• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ps and world domination

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I love a girl with game. *looks at Amargith*

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
I thought of a scheme Brain missed...take all the shows off the air that have a halfway
decent rating and put mindlessly stupid stuff on in its place that way everyone will stop
to see how much dumber it can possibly get, put one 'cute' thing in it and make people
think maybe it isn't so lame and get them hypnotised. But on the down side, who would
want to rule a world over-ran by imbeciles? which would be the likely result...I got noth-
ing.

sorry if this shows up twice I hit somethingg and the screen changed on me.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Sorry I was thinking it was obvious.

Taking control over one county in much much easier.
Here is why, from the position of modern geopolitics.

You take a control over some country and by doing this you have become a player on international sceene. You have the option to be a good player or a bad player. (in a terms of good and evil). But if you start to expand your rule on others by force the world will form a colalition and destroy you.
This is what happend to many great leaders that were too succesful.
Also there is a fact that Ps can get to this position my "inertia" of the system (same can happen to J) So it is obvious that you can't do something like this directly. Maybe if you stockpile enough allies you will have a chance with this approach. But in the case of victory you would not have real control. Unless you plan to destroy your allies as well. What again takes alot of planning since you must be in a position to do it after original conflict ends.

So the only real alternative is more indirect approach. So you will have to do it through economy and privete technology reasearch. But on this level the world is much more complex and diverse and also it is much less inert. So you will need alot of energy and planning to have enough resources to stay in the game , expand further and keep the level of progrees you need.

Once you become strong enough you can start to efect governments. To get cheep resources or a favour. In return you will give large bribes to people in chairs. But in the big picture this is still peanuts.

Why do you think "the West" wants democracy in undeveloped countries? Becuse that means that they can pick their man and then they provide massive funding (for a third world country level). So their guy will win in the end. Especially since people in those countries don't have developed critical thinking.

Also you will have to carefully choose your pawns since there is no way that you can control everthing just by yourself. Not to mention that this could be risky. So this would require quire alot of planning even by NTJ standards.
The thing is that you can't take over the world if you plan to destroy the balances that keep everything in balance. If you do this you actually destroy the world and conquer it. (but that is another story). So you are forced to play by the rules but have the hidden agenda all the time. What is impossible without exensive planning and strategizing.

Actually, Antisocial one, the probability of a P conquering the world is much higher than a J.

You can compare a person with 100% P with 100% J. ;)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Actually, Antisocial one, the probability of a P conquering the world is much higher than a J.

You can compare a person with 100% P with 100% J. ;)

Would you at least care to explain your claim?

In the case this in not a joke or sarcasm.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Well its simple.

The world is a random system. Imagine conquering a planet with 0 population and conquering a world wigth 6 billion people. What got more difficult? Randomness.
Every one person increase on the planet increases the randomness of the system and the probability of outcomes.

And essentially, its a P world, thats why P has a greater chance of thriving in it than Js.
Ps, especially EPs are known to take uncaculated risks, even at the cost of destruction and death.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well its simple.

The world is a random system. Imagine conquering a planet with 0 population and conquering a world wigth 6 billion people. What got more difficult? Randomness.
Every one person increase on the planet increases the randomness of the system and the probability of outcomes.

And essentially, its a P world, thats why P has a greater chance of thriving in it than Js.
Ps, especially EPs are known to take uncaculated risks, even at the cost of destruction and death.

As you probably already know I disagree.

Since strong Js have a easy time taking advantage of people who don't have a plan. Also you can't expect that luck will be enough to lead you to position where you control the world.

As a P your best chance is that you relelase a deadly disease upon the world and make sure that you are the only one that has the cure.

But that is destruction of the world not conquest.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Antisocial one, despite your aspirations you will never be a great leader. You think people succeed because they have a cunning plan? "The best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley."

People succeed politically, socially, militarily because of their ability to manipulate, influence, coerce, and otherwise get others to do their bidding. The sort of area where ExxPs excel. You think someone with influence can't recruit a spotty NTJ to do their detailed planning for them? And what is more important in the heat of battle: the ability to rigidly follow a plan no matter what, or the ability to improvise ingeniously? Look to military history for your answer.
If Ps lead less often, it's due to a lack of ambition. There is no limit to what an ambitious P can do, including run rings around the average J's strategizing abilities.

Our problem is, more often than not, we just don't care enough.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Antisocial one, despite your aspirations you will never be a great leader. You think people succeed because they have a cunning plan? "The best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley."

People succeed politically, socially, militarily because of their ability to manipulate, influence, coerce, and otherwise get others to do their bidding. The sort of area where ExxPs excel. You think someone with influence can't recruit a spotty NTJ to do their detailed planning for them? And what is more important in the heat of battle: the ability to rigidly follow a plan no matter what, or the ability to improvise ingeniously? Look to military history for your answer.
If Ps lead less often, it's due to a lack of ambition. There is no limit to what an ambitious P can do, including run rings around the average J's strategizing abilities.

Our problem is, more often than not, we just don't care enough.

I never calimed that I will be a great leader one day.
I am too introverted to be one of those. Plus I am not really interested.

