• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Old INTJs

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
What happens to them?

J means everything has to be about purpose. Se tracks immediate opportunities, and once in a while everything gets together to actually act, and sometimes it works. And the rest? Ni and Fi are all inside, waiting.

Waiting.

Seems a bit like always waiting.

The big ole Ni is always there, getting bigger... for what purpose? I mean, ultimately what purpose? Te means it's supposed to be some purpose "out there".

Then what?

Has always bugged me, this question, and getting older without a strong sense of the past or that much of a connection to people kinda makes everything always about how the tomorrows are numbered.

Bleh. Time to buy a sports car.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Something like this happens:

christmascarolscrooge.jpg

Every time.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I shall prefer the Bill Nighy version:

viktorunderworldevolution2.jpg

Your incompetence is becoming most... taxing.

F

FigerPuppet

They usually evaporate together with INFJs and join the board of directors at Yahweh Inc., controlling the Universe one flowchart at a time.

Alrischa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
What happens to them?

Well, they grow old and die like everyone else, don't they? Unless they've managed to make themselves into robots or cure aging.

Well. Nothing so sinister, I hope. I hear from many older INTJs that they become more mellow in the strength of their preferences for INTJ. They usually become more F and more P, as far as I can see.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
They ride off into the sunset on golden-scaled dragons, duh.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What happens to them?

J means everything has to be about purpose. Se tracks immediate opportunities, and once in a while everything gets together to actually act, and sometimes it works. And the rest? Ni and Fi are all inside, waiting.

Waiting.

Seems a bit like always waiting.

The big ole Ni is always there, getting bigger... for what purpose? I mean, ultimately what purpose? Te means it's supposed to be some purpose "out there".

Then what?

Has always bugged me, this question, and getting older without a strong sense of the past or that much of a connection to people kinda makes everything always about how the tomorrows are numbered.

Bleh. Time to buy a sports car.

You totally forgot the influence of other people in your equations, therefore they are flawed

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
You totally forgot the influence of other people in your equations, therefore they are flawed

Totally dismissed the influence of other people. At least overtly.

Covertly though... whadya think the comment about "waiting" is in there for?

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Alas, immortality would solve the problem of pointless contingency planning.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They seem to become easier to talk to face to face and look like they're almost laughing more frequently.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Totally dismissed the influence of other people. At least overtly.

Covertly though... whadya think the comment about "waiting" is in there for?

But see thats where you are wrong. You are talking to me and the anger you build up to respond now totally is in your system. Or the idea... Therefore your equations are still flawed

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Wha? Anger?

Snippy replies from an INFJ might be anger. In INTJ it's melancholy.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
INTJ's are like a fine wine. They just get better and better with age. Or maybe it was that we became more like stinking cheese... I forget.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
The theory relies on the premise that INTJs use these functions in this order: Ni Te Fi Se. This premise is false. All types uses all function. As we age, we tend to develop the other functions, including the illusive Si.

So Ni does not get bigger and bigger... nor do we have no past. :)

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
The theory relies on the premise that INTJs use these functions in this order: Ni Te Fi Se. This premise is false. All types uses all function. As we age, we tend to develop the other functions, including the illusive Si.

This is false. We do not develop all 8 functions. Only the first 4.

Some background.

I am 32. I have studied older INTJ's, Charles Munger (87) and Elon Musk (40) who sites Nicholas Tesla (INTJ) as someone he can learn from, extensively as well as younger INTJ's such as Mark Zuckerberg. (27)

The pattern is clear. Musk and Munger are no teddy bears. They are never ever ever ever going to develop Fe's. I had a an ESFJ girlfriend for a year and it influenced me slightly, my friends say I became more pleasant to hang out with in larger groups, but all that is just "emulation".

Munger is just as abrasive and riles people up the wrong way even at 87. It's not Aspergers or "unhealthy" it's just Te and being decisive, it is hardly ever personal.

Watch this video if you need more grounding on what actual INTJ's are like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K8NkJpUei4

Purpose and goals underly everything. Sitting on a forum all day is a highly improbably place to find actual INTJ's. They will have purpose and goals outside just knowledge for knowledge sake, like the NTP's. If actual INTJ's do stop by, they not going to be around long. Either they will learn what they need or will dismiss the entire community.

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6

So Ni does not get bigger and bigger... nor do we have no past. :)

To answer the question though.

Se develops later in life, and the INTJ becomes more ISTP like. A lot of my good friends are ISTP and I do extreme sports with them, crack crude jokes and make observations about people (Se). STP's are fun to hang with because they are very grounded and down to earth.

However my Ni and Te is getting better and better with age. It's a bayesian network and the more positive inputs you feed it over time it gets better.

Some people call this "wisdom". Other types use other functions for wisdom. Eg Si is also associated with wisdom in other types.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
They hardly ever become “something years young”.