User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On Stupidity

ish red no longer *sad* Array nightning's Avatar

Sometimes stupidity is just stupidity...

Life isn't exactly like a chess game. There are rules, but rules can be broken. It's impossible to see all the possibilities in the future to know for sure whether a "stupid" move is actually a genius one or not. So why bother overthinking? Make your best guess and move on.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here:

Permabanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Nice try.
    I heart you too tg.

If it made sense down the line, then it was never really stupid.
    My sentiments exactly. Please note my use of the concept of "ostensible" stupidity, which denotes a perception of stupidity which may or may not square well with actual stupidity. In effect, my argument targets the potential benefits of the possibilities foregone due to a) a limitation in one's capacity to conceive more possibilies and b) an intuitive dismissal of certain possibilities without rationally calculating the implications of those possibilities. This is often the case in business, where so many proposals get dismissed on a whim by authority figures who fail to rationally calculate the full implications of the idea/model/etc.

Real stupidity can't be denied.
    To say that real stupidity cannnot be denied, is to say that real stupidity can be universally affirmed, and I doubt this is the case. People disagree on what constitutes stupidity as much as they disagree on what constitutes intelligence. In fact, I am certain that if we took a poll even on this forum, there would be a high degree of pluralism and diversity of opinion on this very issue.