough.
    yeah, i ricochet that.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post

by manliness i mean that not displaying emotions up front cuz thats what men do...i wouldnt be surprised if you read him wrong. when push comes to shove though, he'll prolly be there with you and for you

your dad probably knows he casting a shadow and probably expects you to man up and either beat him or stand up to him

Gawd, this would get so exhausting! I just can't see the two types making it work as a romance. Maybe friends with some strong boundaries up, but lovers? No, I don't think so.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post

For clarification, my observations on my dad are based on his interactions with others, because honestly, we don't interact much & he didn't raise me. We have a very surface & detached relationship.

The shadow thing was meant to describe being ignored & forgotten by my dad while he pursues his interests, not the idiomatic expression to be living in someone's shadow. That has nothing to do with what I meant...
    Anyway, I know my dad is an individual & not the ENTP prototype

I have very little to no drama in my life actually...I'm a very quiet person who keeps to herself. Now my ESFP sister & ENTP dad....there's drama, haha.

I agree with Udog, in that my general problem with my ENTP dad is he wants me to open up, but he cannot nurture me to do so. My ISFJ mother has been able to do that with each of us at some point, and it tells me we need both need nurturing people, but are not nurturing ourselves.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe