User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default The "Who needs my advice" List

This isn't what you think. I was just thinking today, relative to other people what I do as INTJ is advise. I know because sometimes people make it on to the "Doesn't need my advice" list. So I thought about that list and who's on it. It's easier to say who's on the "Needs my advice" List. The default answer is "No one." And that's how I cruise along from day to day. Then some situation comes along, and I volunteer advice, more or less to see what will happen. That's a crucial time, the seeing what happens time. Either I'm engaged and learning what needs to be recommended next, or I'm being disengaged, seeing my role in the situation fall away, little of my directive package having been used. The timeframe for this seeing what happens part varies according to my preliminary investment in whatever needs the outcome, but it's usually relatively short. And when things are going tits up its usually a relief to realise that whoever's involved doesn't have to be on the list anymore.

'Course, I don't think I've ever seen anything work out the way it's supposed to, but there you go.

(Just sharin'. And anyone who cries Aspergers is off The List.)

Dear Mr. K,

Can you please advise on how I can become an INTP?

Thanks,
    pup

Banned

I found your advice quite useful. Unfortunately you can't see if the "directive package" has been used, but it is, I'm trying. So, thanks.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

*cries* Aspergers!!!!

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    Dear Mr. K,

Can you please advise on how I can become an INTP?

Thanks,
    pup
    Dear Troubled,

Hormones, a small operation, and a lot of counseling. But since you'll be keeping the N and the P, you won't be in the OR too long. Take a good book. (Something obtuse that you currently consider tiresome--soon it will be eloquent.)

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I found your advice quite useful. Unfortunately you can't see if the "directive package" has been used, but it is, I'm trying. So, thanks.
    Free transplants for everyone!

Wanna get on The List? Then someone help me with this "sense of humour" thing. I seem to have broken the knob.

MBTI
    INTJ

It's a little bit distressing though, in some respects. One can go from caring to not caring in the space it takes to make a decision. Processing of other people's problems just stops and I cease to know what to say to them.

That, and the past. The past is a weird thing for me. It's a bit like it's not there. That's useful for bulwarking the sense that pretty much anything can be accomplished: the past doesn't exist so more or less everything is malleable now.

Weirdness.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    It's a little bit distressing though, in some respects. One can go from caring to not caring in the space it takes to make a decision. Processing of other people's problems just stops and I cease to know what to say to them.

That, and the past. The past is a weird thing for me. It's a bit like it's not there. That's useful for bulwarking the sense that pretty much anything can be accomplished: the past doesn't exist so more or less everything is malleable now.

Weirdness.
    I don't think that that's terribly unusual. It's probably a matter of self-preservation at some unconscious level. When I realize that someone is not listening and will continue to operate in a way that I recognize as problematic, I just shut down. The "there's nothing more to be done here" switch flips and my energy is automatically redirected elsewhere.

As far as the past goes, I think it's useful to try and keep an objective tally of what has gone on before. It's not so much that I live in it as it is a log of events and outcomes, almost like field notes. I keep it tucked away in my head in the hope that the next time I encounter that noxious plant, poisonous bug, or venomous reptile I will know better than to mess with it. The past is a series of experiments...some successes, some not so much. In some ways it emboldens me and makes me feel more comfortable with the unknown simply because I know I can and will learn as I go.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post

(Just sharin'. And anyone who cries Aspergers is off The List.)
    Just for that little note, I am taking myself off The List.

MBTI
    INTJ

[Fe-appropriate comment here]

Come get your 'Spergy self over here for huggy time!!!

You couldn't be more on the List if you tried!

Wait, what? Jesus is off the list and INTPs are sneaking on?! I just lost my TJ brotherlesshood card.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I have been getting off and on inspiration to take over the world since I was 13. What should I do?!
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]