• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs Blowing Hot and Cold??

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Logic + Emotion = NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

We do this shizzit. Sorry :(

Just keep on asking to hang out every once in a while, check in every now and then, and act cool when they don't respond. Kay?

Chin up and stuff.

((You're not the problem here...))

juggernaut

Permabanned
I'm sure I appear to run hot and cold, but sometimes I just know it's better for me to hurt a person's feelings a little by just telling them I don't want to hang out rather than hang out and be a million miles a way mentally. If I'm really caught up in a project or working through some idea, it's just easier for everyone to let me be. The one exception, of course, is my children. The older ones are really good at sensing when I'm here physically but not entirely here mentally and are finally old enough to understand it's just a matter of being psychologically busy. The youngest is still small enough that his needs will wrench me away from my own preoccupations. As soon as he crawls into my bed or up onto my lap, I'm back. Fortunately two of the three are NTs themselves so have their own little realities to occupy them most of the time.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I thought this was a dirty joke at first....... Actually had to read the thread to get the gist.

People say I do this, that I will be warm and lively and then take it personally when I disappear. It's really not personal, and I would see it as more of a matter of distance (near vs far) than (cold vs hot). I still like them, my interest in them probably hasn't waned if I call them a friend. I am just somewhere else in my head. Doesn't change the attachment I feel to them. The distance is a good thing, and if someone is uncomfortable with it, I'm cool with them asking so I can be honest and try to build understanding.