First 123

Thread: Problem w/ ENTJ

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

Quote Originally Posted by CindySue View Post
    Of course more info is helpful,sorry.

We just started dating, but then his job got really stressful. He was promoted and then he more or less disappeared. I get limited to no phone calls and no time together.

What Frank said makes the most sense about the situation. I am just unsure of it because the behavior seems strange to me.

Thanks guys!!!!
    oh, that's great that you guys are together, congrats

in that case, yep, Frank's right.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yes, he's probably distracted with his work. No, this is not an acceptable behavior in a relationship, so you should see if it's just one stressful time, or if it's a consisten pattern. In the latter case, I'd think twice about further commitment.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Yes, he's probably distracted with his work. No, this is not an acceptable behavior in a relationship, so you should see if it's just one stressful time, or if it's a consisten pattern. In the latter case, I'd think twice about further commitment.
    Yeah. What he said.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Depends on what you mean by "disappearing." Obviously if its been weeks and he's paid no mind to you whatsoever then forget about it. Is this a new relationship or have you been in it a while? It sounds like a new relationship by the way you say, "seems interested."

My ENTJ, (and i've noticed a couple of others mention on this forum) was really really persistent and made a huge attempt when he was trying to "catch" me. I was his one and only main task. When an ENTJ is interested, boy you know. After a while when we settled down a bit he started getting more caught up in work. Some days we don't talk as much because we both focus on work so much, but other days make up for it.

Basically ENTJ sees a problem to be solved, (in this case snatching up that lovely young lady) they will not stop until its solved. Once you've got them/ they've got you, they are still very loving but have more problems to be solved outside of relationship. Work/housework/bills/life in general.
    Their brains are always going.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    My ENTJ, (and i've noticed a couple of others mention on this forum) was really really persistent and made a huge attempt when he was trying to "catch" me. I was his one and only main task. When an ENTJ is interested, boy you know.
    Yeah, that is the truth. I basically hunted my boyfriend down, (he's INTP) until he said yes. We're persistent and aggressive persuers.

When you're the object of an ENTJs affection, he/she makes sure you know it.

For me, getting my INTP sort of became my mission, a fixed goal. And I was hellbent on making him a part of my life. And I did.

My dad later told me this: "I knew you were in love when you started talking like an assassin."

MBTI
    ENTJ

My dad later told me this: "I knew you were in love when you started talking like an assassin."
    That's awesome, love it.

Also, Juggernaut, could I kindly ask you NOT to keep revealing our secrets to the opposite sex? It's going to make further missions *even more* difficult.

And, what FDG said re: is this something that's happening for a short time based on circumstance or is he generally dismissive? If it's general, I'd think twice, too, about further pursuing anything.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Thanks again for all the advice everyone! It is much appreciated. It all makes sense. I will proceed with caution. He came on very strong in the beginning and said that he wanted to be with me. We were basically in a relationship(to my knowledge) but it made me scared once he got the promotion and became distant. His boss has been making him work extreme hours though so I feel like maybe it all fits together. My intuition feels like everything is ok.