User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default Ne + MMORPG character creation

I recently tested out a new mmorpg with my infj and to my initial surprise she told me that she hates the part when it comes to character creation and me . I never quite noticed, until I read recently on wikisonicon:

About the entp:

Loves prolonged preparations and therefore not inclined to hurry.
    So the thing is, if it comes to character creation, I indeed can get far offtopic . The character creation screen will stay online as a background task on the computer, while I am surfing the net for possible combinations of my to-be characters abilities, traits and so on . Due to this there are two possible scenarios: the first one is me giving my infj a lecture about what she can possibly become by choosing this or that abilities . Or the second one is me needing like 2 hours to decide on possible abilities + having read a lot of information about it on the internet, which I by then have relayed 1:1 to my infj .

Thats fucking insane *lol*. I was never actually quite aware of me doing that. I wonder if there is a possible connection to be drawn, concerning that Ne loves to think or live for, or better, in the future ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

EH???

I got a question: what is the fascination with video and/or computer games? In all seriosity(!), I ask.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Thats fucking insane *lol*. I was never actually quite aware of me doing that. I wonder if there is a possible connection to be drawn, concerning that Ne loves to think or live for, or better, in the future ?
    Ne sees all the possibities and is looking for the "best one" that best expresses/fulfills the requirements, as determined by Ti. But you're more apt to explore than you are to try to make the model solid. Thus I think INTP would reach a conclusion first, whereas for you, you're more interested in following everything out.

I love character creation, btw; that's more fun that playing, usually. ("Playing" for me also is either "exploring the world" or "figuring out all the best strategies for each character.") My MMO behavior consisted of having all my character slots full of level 10-20 characters, because I'd 'figure them out' and then want to create another one... I only have ever leveled 1-2 toons up all the way in any MMO I have ever played.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I recently tested out a new mmorpg with my infj and to my initial surprise she told me that she hates the part when it comes to character creation and me . I never quite noticed, until I read recently on wikisonicon:

So the thing is, if it comes to character creation, I indeed can get far offtopic . The character creation screen will stay online as a background task on the computer, while I am surfing the net for possible combinations of my to-be characters abilities, traits and so on . Due to this there are two possible scenarios: the first one is me giving my infj a lecture about what she can possibly become by choosing this or that abilities . Or the second one is me needing like 2 hours to decide on possible abilities + having read a lot of information about it on the internet, which I by then have relayed 1:1 to my infj .

I will do the same. I will often spend more time theorizing/theorycrafting and spending time on forums discussing tactics and strategy of choices rather than playing my character.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Ne sees all the possibities and is looking for the "best one" that best expresses/fulfills the requirements, as determined by Ti. But you're more apt to explore than you are to try to make the model solid. Thus I think INTP would reach a conclusion first, whereas for you, you're more interested in following everything out.

I love character creation, btw; that's more fun that playing, usually. ("Playing" for me also is either "exploring the world" or "figuring out all the best strategies for each character.") My MMO behavior consisted of having all my character slots full of level 10-20 characters, because I'd 'figure them out' and then want to create another one... I only have ever leveled 1-2 toons up all the way in any MMO I have ever played.
    Hehe yeah exactly and thats intresting too by the way. I do it exactly the same way, actually in WoW I played 6 characters to around level 30 and then I started a new one. But not because I figured them out, but some other character caught my glimpse and I wanted to try him out . So the intp and entp seem to show a similiar behaviour but with different motivation.

I think thats why my infj is so pissed by the character screen at last. Because there are so many times we are looking at it

MBTI
    ENTP

you freakazoid entropie! for a start, I don't do MMORPG's, but ordinary RPG's like Neverwinter and that sortsa shizzle I do. And I take like, ten seconds creating a character cos I tend to go for the same thing each time: lawful evil or chaotic good, barbarian or fighter/cleric. Male, human, random haircuts and shit, and put all the skill points on heal, intimidate, use magic item and concentration. Insert random name that I take from the ether, usually a swear word in some other language, and let's go!

If I'm watching a newb create a character, I just tell them that if they wanna know what something is, click on it, and then leave them to it while I get a coffee lol I figure, they'll learn as they play, what they "should" have done
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Actually I always end up with rogues myself . But then I see that level 50 Warden, who does a level 60 elite all by himself, barely surviving the fight but winning in the end and I watch me having troubles at level 30 to kill that level 28, I go all I need to try out a warden. Then after I played the warden to level 20 I figure that his offensive capabilities totally suck and he is not meant to be a fast killer, but is very good in endurance fights *zZz*. By then I probably already spotted an intresting mage....

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    EH???

I got a question: what is the fascination with video and/or computer games? In all seriosity(!), I ask.
    Play the inspiration of my username, and you will soon understand.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

well, I've played EQ for 8 years on and off now, so I think just by spending that much time in that worl, I of course have come to my own idea concept for a class: psion/caller, somewhat similar to whats her face in ff3.

I CAN attribute that to Ne..... but other functions could do this as well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I have spent about 3 months of my entire life straight playing neverwinter nights and morrowind and about a month of that was on the character creation screens!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!