User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

medusas are worth a lot of experience points

are unhealthy INTJs worth a lot of experience points?

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    medusas are worth a lot of experience points

are unhealthy INTJs worth a lot of experience points?
    Probably.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    Probably.
    brb adventuring

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    brb adventuring
    Be warned... I am a boss type. Best level up a tad more, lest you get one-shotted.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It's ok, my DM was Gary Gygax.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Irrational logic. where the overriding logic is facilitated with irrational thinking to the extreme.

Like my father whose compulsions and ability to brainwash are second to none. For instance for the last year he consistently brainwashed me to think like him. Insisted that putting money in stocks is the way to go. Which would of made sense before the financial instability. Then he goes to great lengths in explaining how it'll get better, I have super foresight, why I predicted the mining boom thats why I wanted to live in Australia and blah blah blah. Which is all very well and good to predict what is going to happen, except he should predict whats in front of his nose first, it would help. Then my question is why didn't he buy mining stocks before they fell out if he's that good.

So then he borrows money and invests. I don't really have any to do so but he was kind enough to get me to give him some that I'm unlikely to see again. And in the end he says, hay you know maybe those 1000+ hours, when I lived with him, I tried to convince you to put money into stocks was an oversight. I'm done with stocks as he cuts his loses after a year, yesterday. Hay, ah, I need a backup, you have enough money to get me out of shit right? I just say yes to put his irrational logic at ease. To do any less would see him get into a panic so profound that, I had been in one too many of those. He needs to feel, rather think he is secure and correct or he goes off.

When he gets into his panic tantrums I tried rational, say okay then if your primary function is logic then how can these mood swings you have be rational. Which calms him down a little but not enough because he then goes on a yelling spree for many hours, days, weeks in some instances of total abuse. You can tell he is sick just by looking at his eyes, they are kind of mad. I tend to think he is bipolar asperger which is related to other things. But then he somehow rubs everyone up the creek innocently.

Which can be an INTJ trait with what I call their truth-sayer syndrome, except my brother is unhealthy too but has rational logic. Tells it like it is but forgets to consider everything else in his single mindedness. Cold, biting, so much so he finds it a kindness when he digs so deep into me that he is doing me a favour by explaining why everything I say is incorrect. But of course he says he would never do it with his friends because then he would have none. He just does it with me because I am family.

Then we had a falling out last year over a barbecue and his supposed ant infestation, which was me being lazy and not taking it back from his place to parents house. But he knew dad wanted it by Christmas anyway, funny how the worst of his antics happened a few weeks before Christmas.

He then wanted to teach me a principle how wrong that was. Which is immature, but then he only likes to emotionally blackmail me. When all he needed to do was ask a friend or dad to help take it back if it bothered him that much.

I say when was the last time he helped me, then he uses the one time he helps me as a precedent, but of course dismisses all the help I've given him as insignificant because he helped me one time. Then he goes I'll never help you ever again, weird considering I stopped asking for help and he asks for help as much as dad. I know I would have taken it back had he asked me to properly. But he did it in such a way, that I refused because it didn't damage his property or cause harm in any way shape or form. Of course me unfriending him on facebook didn't cause a blip for months, all of a sudden it matters because of his public image. When clearly he hardly uses it, neither do I.

Its worse when they both gang up on me, feels like INTJ mental gang rape. hahaha. Am I ever glad I don't have more INTJ family in Australia, and let me tell you back home in Europe, my family tree is littered with them. But I tend to think there is a twisted gene in the family tree.

Every time either of my intj family are around I shouldn't have to put up my guards and feel defensive around them, but I do. I feel uneasy spending time with them because they drain my energy like emotional vampires even though they deal with logic. Satisfied only when my energy is sapped and malleable for their influence on me. They can't comprehend why I don't think like them. That is why my mother deserves getting abused by both of them whenever she opens her mouth, its like a knee jerk reaction now.

Bad!

MBTI
    INTJ

Sounds pretty bad. I complain about the lack of help I get from my siblings, particularly my brother, except mine is justified, because he does very little work and uses sparse examples of help, saying he has to do it all the time or every time except he definitely does not. Put forward any rational evidence and he groans and walks off. Most of this is helping out with caring for my dad, who is paralysed from MND. I dunno what type my brother is, probably not INTJ, maybe ISFP? INFP? Not too healthy anyway.

Why am I writing this? Noone cares lol.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    I'm sure that's true for all types, but there is a huge difference between "impulsive Se-oriented behavior" and blowing someone up.
    Well no, most types do not have Se as a tert/inf function, just NJs.

I already agreed INTJs are less likely to resort to terrorism, as they have less of a need for personal interaction than most types.

The point was that Se can lead to some pretty angry outbursts that are very inconsistent with typical INTJ behavior.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Well no, most types do not have Se as a tert/inf function, just NJs.

I already agreed INTJs are less likely to resort to terrorism, as they have less of a need for personal interaction than most types.

The point was that Se can lead to some pretty angry outbursts that are very inconsistent with typical INTJ behavior.
    Semantics aside my point is that I don't believe only INTJs are subject to emotional outbursts. If you're saying only INTJs act angry, emotional, and immature when unhealthy and pushed then I have to disagree. If that's not what you're saying then I apologize.

Either way if only INTJ's are subject to se-dominated-like (or whatever we want to call it) outbursts then most actors, athletes, musicians, and trust fund babies are INTJs... "TO", Naomie Camble, Britney Spears, and Sean Penn would make interesting additions to the INTJ lot imho... although we will have to find interesting ways to explain away some of their other behaviors.

So my only point is that I personally don't see the distinctive line between the unhealthy behaviors of the types as others seem to or to put it more bluntly I believe that there is a lot of overlap with the types since we are all human after all....

ReflecTcelfeR

I have tried to interject my next statement into threads similiar to this one. Although thought does lead to action. These types (Myer-Briggs in general) aren't meant to describe action so much as describing the gathering of information. Therefore I would presume that these personality profiles are what these Psychologists saw as logical decisions that each thought processing function would take. So I would say that you are right Spin, but nonetheless the meaning of these types are too detect your preferred processes and the functions of an INTJ may not lend themselves to physical aggression unless unhealthy, so the difference between the 'healthy' and 'unhealthy' INTJ type is physical aggression. Am I understanding this correctly?