• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] What does an unhealthy INTJ look like?

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unhealty intj and intj with a bad day is not the same i think..

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
I just withdraw into my inner world, which becomes progressively bleak. Not pretty.

A

Anew Leaf

I may not be an INTJ but I have dated 3 of them and all were unhealthy in their own awesome INtJ way.

INTJ 1 was my first major boyfriend. Everything seemed to be going great for about a month (I was 19 so at this point a month was srs bsns). And then one day he switched his sleeping schedule from normal day night to the opposite so that he could avoid me. I may be an INFP who dislikes confrontation but I try to meet this kind of crap head-on, so I asked WTF was going on. His reply consisted of a giant tear down of my entire person... How he thought I was weird, how he didn't like me, and could have stopped there but just kept going. At the end of two horrifying hours (what can I say in my defense other than now I know better) he told me that this was an experiment of his to see how much pain he could inflict on me until I broke down. He created my new interptation of INTJ to read "I'm a NErd Type Jerk."

iNTJ #2 isolated himself when he failed at college. He ignored me, pushed me away, pushed his family away. He would pick fights with me over small, stupid stuff... Nit picking everything I did for him. I didn't cook right, my sock drawer wasn't organized, I never thought about what he needed etc. He ended up moving back with his parents... 1000 miles away... So I broke up with him. It took him 8 months to figure out we were over. Today I still chat with him as a friend, but he is still unhealthy. His response to my question of why my dad was dating so soon after my mom died was that he didn't think my dad loved my mom and probably was relieved she was dead.

iNTJ #3 was awesome for about a month (dun dun dun) while he was trying to get me to date him. I finally said yes, everything was ok for a few dates. Then he said he loved me (mildly freaking me out) and his response was to go ape shit crazy to prove (lol?) that he didn't love me. All the while getting super jealous if any guy gave me attention... And calling me every day to tell me how he needed his space from me.... When my response was "ok go for it."

Here is to hoping the next guy i date is a healthy NT for once :). My resistance to an NT is futile.

Xandford

MBTI Type
INTJ
Today I still chat with him as a friend, but he is still unhealthy. His response to my question of why my dad was dating so soon after my mom died was that he didn't think my dad loved my mom and probably was relieved she was dead.
HAHAHAH JEEZ!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Evasive. Paranoid. Hypercritical. Misogynistic (really unhealthy in INTJ females! :wink:) Little man behind big curtain.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dated one unhealthy INTJ as well. (Who ended up being diagnosed bipolar, so... I'll try to leave out the stuff that could be blamed by the fact that he was bipolar, not INTJ.) Well, first he was really into himself. Very pseudo intellectual. Used to talk about theology a lot, (had a theology degree) I knew nothing about it. But then he would start saying all this medical information that was completely false. I had to correct him a few times. (Trying to impress a nurse by showing her what you think the blood flow through the heart is... Bad idea.) I slowly found over time that he just bullshitted A LOT. He had a few really geeky but nice friends, who he made fun of a lot, saying, "I'm going to get new friends, I can do better", when one of the friend's later told me that they only hung out with him because he's been around a while and they just tolerated him. He used to say really rude things about people. Make crude comments and claim that no one laughed because it was over their head. He used to be kind of fake, too. His identity was mixed up with his money and the stuff he owned. Not too much substance. He overestimated all his abilities.. (AKA when kayaking once.. "I don't need a life jacket because I'm a good swimmer because I had all this training in the air force blah blah blah." Later, falls off the boat. Almost drowns. Needs me to holler for someone quick to come get him.) Lots of little stories like that. No insight into situations or people. No insight into himself. Needed to be in counseling, had been for ten years, and got nowhere. I think he just went so he could talk about himself.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
But, you see, no one said he was perfect.

As for the suicide, some would say that suicide, instead of an act of cowardice, is a final act of bravery; as cowardice often prevents it.

It wasn't about 'courage'......nor is the INTJ personality about physical courage......it is about control.......the act of suicide is about exerting control......when all else had failed, Hitler could demonstrate control one last time by consciously choosing how he died, and denying others of the ability to make that choice.

