User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    entp

i usually can...especially with people i have known for a while...im good at pushing the right buttons. im not good at analyzing a situation from third person perspective, but im good at reading people and getting them to do stuff as a first person

xNTP with a well developed Se, is what i think your after

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well... when you spend tremendous amounts of energy coming up with zillions of possible outcomes and subsequent 'chain reaction' events would occur from there... you're bound to hit on the right one somewhere :P Its easy to look back and go 'I knew that was going to happen' when really it was one of many, many possibilities that you'd considered.

Not so much fortune telling as squeeezing the life out of a possible sequence of events in every contortion and mangled conglomeration possible.

The fun ones are when something happens that you HADN'T considered. This is unusual, and normally I find myself temporarily fascinated with someone who surprises me. Until I figure them out
    Embrace the possibilities.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

For some reason after posting that I find myself hearing the line from Pretty Woman (Richard Gere's character was certainly an INTx eh?)

Him: "Its just that... very few people surprise me."

Her: "Oh yeah? Well you're lucky. Most of them shock the hell out of me."
    Embrace the possibilities.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I see something behind everything.

It may appear logical but it isn't neccesarily pure logic though.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You are a nasty one indeed
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Never.

In my world, everything is irrational. The metaphysical concept of being. Not logic, F logic, it's such an assumption.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post

Do some NTs have this kind of ability?Can an NT always see the logic and come up with an explanation behind everything?
    Sure.

Anyone with adequate imagination can thoughtfully offer a reasonable explanation for most events. Not that the explanation is necessarily comprehensive or takes into proper account the interaction between non-visible variables, or even that the explanation will offer any practical connection to what others might consider a 'logical' approach.

It sounds like the characters you're reading benefit from the sort of 'narrative omniscience' that's often used in early text to exalt important leaders (a quiet way to implicitly market the subsequent importance of the culture to which his mythos is attributed...).

In the real world, this absolute comprehension isn't possible. There are too many components in any situation (be it simple or profound) to have a complete rendition of forecast.

We simply lack the computational power to fully account for this quantum interplay. NT or not, the sophistication necessary to live up to the godlike status of these mytho-historical entities (in American culture, Paul Bunyan is an example of his larger-than-life characterization; English culture has its Arthurian legendarium; Japan has Izanagi and the god-demon Orochi) just isn't within our reach.

Stories like these literally permeate all human civilization and generally seek to complement heroic deeds with superhuman origin. In practice, one could even make the argument that these entities are early representations of what would later transform into nationalism.

Interesting concept nonetheless, with volumes of historical text to navigate if to better deconstruct our apparent psychological need for 'hero worship'.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Oftentimes, I can "predict" what's going to happen next because I observe people and see their patterns. (Ne). At that point, I make a decision on what I'm going to do with this information (Ti).
    This.

Not speaking of myself specifically, but once you get to know someone, and the better you know them, the easier it is to predict what they'll do in a given situation. Of course, no one is going to be 100% right but I have come across people who are creepily good at reading others and getting right at/to what they're about/what makes them tick, in order to manipulate them (in large or small ways).

As for the 'logic' part, well, it depends on your defintiion of logic. Most times - almost every time, actually - I can see a reason that someone has done something. I can understand why they did what they did. So while it might not be objectively rational, there is still a personal *reason* underlying the action. I guess the question is do you count that as logic or not?
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    I had to read it (and the other 3 classics) in school. I remember enjoying the logic and war games, but being confused at the number of characters and how disperse the plot was.

I have the ability to predict (more or less) how someone whom I have known for some time will respond to any given situation. My father (IXTJ) is the same way. It's when I'm surprised that a person becomes interesting. Most people aren't that complicated. Once you figure out their values (and corresponding weaknesses), they're easy to read and are predictable. This ability is not as rare as you think.

It's a lot easier if the other person is a thinker, too. As an INTJ, I often "intuit" a person's general perspective, and how he/she makes decisions. This "intuition" is a general coherent picture formed by various bits of information that I've received through my interactions with them.

I can also build up/break down a person, weaknesses and all, substantiated using various bits of information and what I extrapolate from that to a general personality. It's rude and invasive, however, and (IMHO) a skill that can only be used to hurt.

Ah I see. Its a book really about NTs trying to outwit each other, and ruthless application of logic and strategy in the battlefield of war.
    A must read for anyone who are interested in fighting wars and learning the enemy's thinking. Almost at the same level as Machievelli's the prince and Sun Tzu the art of war. Almost every charachter in there is machievellian and its almost like seeing Machevelli's principles in action.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Sure.

Anyone with adequate imagination can thoughtfully offer a reasonable explanation for most events. Not that the explanation is necessarily comprehensive or takes into proper account the interaction between non-visible variables, or even that the explanation will offer any practical connection to what others might consider a 'logical' approach.

It sounds like the characters you're reading benefit from the sort of 'narrative omniscience' that's often used in early text to exalt important leaders (a quiet way to implicitly market the subsequent importance of the culture to which his mythos is attributed...).

In the real world, this absolute comprehension isn't possible. There are too many components in any situation (be it simple or profound) to have a complete rendition of forecast.

We simply lack the computational power to fully account for this quantum interplay. NT or not, the sophistication necessary to live up to the godlike status of these mytho-historical entities (in American culture, Paul Bunyan is an example of his larger-than-life characterization; English culture has its Arthurian legendarium; Japan has Izanagi and the god-demon Orochi) just isn't within our reach.

Stories like these literally permeate all human civilization and generally seek to complement heroic deeds with superhuman origin. In practice, one could even make the argument that these entities are early representations of what would later transform into nationalism.

Interesting concept nonetheless, with volumes of historical text to navigate if to better deconstruct our apparent psychological need for 'hero worship'.

Well yea, the story is based on historical events rather than pure fiction. every character there had once existed in the real world. And what theyt had done in the book has happened in real life. The book is really about psychological warfare and breaking down the enemy's thinking.

But the book characters' intelligece almost seem superhuman. I mean , you might be able to predict what a fool is thinking and his reaction, but to predcit the thoughts of someone with very high intelligence almost impossible. Thousands of variables can go wrong.

I once tried to learn the logic behind the characters' thinking. But it took too much brainpower and i gave up.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.