User Tag List

First 1234 Last

ThatGirl

I originally started attending college to take a class here and there for fun. Sort of an intellectual outlet. Since then I started to take it more seriously, and am trying to figure out the most practical application for my studies.

My assessment of college is this, 90% of what you learn is how to take the class, maybe 10% is new information. So going to college has become more of a means to an end than anything else.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I originally started attending college to take a class here and there for fun. Sort of an intellectual outlet. Since then I started to take it more seriously, and am trying to figure out the most practical application for my studies.

My assessment of college is this, 90% of what you learn is how to take the class, maybe 10% is new information. So going to college has become more of a means to an end than anything else.
    Well said.

I have met three ENTJs. Only one spent much time in academics-at west point teaching engineering. I dont ever recall meeting a strong ENTJ in grad school-lots of entps, intps and some INTJs. Maybe one-but it could have been she was an INTJ and culturally raised to be outspoken.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I suspect my aunt is an ENTJ and she greatly values higher education. She's very into status, and I think that is a part of it. That said, she dropped out of college and became more interested in moving up the corporate ladder.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

I'm reading That Girl's post saying to myself, this is not an ENTJ talking. It's an ENTP.

Then another ENTP follows up with: "Well said."

LOL.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Thank you! I've been feeling so weird about college lately. I just got accepted to a masters program in strategic communication and I didn't know what to do. I had a weird feeling about it, couldn't tell if I wanted to do it or not, and I couldn't identify that feeling until now. The bold part, is exactly how I feel about college at this moment.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I'm reading That Girl's post saying to myself, this is not an ENTJ talking. It's an ENTP.

Then another ENTP follows up with: "Well said."

LOL.

Does it count that the one B+ that fucked up my 4.0, due to a pissy teacher and scheduling conflict, made me want to kill somebody?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I suspect my aunt is an ENTJ and she greatly values higher education. She's very into status, and I think that is a part of it. That said, she dropped out of college and became more interested in moving up the corporate ladder.
    Yes, yes and yes. That's been my thing up till now as well. I've been so focused on getting a bachelors degree, that I've just been pushing towards that goal without any regards to actually enjoying what I'm studying. I think the same thing is happening with my masters degree - I want that degree because I know it's a good investment in my future. But right now I can't commit to two more years of studying. I need a break. And by break I mean taking various classes and job-hunting.

Does it count that the one B+ that fucked up my 4.0, due to a pissy teacher and scheduling conflict, made me want to kill somebody?

You just proved my point and you don't even see why.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You just proved my point and you don't even see why.
    Does it count that it happened because I was working six days a week, full time college at night, and only missed one quiz? That when asking to make that up all the teacher could do was door slam me with a story about when he lost HIS 4.0.