• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ps and world domination

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Coz ultimately it's a lonely existance to not have a soulmate. Even when you have a 100 women to toy with...

That is why I said "your values". You presume that everyone are like you.
What simply is not true. The world would probably be a batter place if people are more like you but so far that is only a ideal. Also once you conquer the world you will need to keep it under your rule what will not be easy. So you will be anything but bored.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Coz ultimately it's a lonely existance to not have a soulmate. Even when you have a 100 women to toy with...

It's not though.

Well, for some, for you maybe. But definatly not for everyone, NT's least of all probably.

Soulmate or no soulmate, it doesn't have to be a lonely existance. Unless you believe you NEED to have a soulmate, in order to have a happy life. It's perfectly doable without though.

(Don't really put much stock in the word soulmate myself. If I would, I'd be fucked for the rest of my life. :p )

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
AO, I'm perfectly aware that I'm not like NTJs, but you have to understand that there are plenty of NTJs who actually aren't like you either. They do enjoy company, or crave it, otherwise there wouldn't be that many with trophy wives. Maybe it's even more clear in STJs, I dunno..I guess they often for instance have the need to have the perfect carrier, with the perfect family life and the perfect trophy wife on their arm. And that 'need' is exploitable for those who look for it.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Of course, there are those that do not crave that. But plenty of them do, ime.

I wasn't disputing the fact that people crave soul mates. I just find it rather implausible that someone who is interested in world domination is going to be side-tracked by that desire. Soul mates, presumably, fill some need in a person. It might be the case that those needs are met in other ways for other people, and that those other ways are more compatible with world domination. If a person is in love with challenge or power, do they need a soul mate? Don't they already have a love affair of sorts?

juggernaut

Permabanned
AO, I'm perfectly aware that I'm not like NTJs, but you have to understand that there are plenty of NTJs who actually aren't like you either. They do enjoy company, or crave it, otherwise there wouldn't be that many with trophy wives. Maybe it's even more clear in STJs, I dunno..I guess they often for instance have the need to have the perfect carrier, with the perfect family life and the perfect trophy wife on their arm. And that 'need' is exploitable for those who look for it.

Trophies are disposable. When they cease to fulfill their "trophy" obligations, you get rid of them. You certainly don't leave them your kingdom.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Great theory...practice often shows that those trophy wifes have more influence than you'd think.

Anycase, you guys can debate this further if you want. In truth, my post was just to tease people a bit and it's gone way beyond that for now. I doubt this thread was meant to be this serious and if it was, I think I more than did my part.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But srs bsns is what makes the world turn. No need to go!

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Juggernaut said everything that is important here.

NTJ like this exist but that does not mean that all NTJ are like that.

I am sorry but you are mixing two things all the time. Taking advantage over a guy is something quite different then taking control over the entire world.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Napoleon Bonaparte, Golda Meir, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Margaret Thatcher...
Didn't ask for examples of Js. Asked for evidence that there were no Ps.
In fact...
Many world leaders were Ps it is no secret.
Was my point.
But to conquer the entire world starting from scratch you will need J approach.
Try logic, AO.

I'm less concerned about the idea that Ps are incompetent leaders than the idea that the only way for a woman to lead is as some kind of glorified sidekick. Wrong.
Also untrue.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*smiles* Never said it was the only way, BM, just suggested it as one of the methods...become the spider in the web, sort of speak. I'd love to hear your way to world domination though :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Try logic, AO.

I not sure what you mean by this but I think that I know what you are saying.
Taking control over anything is J approach by default. But there is also the fact that no one is complete P or J. So a P that is bordering J actually has a chance. But other 3 letters play a role here as well. Plus, personality traits that can't be really linked with MBTI types.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Didn't ask for examples of Js. Asked for evidence that there were no Ps.
In fact...
Was my point.

Try logic, AO.

I'm less concerned about the idea that Ps are incompetent leaders than the idea that the only way for a woman to lead is as some kind of glorified sidekick. Wrong.
Also untrue.