But from what I see Ps constantly act as if J = SJ what is not true. NJs are perfectly able to do everythig what you have said. (if they are healthy)
The main thing in which I see that you don't understand fully a NTJ mindset is that you think that we just play by a "master plan". What is not correct. If something is important we will have a number of plans. Our greatest strenght is that we can clearly see the out come far into the future and we can see how that outcome changes as you change variables. So we can adapt with out too much problems while staying loyal to our goals.

You are right EP could hire a NTJ(s) to work for him/her but in this case it becomes debateble who works for who. Since NTJ will gather more and more information and insight with time. So in the end EP could just become a NTJ pawn even if NTJ does not want to be in charge.

juggernaut

Permabanned
There does seem to be a great deal of confusion over exactly whom we're talking about here. ENTJs are perfectly capable of tossing out plans that don't work. Generally, they don't need to however. Unlike Ps, they tend to research and plan things carefully enough so that they have a couple of backup plans to deal with contingencies in the event it becomes necessary. Ps rarely even have any real plan at all. When they finally do get motivated, they fly into things higgedly-piggedly and hope for the best. Every P I've known has had this problem. They sit and sit and sit, then fly into whatever they want to do with complete abandon... then crash shortly thereafter in most cases.

Also the idea that you need randomness to "conquer" randomness is pretty silly. First, things aren't really that random. Life is just a bunch of systems, loops inside loops. Second, even if it were random (again it's not), stepping back and coming up with a half dozen or so plans after researching your goal is more likely to result in success than just flying in face first and hoping for the best.

Ps clearly have the desire to conquer the world, this thread was started by a P. They just lack the requisite qualities to maintain control even when they do have a good day and manage to get on top of things for five minutes. Blowing up a bunch of stuff and then hoping some NTJ will come to your rescue because you never bothered to consider what would come next doesn't seem like a very successful route to world domination.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Blowing up a bunch of stuff and then hoping some NTJ will come to your rescue because you never bothered to consider what would come next doesn't seem like a very successful route to world domination.

But it'd be fun. Chaotic, but fun.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There does seem to be a great deal of confusion over exactly whom we're talking about here. ENTJs are perfectly capable of tossing out plans that don't work. Generally, they don't need to however. Unlike Ps, they tend to research and plan things carefully enough so that they have a couple of backup plans to deal with contingencies in the event it becomes necessary. Ps rarely even have any real plan at all. When they finally do get motivated, they fly into things higgedly-piggedly and hope for the best. Every P I've known has had this problem. They sit and sit and sit, then fly into whatever they want to do with complete abandon... then crash shortly thereafter in most cases.

Also the idea that you need randomness to "conquer" randomness is pretty silly. First, things aren't really that random. Life is just a bunch of systems, loops inside loops. Second, even if it were random (again it's not), stepping back and coming up with a half dozen or so plans after researching your goal is more likely to result in success than just flying in face first and hoping for the best.

Ps clearly have the desire to conquer the world, this thread was started by a P. They just lack the requisite qualities to maintain control even when they do have a good day and manage to get on top of things for five minutes. Blowing up a bunch of stuff and then hoping some NTJ will come to your rescue because you never bothered to consider what would come next doesn't seem like a very successful route to world domination.

Blah. I can plan with the best of them when I have to. It's just boring. As for flying in face first, you haven't met many INTPs have you?
You could equally say Js are too hesitant and too anxious to consider every possible scenario whilst Ps are stealing the lead on them.
Real life isn't algorithmic. It's chaotic. And that's your downfall.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Good ideas lead people, let Js squabble over the details later.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Blah. I can plan with the best of them when I have to. It's just boring. As for flying in face first, you haven't met many INTPs have you?
You could equally say Js are too hesitant and too anxious to consider every possible scenario whilst Ps are stealing the lead on them.
Real life isn't algorithmic. It's chaotic. And that's your downfall.

Spend much time in philosophy departments? I did my first B.A. in Philosophy and am doing graduate work in Philosophy. I'm betting I, personally, have met more INTPs irl than most INTPs themselves have. Your claim that planning is boring is a common one amongst the type. It's also why they generally finish behind the NTJs academically. They're highly intelligent but consistently finish in the 3.0 - 3.5 range (if they finish at all), while the NTJs graduate magna cum laude or better. If you can't keep it together to even graduate well, the odds of taking over the world are probably pretty low.

You may know the INTP type, but you sound like you have had little (or no) experience with the ENTJ personality type. We are far from anxious or hesitant.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you can't keep it together to even graduate well, the odds of taking over the world are probably pretty low.
Srsly?
You may know the INTP type, but you sound like you have had little (or no) experience with the ENTJ personality type.
One must be grateful for life's small mercies. ;)

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
i keep seeing myself as the bad guy in a bond movie at times... i think we'd have a chance.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Srsly?

One must be grateful for life's small mercies. ;)

:rofl1:... another funny little, impotent INTP ...there's something new. I think I scraped one of you guys off my shoe the other day on the way to class.

You don't happen to have a second ID with some sort of large firearm as an avatar do you?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Jeez, at least you got a sense of humour (unlike most NTJs) and don't take these threads too seriously tho, eh?
:huh: