User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Problem w/ ENTJ

MBTI
    ENTJ

Related to what someone else said, yeah, I need more info to be able to offer anything of possible use here...
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Related to what someone else said, yeah, I need more info to be able to offer anything of possible use here...
    spoken like a true closet P!!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    They would be equally up front about being interested in you. I would ask him, straight out, "do you wanna go out on a date with me?"
    One of the reasons I love you guys... I don't have to be afraid of offending you or anything. That's a huge thing to me. I don't have to pad down my words to get through to you.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention I don't have to be afraid of much bulls@#t on you guy's side.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by CindySue View Post
    Hello gang. I want to know more about the Entj. I feel like one is interested in me but he seems very distracted as of late. Can men have one track minds and forget about women in general and just focus on their career to an extreme?
    Yes absolutely we can do this. We have a tendency to view our relationships as a done deal once we are committed. We forget that sometimes we have to nourish the relationship etc... Ideally we would spend the majority of our time on career, business or projects. Just knowing how we feel about the person is often enough for us to consider the relationship strong and therefore not high on our list of priorities of things that need attention. It really takes a conscious effort on our part to be aware that others may need more "together" time than we do.

MBTI
    ENTJ

It doesn't sound like she's IN a relationship with this guy, though...?

If I were this guy, and I was interested in her, I wouldn't deal with it/show it by avoiding her. That's just me.

*punches Noz*
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

I'd say try to read the body language when you run into him. If he cares about you, just not in that way, he might not be comfy with expressing outright rejection. He could be confused... or trying to get a no-strings-attatched deal out of the whole thing, if he's stressed.

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Of course more info is helpful,sorry.

We just started dating, but then his job got really stressful. He was promoted and then he more or less disappeared. I get limited to no phone calls and no time together.

What Frank said makes the most sense about the situation. I am just unsure of it because the behavior seems strange to me.

Thanks guys!!!!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    One of the reasons I love you guys... I don't have to be afraid of offending you or anything. That's a huge thing to me. I don't have to pad down my words to get through to you.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention I don't have to be afraid of much bulls@#t on you guy's side.
    Agreed!
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by CindySue View Post
    I feel like one is interested in me but he seems very distracted as of late. Can men have one track minds and forget about women in general and just focus on their career to an extreme?
    (f) ENTJs do this as well. When I wrote my master's thesis, my bf (INTP) of nine months at that time, was practically ready to leave me. Aside from the distractedness and being stressed out of my mind, and constantly thinking about my thesis, apparently, I was a real bitch too. However, this was NOT brought to my attention until he actually spelled it out for me - 12 weeks later.

So hang in there, if you really like him. To an ENTJ, our work is important to us and sometimes we get lost in it, without noticing or even thinking there is something wrong with that. We just kind of expect others to understand. Especially our significant others.

This should however, not be interpreted as lack of interest in you. If you're still unsure, ask him! He'll give you a straight answer to your question (given that it is a straight enought question) If he likes you, the "love" is still there, just that the time and brain capacity isn't...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Yes absolutely we can do this. We have a tendency to view our relationships as a done deal once we are committed. We forget that sometimes we have to nourish the relationship etc... Ideally we would spend the majority of our time on career, business or projects. Just knowing how we feel about the person is often enough for us to consider the relationship strong and therefore not high on our list of priorities of things that need attention. It really takes a conscious effort on our part to be aware that others may need more "together" time than we do.
    So very true.