• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] The "Who needs my advice" List

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
This isn't what you think. I was just thinking today, relative to other people what I do as INTJ is advise. I know because sometimes people make it on to the "Doesn't need my advice" list. So I thought about that list and who's on it. It's easier to say who's on the "Needs my advice" List. The default answer is "No one." And that's how I cruise along from day to day. Then some situation comes along, and I volunteer advice, more or less to see what will happen. That's a crucial time, the seeing what happens time. Either I'm engaged and learning what needs to be recommended next, or I'm being disengaged, seeing my role in the situation fall away, little of my directive package having been used. The timeframe for this seeing what happens part varies according to my preliminary investment in whatever needs the outcome, but it's usually relatively short. And when things are going tits up its usually a relief to realise that whoever's involved doesn't have to be on the list anymore.

'Course, I don't think I've ever seen anything work out the way it's supposed to, but there you go.

(Just sharin'. And anyone who cries Aspergers is off The List.)

sculpting

Dear Mr. K,

Can you please advise on how I can become an INTP?

Thanks,
pup

juggernaut

Permabanned
I found your advice quite useful. Unfortunately you can't see if the "directive package" has been used, but it is, I'm trying. So, thanks.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*cries* Aspergers!!!!

:smile:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Dear Mr. K,

Can you please advise on how I can become an INTP?

Thanks,
pup

Dear Troubled,

Hormones, a small operation, and a lot of counseling. But since you'll be keeping the N and the P, you won't be in the OR too long. Take a good book. (Something obtuse that you currently consider tiresome--soon it will be eloquent.)

I found your advice quite useful. Unfortunately you can't see if the "directive package" has been used, but it is, I'm trying. So, thanks.

Free transplants for everyone!

Wanna get on The List? Then someone help me with this "sense of humour" thing. I seem to have broken the knob.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
It's a little bit distressing though, in some respects. One can go from caring to not caring in the space it takes to make a decision. Processing of other people's problems just stops and I cease to know what to say to them.

That, and the past. The past is a weird thing for me. It's a bit like it's not there. That's useful for bulwarking the sense that pretty much anything can be accomplished: the past doesn't exist so more or less everything is malleable now.

Weirdness.

juggernaut

Permabanned
It's a little bit distressing though, in some respects. One can go from caring to not caring in the space it takes to make a decision. Processing of other people's problems just stops and I cease to know what to say to them.

That, and the past. The past is a weird thing for me. It's a bit like it's not there. That's useful for bulwarking the sense that pretty much anything can be accomplished: the past doesn't exist so more or less everything is malleable now.

Weirdness.

I don't think that that's terribly unusual. It's probably a matter of self-preservation at some unconscious level. When I realize that someone is not listening and will continue to operate in a way that I recognize as problematic, I just shut down. The "there's nothing more to be done here" switch flips and my energy is automatically redirected elsewhere.

As far as the past goes, I think it's useful to try and keep an objective tally of what has gone on before. It's not so much that I live in it as it is a log of events and outcomes, almost like field notes. I keep it tucked away in my head in the hope that the next time I encounter that noxious plant, poisonous bug, or venomous reptile I will know better than to mess with it. The past is a series of experiments...some successes, some not so much. In some ways it emboldens me and makes me feel more comfortable with the unknown simply because I know I can and will learn as I go.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(Just sharin'. And anyone who cries Aspergers is off The List.)

Just for that little note, I am taking myself off The List. :harhar:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
[Fe-appropriate comment here]

Come get your 'Spergy self over here for huggy time!!!

You couldn't be more on the List if you tried!

Wait, what? Jesus is off the list and INTPs are sneaking on?! I just lost my TJ brotherlesshood card.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have been getting off and on inspiration to take over the world since I was 13. What should I do?!

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have been getting off and on inspiration to take over the world since I was 13. What should I do?!

Well, for starters, you need a list.

So, okay, you're making your list.

Check it twice.

This has been an introductory lecture on World Domination. For the complete series, please call my 1-800 number, now flashing on your screen.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lists?! Inspiration... fading... :(

MBTI Type
INxJ
Lists?! Inspiration... fading... :(

:D I will help, as long as you cut me a piece of that pie. I don't really want to run anything per se...

Kalach,

I made a tinfoil hat, and jumped on my roof while waving a flag that had a message written to aliens. They didn't respond. What else can I do?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Kalach,

I made a tinfoil hat, and jumped on my roof while waving a flag that had a message written to aliens. They didn't respond. What else can I do?

Costrin interjects!

Get rid of the tinfoil hat. They speak to you telepathically, but the tinfoil blocks out the brainwaves, so you couldn't hear them. Seriously, this is elementary. How did you not realize this?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Kalach,

Oh, trust me, they responded.

Ask your neighbours. They'll say they didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Not one thing. That's the key.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Oh, trust me, they responded.

Ask your neighbours. They'll say they didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Not one thing. That's the key.

Oh Noes! :D

I hope I wasn't probed or anything weird. Not remembering an alien response could indicate I wasn't conscious.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm pretty sure we've all been probed a few times over the years. Aliens, you see, are pretty much the definition of TP. TJ aliens, they'll go with probe one, you've probed them all. But no, our guys, the aliens we got running around, no, they're out there every night going on and on and on about how this varied slightly from that and that one needs a good going over again for confirmations, it just gets wearisome. But they seem to like it and no one usually remembers anyway, so whatever, right.

I don't feel to good about it, but there it is, and it's better to have a hook in the conspiracy from the start I say.

Oh, who am I kidding. I've been building a bigger and bigger tinfoil hat since before I can remember. It's like the size of a SAAB now. I really wish the fuckers would just leave me alone. Sorry for your loss.