User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingAboutIt View Post
    [...] And, I do not think it is generalized, it is more a focus on certain behavioral traits in each group [...]
    Thats exactly the kind of generalizations I am talking about. People dont belong to groups
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Thats exactly the kind of generalizations I am talking about. People dont belong to groups
    It is grouped by nature, via differences. That is the point - you can't say a man is a woman any more than a woman is a man. They are different, period. A thinker and a feeler approach, process, and handle things completely differently; whether someone considers that a bad thing or not is a different story, but trying to say that they are not different or different 'groups' is ridiculous.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

So but even according to MBTI every person posseses feeling and thinking and interaction between people often is a mixture of them both. So do you either want to split up interactions in so many tiny bits of information to single-out which bit belongs to thinking and which belongs to feeling or are you rather intrested in what unique new forms of mind- and soullife are created because of the mixture in one person ?

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    The feeling, be it Fe or Fi, is surely there for me. The difference imo is that the 48.1% of the feeler i really think i am only accounts for roughly 20% of the decisions/choices i make.
    I think you hit the nail on the head here. Being 'T' or 'F' doesn't mean you think or feel more than others, but maybe only indicates what will motivate you more to take action.

I still don't think there's much separation between what you think and what you feel though. I don't know that you can separate them the way we try to sometimes. Thoughts can lead to feelings, feelings can lead to thoughts... its all a cycle where each is dependent on the other. The kind of 'yin' and 'yang' of a person's soul perhaps.

If you've ever heard how Bruce Lee describes the function of Yin and Yang you'll know where I'm coming from here. There isn't 'good' and 'bad', 'black' and 'white', there is only balance and, like a rubber band that pulls in one direction, it must go back the other direction with equal force. They're all the same thing... thoughts and feelings. Just two halves of a whole.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

yes, just my thoughts, thank you

So but even according to MBTI every person posseses feeling and thinking and interaction between people often is a mixture of them both. So do you either want to split up interactions in so many tiny bits of information to single-out which bit belongs to thinking and which belongs to feeling or are you rather intrested in what unique new forms of mind- and soullife are created because of the mixture in one person ?
    I think there is value in appreciating both the group, with its splitness and then the individual within any sort of grouping.

For instance, my favorite INTP. Due to the "group" definitions I can predict reliably that he wont be into pda too much, will be highly analytical, be very logical, will delay conversations concerning "feelings" till he is very comfortable with me, and may not always immediately touch base after an email or call as he needs time alone to think things over so I should not be bothered by these things. Also, when he speaks, I know to be patient and let him ruminate a little and wait for him to finish as he likely has more to say, but has to think about it a bit.

However this tells me nothing about his soul-insides-uniqueness, ie that his favorite cloud shapes are the ones that you see before dawn from a plane when they drift over water, his favorite author is john steinbeck, his favorite color is pink, or that time he was wondering around lost in the desert (something about a girl..),

Type won't tell me about why our noses touched when we slept or why he likes shrimp instead of sausage on his sandwich or why he thinks venomous snails are fascinating... It wont tell me about his cat, or his parents or his theories on algorithms for data processing, or why he likes odd, special scotches and also knows a lot about wine...

So I get a type- a model-which helps understand how to relate in general -then I dive in and enjoy all the specifics and appreciate them for what they are and enjoy that diversity and uniqueness.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am sorry but I cant follow you on this one, I simply dont classify people or think of them in groups. Come as you are, Nirvana knew that

A reason I am here is to find something that actually makes sense and to classify people in groups one day, but it eluded me thus far

To me grouping is sensor talk, my concept is still infinity diversity in infinite combinations

I am sorry but I cant follow you on this one, I simply dont classify people or think of them in groups. Come as you are, Nirvana knew that

A reason I am here is to find something that actually makes sense and to classify people in groups one day, but it eluded me thus far

To me grouping is sensor talk, my concept is still infinity diversity in infinite combinations
    you know maybe it is my Te coming through. It REALLY likes to organize things it turns out, and likes to add structure. So maybe I find the thought appealing and more natural as Ne-Fi makes me fascinated by people and why they do what they do, then Te wants to organize it, model it, and structure it so it can be predicted?? I dont know..

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yes maybe and ultimatively its necessary. I do organize and structure people myself, its necessary to understand them. But I am never satisfied with how to describe them. If I say for example about someone that he is analytical, what does that mean ? If he were analytical he would be a Computer but he is not, he is composed of a lot of different tones and notes and you can never find the right way to describe him.

But what you can and you probably do yourself is to enjoy this. So when I am categorizing I am basically riding a wave of emotions towards someone and I am either attracted or repelled by what he says. With this attitude life isnt easy, cause 90% of the times you get different vibes than they intended to send. But a few select people, they emitt waves that I like and that dont change. They never do something I would say I felt alone or I hated. And I think this then is my group of people.

Ultimatively at old age tho, I am pictureing me more to live alone. Cause the company of people is taxing sometimes, if you want to get to know everyone and dont say from time to time, ok this guy I will exclude from my "getting-to-know-attitude"

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Ultimatively at old age tho, I am pictureing me more to live alone. Cause the company of people is taxing sometimes, if you want to get to know everyone and dont say from time to time, ok this guy I will exclude from my "getting-to-know-attitude"
    +1