User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    ohh I know this one.... My favorite Dir of HW RnD does the most awesome thing.

He stares at people like they are retarded, then say things that don't really make any sense to them but sound somewhat abstract and impressive. One liners mostly. To save face all the ENTPs and SJs pretend like they understand, wonder off lost and he gets shit done.

Our funniest conversation:

He: how many alpha instrument systems should i build?
    Me: 47, 32, 5, 18, 24.... I dont know, why would I know?
    He: I need one number
    Me: uh uh buddy, this is like the lotto, you get six numbers
    He: six it is.

then he wondered off.
    omg love...

haha!! why do i adore the nonsense so!? somebody help me!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    omg love...

haha!! why do i adore the nonsense so!? somebody help me!
    it seems to work with the intps. pure nonsense short circuits thier rational thought and they just stare...

and smile....

my intps at work are so freakin awesome.

However in my defense he and I am are supper buddies as I kicked the shit out of an entp who was effin the whole project up.

Mykick ass Te allowed him to get shit done so we work well together even if we communicate through subconcious means.

MBTI
    INFJ

Shit, after my friends realized he was annoying as fuck too, he wanted to watch a movie with us and my one friend convinced him we were going to do cocaine and have gay orgies (Wtf.) but this kid still wanted to hang around.
    Well if you ever directly reject his friend ship, he can always use this as blackmail.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    So, yeah, there was this annoying-ass dude who wanted to hang out with me and my friends more often.

Not that my style pertains to all INTP's, but this is what I would do around this guy:

I would insult his intelligence and not laugh afterwards.
    Be really brief when speaking to him.
    Avoid looking at him.

etc.

Shit, after my friends realized he was annoying as fuck too, he wanted to watch a movie with us and my one friend convinced him we were going to do cocaine and have gay orgies (Wtf.) but this kid still wanted to hang around. I eventually told him that he's okay if he's just chilling, but he tries way the fuck too hard and is annoying.

What boggles my mind is that he didn't understand what I was saying. (I know I'm being vague as hell here, but I don't really feel like getting into it...)

Anyways, what are your ways of showing disliking toward another person?
    Being judgemental is a sign of immaturity. You are obviously still stuck in your high school days.

In the business world , you always have to work with someone you intensely dislike, whether you want to or not. If someone is paying you you have to work along with him/her no matter how much you hate him. So you might as well learn to suck it up.

I find it even hard to dislike people. It wastes time and energy. I am usually accomodating unless there is a clash of interests. Even then I have to put up a polite front. Thats how the world works. I don't show it if I dislike someone unless its issues concerning leadership. This is about being political.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

If you really want to know what I do to people I dislike. I would use them as tools to carry out my own plans, while not showing any dislike toward them.

You sir, Blanmk would be one of these people.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

yeah, i have to agree with those who echo my sentiments when i say: If I don't like you, one suerfire sign is that I do not entertain any proposition or idea you shoot at me. It will sink ten times out of ten, just because you as a source have been deemed that vile. It's not a personal thing though, it's like a valve or something. Guess INFJs aren't the only ones who doorslam, in a manner of speaking!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I have seen this done to other people and have had it done to me. In the last case, I'm guilty of going up to them and talking with (at) them while wearing a knowing smile to bug them a little. I can't help but finding it childish in a very highschool clique-ish way (woe is you if you don't conform to Ti rules) to just cold-shoulder people like that. In my experience a judgement about the other person is often made based on very limited data and INTP-specific assumptions that need not necessarily apply to the other person.

(I don't mean to target you specifically Tallulah. It's just something that bothers me about a fair number of the INTPs I know, so quick to judge.)
    Oh, wow. I wouldn't do that, because that's a good way to get an INTP to be outright rude, which they're trying to avoid doing by simply avoiding. :-P Not to mention, they'll know what you're doing and really dislike you, whereas before, they probably didn't mean anything personal by it. Thing is, INTPs are rarely part of cliques anyway, so it's not so much a snobby thing as much as not really wanting to engage. All back to saving energy. My judgment about someone is either based upon that moment in time or based upon interaction or observation. It's possible for it to change later, but at the moment, I just want that person to keep their distance, and polite ignoring is the best way to go about it. I don't do it in an obvious cold shoulder way, though. Just sort of, "nothing personal, but I'm not in the mood." Usually it's just that we're in our heads and don't want to come out and play just because the other person is bored.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Anyone I dislike does not exist. Therefore, I don't dislike anyone.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I just don't engage with them at all. I might be polite enough to acknowledge they're alive, but it'll just be a glance and a perfunctory "yes" or "no." I send very clear signals that they should proceed no further.
    I have seen this done to other people and have had it done to me. In the last case, I'm guilty of going up to them and talking with (at) them while wearing a knowing smile to bug them a little. I can't help but finding it childish in a very highschool clique-ish way (woe is you if you don't conform to Ti rules) to just cold-shoulder people like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Oh, wow. I wouldn't do that, because that's a good way to get an INTP to be outright rude, which they're trying to avoid doing by simply avoiding. :-P Not to mention, they'll know what you're doing and really dislike you, whereas before, they probably didn't mean anything personal by it. Thing is, INTPs are rarely part of cliques anyway, so it's not so much a snobby thing as much as not really wanting to engage. All back to saving energy. My judgment about someone is either based upon that moment in time or based upon interaction or observation. It's possible for it to change later, but at the moment, I just want that person to keep their distance, and polite ignoring is the best way to go about it. I don't do it in an obvious cold shoulder way, though. Just sort of, "nothing personal, but I'm not in the mood."
    What lulah said. (wow, second time today)

Uytuun, it's a way of trying to be polite to someone you just can't stand. I'm a bit stand-offish with people I don't know very well, but I only do the polite ignoring thing if I really dislike someone, which is fairly rare.

The last time I did it was at work with a guy I had to be polite to, but he made my skin crawl every time he came and talked to me. It was a combination of him being unethical, extremely patronising towards all the women in the team, loud and clueless. The first two were deal breakers for me. I had to be civil to him because we worked in the same team but man, it was hard. Edit: Every woman in my team, bar one very tolerant ISTJ, had the same reaction to him.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

(I don't mean to target you specifically Tallulah. It's just something that bothers me about a fair number of the INTPs I know, so quick to judge.)
    How many INTPs do you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz