User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    intp

Cloud's a clown.

ooops. I broke the cardinal rule.

Usually conveying dislike is not tough - I simply refuse to acknowledge their existence or their possession of humanity. That is pretty rare and reserved for pigheaded, dense, scum of the earth.
    What is tough is not giving false positives where people interpret dislike from obliviousness.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I basically ignore them, don't make eye contact, don't respond to anything they say, treat them like they don't exist.
    This is how I treat everyone. Is that why people think I don't like them?

Mostly I don't even register people on a like/dislike scale. I'm indifferent. Sometimes I dislike someone because they are loud or obnoxious or in my face or it's just a personality clash. In that case, if ignoring them isn't working, I'll probably cut them with words to force them to keep their distance.

If I really dislike someone, it's probably because they have harmed me or mine in some way. And then they really need to watch out. Because I'm a vengeful sonova bitch. And they never see it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    In my experience a judgement about the other person is often made based on very limited data and INTP-specific assumptions that need not necessarily apply to the other person.

(I don't mean to target you specifically Tallulah. It's just something that bothers me about a fair number of the INTPs I know, so quick to judge.)
    Would that be you making a judgment about other people making judgments? :p

So what if it is a judgment? Everybody makes judgments consciously or unconsciously when they meet someone within, what is it 7 seconds? That's what we're wired to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    So what if it is a judgment? Everybody makes judgments consciously or unconsciously when they meet someone within, what is it 7 seconds? That's what we're wired to do.
    Well, true -- it's a survival mechanism, it's better to make a judgment and decide rather than stand there and get eaten.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp

QFT - Our critical faculties are not there to languish, unused, to our detriment. But usually people only have problems with your use of judgment if the outcome is not favorable to them. Otherwise it shows character!

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    Cloud's a clown.

ooops. I broke the cardinal rule.

Usually conveying dislike is not tough - I simply refuse to acknowledge their existence or their possession of humanity. That is pretty rare and reserved for pigheaded, dense, scum of the earth.
    What is tough is not giving false positives where people interpret dislike from obliviousness.
    I have only had to do that once as I usually have no problem getting along with anyone. But, I did have a woman I worked with years ago...an adult, but really psychotic that I had to handle. Everyone was scared of her and tried to 'be her friend', but since I was not 'adhering' as well, she decided she needed to intimidate me. It wasn't that I didn't like her - I just didn't care for her complete lack of class. Nasty verbal comments within my vicinity resulted in nothing more than inattentiveness or amusement, so she intentionally 'bumped' into me with her shoulder while walking down the hall. I laughed, and continued to walk down that hall just as I always had. So, she joined a 'group' I was taking a break with and started making comments about 'beating people up' that she doesn't like and looked right at me. Since we were standing, I simply turned my back on her in front of everyone and stayed that way until she left. She blew a gasket and started yelling, but never did anything more than stomp off. Everyone's mouth was hanging open when I turned back around. Sorry, I just don't make time for nonsense, and I have far too much moxie to be intimidated by such.
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingAboutIt View Post
    Nasty verbal comments within my vicinity resulted in nothing more than inattentiveness or amusement, so she intentionally 'bumped' into me with her shoulder while walking down the hall. I laughed, and continued to walk down that hall just as I always had. So, she joined a 'group' I was taking a break with and started making comments about 'beating people up' that she doesn't like and looked right at me. Since we were standing, I simply turned my back on her in front of everyone and stayed that way until she left. She blew a gasket and started yelling, but never did anything more than stomp off. Everyone's mouth was hanging open when I turned back around. Sorry, I just don't make time for nonsense, and I have far too much moxie to be intimidated by such.
    ROFL.
    I guarantee, the safest way to enrage a hothead like that is to be unimpressed by the displays.

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    ROFL.
    I guarantee, the safest way to enrage a hothead like that is to be unimpressed by the displays.
    That has been my only experience with a person of that nature...it was enlightening. If you knew me, you would know that I would never instigate or invite that kind of situation, nor am I by nature rude, but sometimes we find ourselves in a situation without choice and we have to handle it. I did what I thought was best. Perhaps in the future she will hesitate before aggressively forcing another to 'engage' her when they make it obvious they would prefer not to

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

In casual off-work situations, people I dislike I simply avoid.

At work, people I dislikes but have to deal with, I usually deal with swiftly, get them away from me as soon as possible by any acceptable means possible. But without actually fracturing the relations. (Coupled with a lot of "Grow the fuck up" thoughts et al.)
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    In casual off-work situations, people I dislike I simply avoid.
    I do that as well, I think it is a natural 'conflict avoidance' trait. But, I also avoided a man I liked out of fear as well

MBTI
    nnnn

Your interpretation of that little piece says a lot about certain assumptions you make - "so what if it is a judgement" doesn't really apply to what I was trying to convey. It was meant as a description of my experiences or of actions rather than a judgement of the person or type an sich...I thought you might enjoy reading an outsider's perspective on INTP behaviour. I cannot at the end of the day judge people for what they essentially are though I might express annoyance/judgement at certain actions they perform.