Sorry for the long delay in my response.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
Not only was Hilter an evil irrational asshole but both he and Stalin ignored reality. When their advisors and generals tried to warn them of impeding disasters, these were many times, they were threaten by execution.

That's because under stress INTJ's become inflexible and refuse to accept alternatives......they become too quick to make decisions without looking at all the facts......Hitler was most definitely stressed as it all began to collapse around him........typical of an INTJ.

uncommonentity

Unhealthy:
lollerf.png

&
eyedea.png

&
breakingbad21.jpg

Healthy:
christianbalefilm450x30.jpg

&
hannibal.jpg

&
drdre20080723300x300.jpg

And in regards to Hitler/Dexter LOL.

Neither are INTJ, both SUPER NOOBS.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

deborah0101

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thank you, Highlander for letting Lex Talionis know that he did not do his research on the differences between INTJ's, psychopaths, and sociopaths. Perhaps he is an INFJ instead of an INTJ as he claims. I say this because his assumptions are based on feeling rather than knowledge or logic.

deborah0101

MBTI Type
INTJ
sgtmac... uh, you could not be more wrong. INTJ's are rarely inflexible, are well known to accept objective criticism because they are always searching for truth, and never make decisions without looking at all the facts. We look ahead to see how our actions today will affect tomorrow. Hitler and Stalin were both either psychopaths or sociopaths. They are labeled INTJ by the ignorant without either of them ever having taken the test.

deborah0101

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ's do not "attempt" to alienate themselves. INTJ's are introverts, and prefer their own company as opposed to being overloaded with the everyday mundane of other peoples problems. INTJ's do not understand the drama associated with a setback because they have an internal mechanism that kicks in to give them solutions. That internal mechanism is called logic. Small talk is boring, therefore we prefer not to be bothered by socially inept conversation, and avoid it by avoiding social situations. All INTJ's use sarcasm. As sciguy stated: that's how we deal with the stupids.

Alea_iacta_est

INTJ's do not "attempt" to alienate themselves. INTJ's are introverts, and prefer their own company as opposed to being overloaded with the everyday mundane of other peoples problems. INTJ's do not understand the drama associated with a setback because they have an internal mechanism that kicks in to give them solutions. That internal mechanism is called logic. Small talk is boring, therefore we prefer not to be bothered by socially inept conversation, and avoid it by avoiding social situations. All INTJ's use sarcasm. As sciguy stated: that's how we deal with the stupids.

Agreed on that point. The internal mechanism is introverted intuition, however, as logic is the go-to for T-doms, specifically IxTP.

Last edited:

deborah0101

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, the T-doms are based on logic, however when INTP's use logic to grasp complexity, it will usually lead them to provide overly detailed explanations of simple ideas which is illogical to an INTJ. INTJ's do not care about details. It's the end result that matters. My T is 100%, therefore logic takes precedence over intuition, and will kick intuition in the ass every time.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, the T-doms are based on logic, however when INTP's use logic to grasp complexity, it will usually lead them to provide overly detailed explanations of simple ideas which is illogical to an INTJ. INTJ's do not care about details. It's the end result that matters. My T is 100%, therefore logic takes precedence over intuition, and will kick intuition in the ass every time.
Your first few sentences are consistent with theory and common observed behavior from both types. The highlighted, however, is not. First, our scores on the dichotomies represent preferences, not usages or behaviors. So, a T score of 100% (which I often have also) means our preference for T is very much stronger than for F. It really doesn't say anything about the relationship between T and N, even if our N score is lower. T cannot really supplant N since they serve different purposes: one judges, the other perceives. As introverts we really will lead with our highest introverted function. Otherwise, we would be ENTJs.

It can be hard to see Ni in action for a couple of reasons. First, as an introverted function, it is internal, almost invisible unless one analyzes cognitive processes very well. Second, since it is our first function, we are most comfortable with it and can easily take it for granted, almost like breathing or the circulation of our blood. Te, on the other hand, is all about externalizing. It plays a critical role in processing the results of Ni for public consumption. Indeed, one of its jobs when it is working well is to "kick intuition in the ass", getting it to wake up to external reality, sanity-check its visions, and avoid conspiracy theories, Ni-Fi loops, etc.