User Tag List

First 12

Thread: failing @life

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Oh, not my best friends. It's just my family for me personally where I do this. Relations you're just stuck with regardless. (And I come from a fairly small town, with all these annoying traditions and habits that I just totally dislike.). But out of respect for the fact they are family, I do put up with them. And the jabs, like I said, are always fairly harmless, and often surprisingly well received, despite inner intentions.

With my best friends I never have these problems, because I enjoy being with them, and I don't care where I am then.

MBTI
    istp

... Some times it's the case that the girl that likes you wants to show you off every single time, or wants you to overly pay attention to her life/needs, especially when she's with the girlfriends. Can get a little edgy.
    my gf is esxj so it's normal for her to be like that... and I like her anyway. I like her
    company, not just as sex tool.
    We've been together for almost 2 yrs now, sometimes she is clingy but she seems to be ok... I hope -_-

That's a whole lot of angst and hate going on, especially towards the womenfolk. Is there anything you like about these women (besides the nookie)?
    One is a heavy introvert, she is silent, she is not into the cheek-kiss-everyone norm. AND she is foreign, which explains everything.

Unfortunately, in my life there is a pattern of not liking the women of my city/area.

My gf is from the south, like most of her friends and relatives, and I've always felt more at home with them. Maybe it's not so hard to honour the social norms with them because I actually like them.
    In my country there are big differences in people of north and south regions. I am myself of southern origins (my father moved when he was 17) so maybe this explains why I always felt so out of place with companies of locals.

Where in the world is there is a custom where you have to kiss people? Probably the Italians, those lunatics.
    You got it :|

Quote Originally Posted by pardo View Post
    my gf is esfj so it's normal... and I like her anyway. I like her
    We've been together for almost 2 yrs now, sometimes she is clingy
    but she seems to be ok... I hope -_-

One is a heavy introvert, she is silent, she is not
    into the cheek-kiss-everyone norm. AND she is foreign, which explains everything.
    Unfortunately, in my life there is a pattern of not liking the women of my city/area.
    My gf is from the south, like most of her friends and relatives, and I've always felt more at home with them. Maybe it's not so hard to honour the social norms with them because I actually like them.
    In my country there are big differences in people of north and south regions. I am myself of southern origins (my father moved when he was 17) so maybe this explains why I always felt so out of place with companies of locals.

One thought: the more out of place you think you feel, the more out of place you'll show in your thoughts/actions. Which will exaggerate the condition.

One of the coolest things about differences is, paradoxically, there's always a common thread stringing randomly irrelevant things together (esp. people)....if you deem it worthy enough to make an effort to look for that common thread.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm similar to you. I don't like faking for anyone and often call attention to empty, superficial rituals like small talk and BS compliments ("did you lose weight?"). People think I'm a jerk while I think they're ignorant and afraid. They can usually tell that I'm still a relatively kind person, so the awkwardness is somewhat abated.

With that said, there are girls out there, like you, who aren't so inflexible about social conformity. Best of luck finding them.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I have the same problem with my girlfriend. She needs me to be there all of the time when I'm with her, if my mind wanders off she knows... You've got to straight up tell her that you don't like the pressure of being socially acceptable. And as my friends say, you've just got to show her who wears the pants, or in your case who needs to pass the pants on.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Where in the world is there is a custom where you have to kiss people? Probably the Italians, those lunatics.

Anyways, sounds rough.
    By the nickname I think he's Brazilian. Anyway, I think it's a great custom (we have it too), you can kiss girls for free, duh.

Oh no ho letto ora. Beh, mi pare sia un po' una marea di cazzate, non esiste nessun posto dove ti "odiano" solo perchŤ non dai i due baci sulla guancia. Oltretutto al sud Ť ancora PEGGIO in questo senso, le norme sociali sono molto piý rigide per molti versi. Insomma, Ť probabile che tu ti senta un disadattato senza che nessuno lo stia realmente pensando.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

my gf is esxj so it's normal for her to be like that... and I like her anyway. I like her
    We've been together for almost 2 yrs now, sometimes she is clingy but she seems to be ok... I hope -_-

One is a heavy introvert, she is silent, she is not into the cheek-kiss-everyone norm. AND she is foreign, which explains everything.

You got it :|
    you sound ISTP and she sounds ESFJ. i fully realize im overgeneralizing, and have little data about you... but i know a ISTP/ESFJ and they act like all the things you've said. plus you just sound ISTP (i have no S bias, one of my best friends is ISTP).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

my gf is esxj so it's normal for her to be like that... and I like her anyway. I like her company, not just as sex tool.
    How many times do they make you kiss in Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan ?

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Anyway, I think it's a great custom (we have it too), you can kiss girls for free, duh.

Oh no ho letto ora. Beh, mi pare sia un po' una marea di cazzate, non esiste nessun posto dove ti "odiano" solo perchŤ non dai i due baci sulla guancia. Oltretutto al sud Ť ancora PEGGIO in questo senso, le norme sociali sono molto piý rigide per molti versi. Insomma, Ť probabile che tu ti senta un disadattato senza che nessuno lo stia realmente pensando.
    (that was probably well dirty)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I'm similar to you. I don't like faking for anyone and often call attention to empty, superficial rituals like small talk and BS compliments ("did you lose weight?"). People think I'm a jerk while I think they're ignorant and afraid. They can usually tell that I'm still a relatively kind person, so the awkwardness is somewhat abated.
    I can relate to that. I kinda sugarcoat it with humor so I can get away with pretty much everything . I don't really see people as ignorant and afraid though.