User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

i pretty much agree; i've always jokingly stated that the universe was made by TJs.

personally, i know feelings are sometimes useful, and i can remember many a times where they have helped me out of what would otherwise be a sticky situation (P gets me in trouble). that being said, i think that "feelings" are perhaps a wrong label for this. there are some "feelings" that i would not put as traits to F, but rather as traits to, say, P or S/N. like passion for instance: i don't believe passion is derived from F, but from P. whenever i get inspired, i get extremely passionate. and with that passion, i can create something artistic.

besides all that, i think many people (including NTs) are either lying to themselves about their feelings or ignoring them. feelings work in the spur of the moment, but if ignored, they will pass (likely held in a suppressive state).

also, synarch, i strangely agree with the quote in your sig. it defines a part of me well.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    THIS is what I think is the negative side to MBTI/Typing/Socionics.

It diminishes the role of all these things in a person... feeling shouldn't be measured against thinking. Everyone uses both. People don't fit into these neat, little 16 boxes. It's sad that we try to reduce it to this. There are so many other aspects to personality than just E/I N/S T/F P/J.
    Agreed. But, complexity is hard to distill and capture so we must generalize and in generalizing we lose sight of actuality. But we gain perspective on patterns. However, we must be aware that we are not describing actuality. It is easy to apply these generalizations too widely.

MBTI/Typing/Socionics has been boiled down to a mere gaming science. How to land an ENTP. How to seduce an INTP. It's very sad, and overwhelmingly manipulative...
    I think you may have a point here. It is worthy of a separate thread. Is type used to manipulate interpersonal scenarios? Please develop!

I'm sorry I did this in your thread, Synarch. I've become entirely disillusioned with this pop-sci-chology.
    Well, what were your previous illusions? Maybe you need more skepticism. MBTi is not reality. I see it more as a filter.

Moderation in everything. We should all seek to balance ourselves. But not like this. No excuses for behavior. We are all unique individuals. Some of us share somethings in common, but a set of letters shouldn't be one of them.
    Agreed, but it is difficult to talk outside of generalities. Even the words we use are generalities. Blunt instruments bent to the task of precision and clarity. They fail as all generalizations fail, but we are not wrong-headed in making an attempt to systemize and understand. But, agreed, we are more than our "types" and it is helpful of you to remind us of such.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    also, synarch, i strangely agree with the quote in your sig. it defines a part of me well.
    How so? Explain please.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Thanks.

Why, oh why do you understand?
    Last edited by Ardea; 04-28-2009 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Sounded creepy.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

This is all speculation on my behalf.
    MBTI presents someones preference in percentages up to a hundred with the potential of beeing all 100% in something. i see someones preferences up to 54% max in any preference except maybe judging/perceiving where i think it could be as high as 75%. The feeling/thinking preference is only maxed at 51.5% tops, one way or the other, for anyone imo.

The feeling, be it Fe or Fi, is surely there for me. The difference imo is that the 48.1% of the feeler i really think i am only accounts for roughly 20% of the decisions/choices i make.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTP

Thanks.

Why, oh why do you understand?
    I saw what you did there. Editrix.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I saw what you did there. Editrix.
    Kendo does have a thread for this.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Kendo does have a thread for this.
    She said she wanted to meet me and eat my liver with chianti and fava beans. Thip, thip, thip, thip, thip.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Delicious Synarch...
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Delicious Synarch...
    That's what all the cannibals say in that crazy German chat room. #foodenfruendes