User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Results 121 to 130 of 185

  1. #121
    Senior Member Robopop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    690

    Default

    If Hilter was so great, why did he make all kinds of irrational decisions that cost him world war 2. And then he took the cowardly way out and killed himself. You aspire to be like that, Hilter is NO badass, more like a dickass coward.

  2. #122
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    What does an unhealthy INTJ look like?
    I learned to shave without a mirror, when I was in the army.
    I still shave without a mirror.

    It is not my concern what I look like. It is the concern of the other.

  3. #123
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Please, please, understand both his statement and my response before you quote me to offer something irrelevant. He employed a straw man argument, interpreting sgtmac's statement at face value - most likely on purpose - instead of taking it within the greater context of the argument: that one can distinguish based on observable and known characteristics; which is more than reasonable, as it is our primary mode of inference.
    I was also referring to face value. You had nothing to do with the comment I was making, it was simply directed towards sgtmac's and Jaguar's discussion. He replied to the comment the way he saw it. You could have politely pointed out what sgtmac was saying. Even if Jag was trying to be a smart ass; did you ever consider "what if he wasn't"? People see only what they think you want them to see, there is always the risk of miscommunication. : )

    and to take the argument into "greater context",

    Are you more likely to define one as being INTJ after close observation? yes. Does that mean because he types them as being INTJ after close observation that they are? No.
    It's not reasonable, at all, to generally type someone. We are talking about theoretical types here not a proven science.

    Hitler may have shared a lot of INTJ traits, and he probably was a theoretical INTJ. He was organized, determined, ambitious, but also, arrogant, elitist, racist and hateful. )
    are those also INTJ traits?
    No.

    Being INTJ doesn't define people, people define themselves; and Hitler was unique. I'm not telling you who I think you are; you know yourself. Nevertheless, you are likely nothing like Hitler, you may share some traits,as do plenty of people, but I'm hoping they are of efficiency-related attributes, and nothing else.

    Hope that clarified some things.

  4. #124
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    So all the ENTPs, ENTJs, INTJs, and me (INTP) on this thread that disagree with you are wrong, am I correct?
    First of all no non-INTJ ever has any valid or meaningful ideas on anything, ever, and secondly...yes.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  5. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    481

    Default

    There was a LOOONG thread on Hitlers MBTI ages ago, and it quite convincingly had most people agreeing he was INFJ.

  6. #126
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    No, you quite clearly have no understanding of the manifestation of type functions and are basing your assertions solely off of your own perception, mismatching type characteristics to suit the impression you received. Your entire argument is incomprehensible. You have some nerve to state that he lacks knowledge of Hitler, especially in the face of such irony.
    All I had to do was read this... you have shown me more foolishness to a point where I'm writing this reply to you out of will power alone. Funny how you assume what I assume while most of your assumptions are false. I don't like arguing with the ignorant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    God only knows what this fruit nut thinks about women, minorities, and the handicap.
    I was thinking the same thing.

  7. #127
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    No, you quite clearly have no understanding of the manifestation of type functions and are basing your assertions solely off of your own perception, mismatching type characteristics to suit the impression you received. Your entire argument is incomprehensible. You have some nerve to state that he lacks knowledge of Hitler, especially in the face of such irony.

    Hitler was introverted, which we know from his own descriptions of himself and those who knew him. During his stay in Vienna as a young man, he spent much time alone reading books and visiting opera houses, and arguing his political stances with Marxist workers. Hitler was described as a polite and reserved individual by those who knew him most intimately. He was a theoretician and was bored in school, preferring to plot his own course of action; wishing to become an artist. He was highly critical, enjoyed reading scientific and technical works, and was not averse to engaging in heated arguments. He was clearly an organizational planner, a TeJ, and the second volume of Mein Kampf was entirely devoted to the structure and organization of the NSDAP. To claim that Hitler was a P is the height of ignorance and absurdity. There is absolutely no indication that he was a P, considering that he led a very structured (mentally, if not always physically due to his poverty) and goal oriented life, especially in the fact that he implanted his own goal oriented idealism into his movement. Ps are simply not the type of individuals who concern themselves with planning and organizing movements based on hard struggle, which make value judgments and may be considered "narrow minded" by the "liberated" Ps. I find proof of this claim in both the theoretical construct of the perceiving type, and in the fact that modern day Ps, especially NPs, are individualistic by nature, and embrace either humanitarian or libertarian philosophies, and not philosophies that would require them to sacrifice their lives for a greater movement, much less one which demands the obedience and discipline of National Socialism. Ps could never lead, or hope to conceive, of such a disciplined political philosophy that rejects individualistic nonsense, and in the case of NFs, political correctness and the humanist delusion. Not to mention the fact that I don't know any NP who concerns himself with political endeavour, least of all NFPs. INFJs and ENFJs are also out of the question for the same reason that all the feelers are: they are much too easily swayed by the utopian idealism of Marxism rather than the idealism of Hegel or Kant, or the humanism of Kierkegaard over the existentialism of Nietzsche, and prefer social harmony over realistic social structure which involves hierarchy. Besides, Fs are much too cowardly and averse to conflict and social stigma to involve themselves, much less lead, in a movement as aggressive as National Socialism; again, we see this truth in modern day Fs, especially of the NF variety. Have you heard of the F├╝hrerprinzip? Does this notion strike you as P? It was developed by Hitler.

