User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Sensor-type music to me is diatonic music, and is music that is enjoyed for reasons other than complexity. Beauty in simplicity. Music that sensors more often enjoy, and that intuitives more often dislike.

Different people see it differently, but my point still stays the same. Artists that are outliers in the pool of artists you listen to.

MBTI
    INTJ

I like minimalist compositions, my xSyz acquaintances do not. I don't think lack of complexity is grounds for classifying a kind of music as more to the tastes of sensate functions than intuition.

Actaully, I doubt it can be done at all.
    Aleph-One, you look like the kind of person who would spend his spare time building a giant robot to hold the government for ransom. -Some Guy on the Internet

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph-One View Post
    Actaully, I doubt it can be done at all.
    What, classifying types of music among S/N types?

Yeah, probably not. I remember the INTP profile mentioning Fe- and Si-stimulating music. I was going along those lines...

Lasting_Pain

I listen to rap so if I were to listen to s type music I guess that would be listening to music with catchy lyrics and a knocking beat.

But since I like N type music, I mostly listen to complex rhymes and extended metaphors stretched over 16 bars of masterful writing.

MBTI
    INTP

Strangely enough, a lot of INTPs seem to like electronica and death metal, both of which I can't stand. A lot of what I like isn't very deep, maybe, but there's a lot of complexity to the music itself, once you take it apart. A lot of classic rock falls into this category. What I can't stand about electronica is that they've standardized the drum and bass parts, therefore automatically removing a large chunk of the foundation of an interesting song.

One thing I love about the early Beatles stuff is that the songs were so seemingly simple (She loves you / Yeah, yeah, yeah), but they had a raw power and interesting chord progressions and fabulous high-third harmonies.

You mentioned Tom Petty earlier--most of his songs are just three or four easy chords, it's true. But he really is a master of language and telling a story in the most economical, but memorable, way possible. It's like he's having a conversation with his listeners, which is MUCH harder to do than it seems.
    Something Witty

FigerPuppet

Is hardstyle "S-music"?
    YouTube - PUMP IT UP! Qlimax at its best

It's probably the worst genre I know. It's dull, superficial and very repetive. I can only stand it when I'm drunk.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    What I can't stand about electronica is that they've standardized the drum and bass parts, therefore automatically removing a large chunk of the foundation of an interesting song.
    I agree, especially when it's the standard 4/4 bass drum rhythm over and over again, I hate that. But electronic music is such a large genre, which has a bad excellent:crap ratio because it's so easy to make electronic music, but I really think there is something in there for everyone. The label really only refers to the method used to make the music. You might like something like Shpongle.

Just because it's in my head now:

Sensor electronic music:

Trance
    House
    Breaks
    Drum'n'bass

iNtuitive electronic music:
    Psytrance
    Chillout
    Intelligent Dance Music
    Trip Hop
    Downtempo