Actually what you asked was whether AO was saying all leaders were Js, to which I responded "I don't think so."

Following that , I provided the examples simply because you asked for evidence of J leadership.

Either way, AO is right here. A P may get into a leadership position, but it certainly won't because of his/her P tendencies that he/she will do so. More importantly, her P will very likely cost her this position over time. A lack of planning and foresight is the Achilles heel of the P. You may see great creativity and bursts of energy associated with the P function that just might, inadvertently, get things in motion. Without J, however, that ship is gonna sink...probably very quickly.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*smiles* Never said it was the only way, BM, just suggested it as one of the methods...become the spider in the web, sort of speak. I'd love to hear your way to world domination though :)
Nothing interests me less than dominating others so I really haven't given it any thought. I'm only interested in equality.
The will to power and the corrupting influence of power are concepts which interest me.
I not sure what you mean by this
You admitted there were Ps who had been world leaders. Then you said world domination necessitated a "J approach". Without actually defining what you meant by that.

If it were the case that being a J gave one an automatic advantage in this area, then, given the fierce nature of competition for positions of power and influence, one would not expect to see Ps in positions of power.

I hate having to write 50 words when 2 will do.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You admitted there were Ps who had been world leaders. Then you said world domination necessitated a "J approach". Without actually defining what you meant by that.

If it were the case that being a J gave one an automatic advantage in this area, then, given the fierce nature of competition for positions of power and influence, one would not expect to see Ps in positions of power.

I hate having to write 50 words when 2 will do.

Sorry I was thinking it was obvious.

Taking control over one county in much much easier.
Here is why, from the position of modern geopolitics.

You take a control over some country and by doing this you have become a player on international sceene. You have the option to be a good player or a bad player. (in a terms of good and evil). But if you start to expand your rule on others by force the world will form a colalition and destroy you.
This is what happend to many great leaders that were too succesful.
Also there is a fact that Ps can get to this position my "inertia" of the system (same can happen to J) So it is obvious that you can't do something like this directly. Maybe if you stockpile enough allies you will have a chance with this approach. But in the case of victory you would not have real control. Unless you plan to destroy your allies as well. What again takes alot of planning since you must be in a position to do it after original conflict ends.

So the only real alternative is more indirect approach. So you will have to do it through economy and privete technology reasearch. But on this level the world is much more complex and diverse and also it is much less inert. So you will need alot of energy and planning to have enough resources to stay in the game , expand further and keep the level of progrees you need.

Once you become strong enough you can start to efect governments. To get cheep resources or a favour. In return you will give large bribes to people in chairs. But in the big picture this is still peanuts.

Why do you think "the West" wants democracy in undeveloped countries? Becuse that means that they can pick their man and then they provide massive funding (for a third world country level). So their guy will win in the end. Especially since people in those countries don't have developed critical thinking.

Also you will have to carefully choose your pawns since there is no way that you can control everthing just by yourself. Not to mention that this could be risky. So this would require quire alot of planning even by NTJ standards.
The thing is that you can't take over the world if you plan to destroy the balances that keep everything in balance. If you do this you actually destroy the world and conquer it. (but that is another story). So you are forced to play by the rules but have the hidden agenda all the time. What is impossible without exensive planning and strategizing.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^tl;dr
This is a ridiculous argument and I don't have the energy or desire to pick it apart. Three words:

Alexander the Great.

Bored now.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
^tl;dr
This is a ridiculous argument and I don't have the energy or desire to pick it apart. Three words:

Alexander the Great.

Bored now.

Can you explain why it is ridiculous in a few sentences?

How can we for sure say that Alexander the great was ENTP ? We can only speculete. Also don't overlook the fact that he never controled more then a few percent of the Earth landmass.

I am curious. Is this topic about present, past or both ?
Or it is just another fluff thread ? (since it looks like that)

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Re: Title

P is for Please stop making these ridiculous threads.