    I don't understand the association with extroversion simply because he was capable of moving crowds. Are you serious? Can introverts not be motivational speakers? Introversion has no bearing on one's ability to lead movements or speak to crowds. According to your logic, introverts could never be in positions of power, despite the fact that they are more than likely overrepresented in political/military leadership roles. Speaking to a crowd and moving it simply means that you understand crowd dynamics and are capable of transferring your passion unto the crowd. Extroverts are no better at this than introverts. Extroverts may make for better clowns, but not for better motivational speakers. Also, will you honestly make the argument that Hitler was extroverted due to the fact that he attended parties and celebrations throughout his political career? Honestly? Is this not ridiculous? He was a statesman! What do you expect!?

    Organizing movements as exclusive as the NSDAP is highly NTJ. Hitler did not concern himself with pandering to those he considered "parliamentary simpletons."

    Regardless, there is little point in continuing, because as sgtmac stated, Hitler was without a doubt an INTJ. The INTJ personality fits what is known of Hitler through his close associates, his manifesto, his many speeches, his letters, and apparently his OSS profile, best.
    This is a reasonably compelling argument. Don't get the leap in logic with the bolded part above though. I wonder why so many people would disagree in the poll that was taken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Unlike most individuals, I don't shy away from Hitler simply because he is considered a "madman" according to mainstream "wisdom."

    I, for one, am proud to have Hitler as somebody who shared my personality. Whether or not you disagree with him, hate him, or love him, his passion, determination, intelligence, organization, and courage are traits which bring out the best in my type.
    Mostly, that someone like this could arise to a position of power in the human race is extremely disturbing to me, let alone have them be the same type. Results are what matter and there is nothing to be admired unless you admire evil.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You know, I think we've found the answer to this thread's inquiry...(but the question would be more accurate if we added "obnoxious", "annoying", and "oblivious to the sheer irony of his own lack of self-awareness" to the list.)
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Unlike most individuals, I don't shy away from Hitler simply because he is considered a "madman" according to mainstream "wisdom."

    I, for one, am proud to have Hitler as somebody who shared my personality. Whether or not you disagree with him, hate him, or love him, his passion, determination, intelligence, organization, and courage are traits which bring out the best in my type.
    WTF? since when is suicide linked to determination or courage? It isn't as if he went down brave heart style fighting alongside his men. Intelligence? Organization? How does one explain the clusterfuck that was his military campaign. Passion, okay I'll give you that one, but passion alone does not produce results. You can passionately want to be the most powerful man in the world and still end up committing suicide in the midst of a failed military campaign. I think if we examine his earlier "successes" objectively we won't see many of the positive traits associated with him in your post.

    edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    If Hilter was so great, why did he make all kinds of irrational decisions that cost him world war 2. And then he took the cowardly way out and killed himself. You aspire to be like that, Hilter is NO badass, more like a dickass coward.
    oops somebody already said all of that. So, what robopop said.

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Not to mention a purpoeseless hate of some people simply because they were slightly different looking and had slightly different beliefs.

  10. #130
    Pose! Salt n' pepper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    like a dead cockroach

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] What does an unhealthy INFP look like?
    By KarenParker in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 252
    Last Post: 12-19-2016, 12:16 PM
  2. [ISFJ] ISFJ Personality Traits - What does an unhealthy ISFJ look like?
    By chatoyer in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 09:23 AM
  3. [ESFP] What does an unhealthy ESFP look like?
    By KarenParker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-15-2014, 04:47 PM
  4. [ENFP] What does an UNhealthy ENFP look like?
    By Betty Blue in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 02:19 AM
  5. [ISFJ] What does an unhealthy ISFJ look like?
    By KarenParker in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 08:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO