• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] What does an unhealthy INTJ look like?

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
You best be jokin'

well imagine an INTJ with a strong crush on an INTP. I've had personal experience and seen one strong example on this forum to back me up that "clingy" can be the result.

like I say though I think unhealthy INTJ's can go to both extremes. I've seen the "evil genius" type and the "emotional" type.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hey that's me right? I agree, I'm pretty unhealthy mentally but I don't really show it so you probably couldn't tell if you met me in real life.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
well imagine an INTJ with a strong crush on an INTP. I've had personal experience and seen one strong example on this forum to back me up that "clingy" can be the result.

like I say though I think unhealthy INTJ's can go to both extremes. I've seen the "evil genius" type and the "emotional" type.

I just don't see an INTJ becoming clingy in such a situation. We generally hate clinginess, and blatant hypocrisy is not high on the list of virtues either. Even an unhealthy one would be much more inclined to play the hot n cold game to such a degree that the attraction is never revealed, out of fear. It sounds to me like this is either simply yet another case of a mistyped INTJ or just a person with severe personality disorder(s), rendering MBTI useless in any case.

sculpting

Hey that's me right? I agree, I'm pretty unhealthy mentally but I don't really show it so you probably couldn't tell if you met me in real life.

Are you really an enfp? :D That was the most enfp thing I have ever seen. tcda be careful about the clingy description....it doesnt ring quite true...although maybe Ti/Fe sees it sort of that way...?

(INTJs like touch a lot-inferior Se-but only with very close others, thus cuddly-maybe, but not clingy)

I'd suggest first an unhealthy INTJ would use a shitload of Se and be Se-ish . Then they would progress to a beebe shadow entp state and be Ne-ish to get into mischief and be paranoid.

(Albeit I keep meeting INTJs who are using Ne productively in a transcedent manner...)

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An unhealthy INTJ is that geek who secretly despises the world and never shows it just sits there in school and then one day goes ape shit and kills loads of people!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is bullshit. There is absolutely no correlation between being an INT and killing people. I would say extraverted feelers without social connections are more likely to go on a rampage, but I'm sure this is also debatable.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Bitter, alone, lonely, angry, sociopathic, misanthropic, megalomaniac.

Duh!

:huh:

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I just don't see an INTJ becoming clingy in such a situation. We generally hate clinginess, and blatant hypocrisy is not high on the list of virtues either. Even an unhealthy one would be much more inclined to play the hot n cold game to such a degree that the attraction is never revealed, out of fear. It sounds to me like this is either simply yet another case of a mistyped INTJ or just a person with severe personality disorder(s), rendering MBTI useless in any case.

definitely not mistyped, but yes this person I am refering to IRL does have mental health problems.

goodgrief - I didn't mean it any rudeness by it. ;) to be hopnest I had infatuations in the past and had pretty much the same problems you do. it's jsut that in your case with her being an INTP, it seems like it should be resolved by now, or something. IDK. :s

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is bullshit. There is absolutely no correlation between being an INT and killing people. I would say extraverted feelers without social connections are more likely to go on a rampage, but I'm sure this is also debatable.

from most of the descriptions of kids in the US who go on killing rampages, very few seem to be extraverted feelers...

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
What does an unhealthy INTJ look like?

in their own mind:
dr-manhattan-watchmen.jpg

In reality:
assclown.jpg

disclaimer: the above also applies to every other personality type

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm incredibly tempted to place a few links to a few user profiles, but have a feeling that would be unwise :devil:

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Supreme INTJ Lex?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
from most of the descriptions of kids in the US who go on killing rampages, very few seem to be extraverted feelers...

Exactly, because of your twisted perception of extraverted feelers. Those who need people and human warmth and can't get any of it will turn out to be desperate and miserable.

Forget the movie cliches about the evil genius and all this bullshit, I know it's really romantic and tragic and whatnot, but not applicable to real life. ITJs usually do not need the same degree of attachment as other types. They may be quiet and misanthropic, but won't blow your ass up if they hate you, because they don't really fucking care.