User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 17 of 17

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am wondering if people over enought time accept the idea that they lose debetes and arguments against certain people.


    All opinions are welcome.
    I have, and now have a great respect/admiration for INTJs. When I see Lawrence O'Donnell massacre some hothead with fantastic logic, I want to cheer!

  2. #12
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am curious. Why people see strong displays of Te as anger?
    In my experience, it's because of the tendencies of Te to lose perspective, leading to pyrrhic victories. Just by association, it becomes an emotional issue.

    In the early phases of dealing with my wife's "Te" (which manifests vastly different than yours - I'd hesitate to denote your tendencies as just Te), I had to break the habit of letting her simply pushing till she got what she wanted. It is "angry", in a sense, as it is hostile. A contest of wills, where Te gets upset the world isn't just following along. After telling her that it was inappropriate and immature way of being in a relationship, she stopped. (Likewise, I had to be more assertive in what I wanted... such is growth.)

    In business, I see this Te closed mindedness a lot. Normally by independents, as they tend to be... uhh... antisocial and don't cooperate well with others. When it is severe, the only way I know to deal with it is to cut off their alternatives. The best I can do is offer a good alternative to them but that's rarely effective unless I've already dealt with the original plan. More balanced Te users will be willing to negotiate (I'm looking at ENTJs here especially), so long as what they identify as the end goal is met. But even in those cases, they have to have been taught not to be confrontational as a MO... a lot of work seminars seem to revolve around this theme. It's hard to convince them that everyone is trying to work towards a goal. (see: your thread on "just winning and people getting upset")

    After a lot of experience with different Te's, I would agree with "angry" for a great many of them. I suspect it is because at the uncontrolled core, it is 'anger'... anger at anything that stands against the Te's world view. Maybe frustration is a better word, I dunno.

  3. #13
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp
    Posts
    8,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    In my experience, it's because of the tendencies of Te to lose perspective, leading to pyrrhic victories. Just by association, it becomes an emotional issue.

    In the early phases of dealing with my wife's "Te" (which manifests vastly different than yours - I'd hesitate to denote your tendencies as just Te), I had to break the habit of letting her simply pushing till she got what she wanted. It is "angry", in a sense, as it is hostile. A contest of wills, where Te gets upset the world isn't just following along. After telling her that it was inappropriate and immature way of being in a relationship, she stopped. (Likewise, I had to be more assertive in what I wanted... such is growth.)

    In business, I see this Te closed mindedness a lot. Normally by independents, as they tend to be... uhh... antisocial and don't cooperate well with others. When it is severe, the only way I know to deal with it is to cut off their alternatives. The best I can do is offer a good alternative to them but that's rarely effective unless I've already dealt with the original plan. More balanced Te users will be willing to negotiate (I'm looking at ENTJs here especially), so long as what they identify as the end goal is met. But even in those cases, they have to have been taught not to be confrontational as a MO... a lot of work seminars seem to revolve around this theme. It's hard to convince them that everyone is trying to work towards a goal. (see: your thread on "just winning and people getting upset")

    After a lot of experience with different Te's, I would agree with "angry" for a great many of them. I suspect it is because at the uncontrolled core, it is 'anger'... anger at anything that stands against the Te's world view. Maybe frustration is a better word, I dunno.

    I can see your point. You are right about that game of risk, that was clear overuse of Te. But in my defence I did that only once and I did it because they were sure that they will win.

    The thing is that I am unusual Te user (at leat I think so ). Which is because I am very introverted and calm. So instead I come as arrogant prick I come more as an elitist. What in a way is true.

    This is why I have a problem with the "anger" part. Since in my case it has almost nothing to do with anger.

  4. #14
    Senior Member ptgatsby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    This is why I have a problem with the "anger" part. Since in my case it has almost nothing to do with anger.
    I hear you. I have something similar to this as well... although I have to "let" myself feel in order to let "me" out.

    It's strange for friends, since I'm more myself around them. But it's strongly at odds of a very strong non-emotional framework that is my identity/who I am. I think that it is kind of the opposite from you - I switch in and out of being 'emotional' (I mean as simple as "being friendly") like a lightswitch.

    This gets me labeled as being angry, even though anger is the worst description for it.

    (Strictly speaking, mine is more a defensive mechanism that has generalized... but :p )

  5. #15
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    In my free time I am creating models of what could happen for 21.century and I try to predict what will happen.
    Also I have quite strong interests in the matters of space, time, far future and theory of everything.
    Me 2.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  6. #16
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Other people (without strong Te) cannot possibly speak as logically or hold up their own in that way against someone with strong Te. Because of this they feel intimidated as their own weakness is underlined. The person with the strong Te becomes powerful in their logical mastery and when one person's power increases it can feel threatening to other people in the vicinity. Those people might respond defensively, misconstruing Te as an attempt to attack or gain power over them. That help?
    you got that right.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Galusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?
    Posts
    204

    Default

    When I go nuts with my bouts of Te, people tend to see it as argumentative instead of simply realizing that this is a different way of understanding people. My ENFP and INxP roommates tend to ask questions instead, but I find it easier to just follow a subject (my favorites being law and politics) until the other person is forced to reveal their cards, their logic. FJs tend to give me some problems with this, yes, and so sometimes a mediator is necessary.

    Unrestrained Te, if an INTJ is to be believed, is like a lightsaber, while Ti is like a flashlight. Even if Ti sees the problem, they don't feel as if they're equipped to confront an NTJ, which is essentially like Darth Maul and his double-saber of awesome power. And if being unprepared and defenseless = innocence, I'd like to keep the Te, thanks

Similar Threads

  1. [Se] NTJs and their Se
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2016, 09:24 AM
  2. NTPs and NTJs: Do you feel closer to each other, or to STPs and STJs?
    By Zarathustra in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2010, 04:38 PM
  3. [NT] ntj's and political ambition
    By velocity in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 03:28 PM
  4. Man beheads and cannibalizes bus passenger, walks away innocent
    By BlackCat in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 09:29 AM
  5. [NT] NTJs and treating people like pawns
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 09:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO